BARC Scientific Officers Recruitment 2022, Apply online
BARC Scientific Officers Recruitment – Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) invites applications from Engineering Graduates and Science Postgraduates candidates for OCES training scheme and DGFS Program for the recruitment of Scientific Officers (Group-A) under BARC recruitment 2022.
About the Program
- One-year Orientation Course for Engineering Graduates and Science Postgraduates for the academic year 2022-2023 (OCES-2022) will be conducted at the five BARC Training Schools situated at Mumbai, Kalpakkam, Indore and Hyderabad.
- Tables-1a & 1b list Eligible Disciplines for the OCES program. Table-2 lists the Eligible Disciplines and orientation of the Training Program at each of the Training Schools. A Trainee Scientific Officer (TSO), who scores a minimum of 50% aggregate marks on completion of the Training Program, is declared to have passed the course successfully. Successful TSOs will be posted as Scientific Officers in one of the following DAE units:
BARC Scientific Officers Recruitment Dates 2022
- Publishing Print media Advertisement in Newspaper : January 18, 2022
- Commencement of Online Application Process for OCES/DGFS-2022 : January 17, 2022
- Last date for Registration for Online Application : February 11, 2022
- Last date for Submission of Online Application : February 12, 2022
- Online Examination Slot Booking : March 4, 2022 to March 18, 2022
- Online Examination : April 7, 2022 to April 13, 2022
- Last date candidates to upload the GATE Score : April 13, 2022
- Display of List of candidates short-listed for Interview on Online Application Portal : April 28, 2022
- Availability based option on Online Application Portal to select Interview Slot for qualified candidates : April 30, 2022- May 4, 2022
- Selection Interviews : June 14 –July 31, 2022
- Display of List of Candidates finally selected for OCES-2022 on Online Application Portal: August 18, 2022
- Last Date for Selected OCES-2022 Candidates desirous of DGFS to give details of M. Tech I M.Chem. Engineering admission in a DGFS institute : August 20, 2022
- Declaration of List of Applicants Selected for DGFS-2022 on Online Application Portal : 02nd week of September, 2022
BARC Scientific Officers Recruitment Eligibility Criteria 2022
Qualifying Degrees and Other Academic Requirements for OCES/DGFS-2022
For Engineering Disciplines (Codes ME (21), CH (22), MT(23), EE(24), EC(25), CS(26), IN(27), CE(28), NE(29) as per Table-1a ):
- B.E. / B.Tech / B.Sc (Engineering) / 5-year Integrated M.Tech. with a minimum of 60%* aggregate marks in one of the above mentioned nine engineering disciplines mentioned in Table-1a.
- It is to be noted that there is no Training discipline called “Nuclear Engineering‟ and applicants with a degree in “Nuclear Engineering‟ will be allotted RSES at BARC Training School, Mumbai or Mechanical (ME – Code 21) or Chemical (CH – Code 22) at the BARC Training Schools at Mumbai, Kalpakkam or NFC-Hyderabad, as their Training Scheme.
- Applicants opting to be considered on the basis of a GATE Score must have a valid GATE-2021 or GATE-2022 Score in the same engineering discipline as the qualifying degree discipline. The applicable GATE subjects are listed in Table-1a.
- Those having qualifying degree in branches like Aerospace, Automobile, Automotive, Aeronautical Engineering, M.E. in CAD/ CAM, Mechanical and Automation Engineering, Industrial Production, Reliability, Ceramics, Architecture, Geology, Mining, Marine Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Bio-Medical Electronics/ Instruments, Communication, Information Technology, Master of Computer Applications, Dyes & Dye Intermediates, Electrochemical, Energy Systems, Chemical Engineering with specialization in Refining & Petrochemicals, Chemical Technology with specialization in Petrochemical, Chemical & Electrochemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Oils & Fats, Paints & Varnishes, Refining & Petrochemicals, Petrochemicals, Plastics, Paper, Sugar Technology, Textiles, Mechatronics, Power Engineering, Power Plant Engineering, Control Engineering, Software Engineering, Electronics & Computer Engineering, Information Science & Engineering, M.Sc in Computer Science, M.Sc in Computer Applications (MCA), Computer Science & System Engineering, B.Sc Computer Science, Electronics & Computer Engineering, B.Sc Electronics, M.Sc Electronics, BSMS program in Electrical Engineering & Computer Sciences, etc., are NOT eligible.
For Fast Reactor Technology-M (FRT-M, Code 30):
- B.E. / B.Tech / B.Sc (Engineering) / 5-year Integrated M.Tech in Mechanical Engineering or Chemical Engineering with minimum of 60%* aggregate marks in qualifying degree. FRT-M is an additional Training Scheme option available to applicants belonging to Mechanical Engineering or Chemical Engineering (Codes 21 and 22) and hence there will not be a separate screening test or Selection interview.
For Fast Reactor Technology-E (FRT-E, Code 31):
- B.E. / B.Tech / B.Sc (Engineering) / 5-year Integrated M.Tech in Electrical Engineering / Electronics Engineering / Electronics & Communication Engineering / Electronics & Controls Engineering / Electrical & Electronics Engineering / Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering / Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering with minimum of 60%* aggregate marks in qualifying degree. FRT-E is an additional Training Scheme option available to applicants belonging to Electrical Engineering or Electronics Engineering (Codes 24 and 25) and hence there will not be a separate screening test or Selection Interview.
For Quality Assurance & Quality Control (QA&QC, Code 32):
- B.E. / B.Tech / B.Sc (Engineering) / 5-year Integrated M.Tech in Mechanical Engineering or Metallurgy / Metallurgy & Materials Engineering / Metallurgy & Materials Science / Metallurgical Engineering / Metallurgical & Materials Engineering / Metallurgical Engineering & Materials Science / Materials Science & Engineering with minimum of 60%* aggregate marks in qualifying degree. QA&QC is an additional Training Scheme option available to applicants belonging to Mechanical Engineering or Metallurgical Engineering (Codes 21 and 23) and hence there will not be a separate screening test or Selection interview.
- * A minimum of 60% aggregate marks means the marks as per the ordinances of respective University . Applicants, who have been awarded CGPA or letter grades, should convert CGPA into percentage asper the ordinances of their respective university.
- For more details on Eligibility Criteria check the information brochure http://barconlineexam.in/document/BARC_information_brochure_2022.pdf
Age Limit (Maximum Age as on August 1, 2022)
- General Category – 26 years,
- OBC – 29 years,
- SC/ST – 31 years,
- Dependents of those who died in the riots of 1984 (Dep 1984) – 31 years,
- Persons domiciled in Kashmir Division of Jammu & Kashmir State from 01/01/1980 to 31/12/1989 (Dom Kashmir) – 31 years
- Physically Challenged persons of all categories are eligible for age relaxation of 10 years. Person with physical disability with an extent of disability more than 40% will be considered for age relaxation and may be permitted a scribe.
- Nationality: Applicant must be a citizen of India.
BARC Scientific Officers Recruitment Application Process 2022
- Candidates have to fill up the Online Application form provided on this website (http://barconlineexam.in/).
- Candidates need to register through “Apply Online‟ link by providing essential information like name, mother‟s name, date of birth, mobile no., e-mail ID and a preferred login ID. It may be noted that the details provided at this stage cannot be modified later on, and hence the candidates are advised to be careful in entering the details.
- Upon successful registration, the candidates can activate their account through both the OTPs sent to their registered mobile number and registered email id.
- Candidates must read an information brochure before applying.
- Application Fee Rs. 500/-
- Mode of Payment : Through online
- Selection to OCES/DGFS-2022 is a two-step process: Screening to short-listed candidates followed by Selection Interviews of the short-listed candidates.
- Screening for Selection Interviews is based on two alternative methods:
On the basis of Online Examination:
- Online Examination will be conducted in April, 2022 in each of the nine Engineering disciplines (Codes 21 – 29) and three Science disciplines (Codes 41, 42 and 45) in more than forty cities spread across India.
- Travel Allowance is not paid for appearing in Online Examination.
On the basis of GATE score:
- Candidates will be screened in for Selection Interview on the basis of a valid GATE-2021 or GATE-2022 score in the applicable GATE subject.
- Applicants with a degree in “Nuclear Engineering‟ will be screened in only on the basis of Online Examination to be conducted in April, 2022.
- Appointment in all the units shall be as a Scientific Officer “C‟ (SO/C) in the Level 10 – ₹ 56,100 of the 7th Central Pay Commission Pay Matrix.
For more details and apply please visit the official website