Airport ground staffs Jobs for Customer Services
With the increase in number of aeroplanes and passengers each day, the need for efficient ground staff is also increasing. Airport ground staffs are responsible for managing the smooth transportation of passengers and much more.
As we know that in an airport, there are many jobs apart from air hostess and pilot. There is various ground level work as well. Staff persons working at ground level perform duties which makes sure that passengers are able to transport smoothly. In this article, we are sharing all the information regarding airline ground staff jobs. Therefore if you are someone who is interested in working as a ground staff, keep reading.
Airport ground staffs are hired by airlines to attend customers or passengers after, before and in between flights are well. The main task of people working in this position is to answer queries from people, assisting various needs of the passengers and communicating with people to make sure that they face no difficulty while travelling. Though this job position is full-time, airline companies sometimes hire individuals to work on a part-time basis. The work time can e little irregular as most airline companies operate for 24 hours a day.
The tasks which ground staff workers have to perform are managing various customers needs, however, apart from this they need to perform some other duties as well such as working in ticketing Counters, wareHouse, Catering and many more. The tasks which need to be performed are easy though there is a need for high communication skill.
Minimum qualification for airport ground staff
To become an airport ground staff one does not need to have any kind of professional or graduate degree. To become an airport ground staff one should be a 12 passed out from any recognised institution of the country.
As the duties performed by ground employees are very general and basic, there is no need to have any high qualification.
The salary paid to ground staff varies from one airline company to other, however, if you are a fresher the maximum that you can expect is Rs 15,000. The salary range for freshers starts from Rs 8000 and as mentioned earlier the maximum is Rs 15000 per month.
For someone who has already worked as an airport ground staff or similar kind of job, the pay scale becomes high and one can even get an amount of Rs 20000- Rs 25,000 as a salary.
Like any other interview, the selection process of airport ground staff involves several steps. Below we have mentioned all the exams which an individual willing to work as an airport ground staff has to sit for.
1. Group discussion: The selection process starts with GD round where groups are formed and a topic is provided for them to discuss on. Generally, these groups consist of 15-20 students.
2. Personal Interview: Candidates selected in the GD round will get a green signal to move forward and go for the personal interview round. In this round, very basic questions about the candidate’s family and background will be asked. The key here is to stay confident.
3. HR round: The third and the final round is HR round which will be conducted by the HR of the airline company. In this round, the HR will be asking questions to check the communication skill and personality of the candidate. Some basic questions which may be asked in the HR round are:
- Tell me something about yourself.
- Why do you want to work with our company?
- Why do you choose this career?
- What do you know about ground staff?
- Why do you want to join aviation industry despite knowing it will be strenuous?
These are some of the questions which may be asked in the HR round therefore be prepared to answer them. The key here is also to stay confident.
Author: Simli Chatterjee