Andhra University, Visakhapatnam announces Andhra Pradesh Education Common Entrance Test (AP EdCET) 2021 for Admission to B.Ed Program
AP EdCET 2021 – A.P. Education Common Entrance Test (AP Ed.CET-2021) for the year 2021 will be conducted by Andhra University, Visakhapatnam on behalf of the Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education (APSCHE) for admission to B.Ed. Regular Course (two years duration) in the University/Government/ Aided/Unaided/Private Colleges of Education in Andhra Pradesh for the academic year 2021-22
Eligible candidates may submit their applications through online mode till July 17, 2021, and with a late fee of Rs.500/- till August 17, 2021. AP EdCET for the Academic Year 2021-22 will be conducted on 21st September 2021 from 11.00 AM to 01.00 PM
AP EdCET 2021 Important Dates
- Notification of AP Ed.CET – 2021: 16th July 2021
- Commencement of Submission of Online application forms: 17th July 2021
- Last date for submission of online applications without late fee: 17th August 2021
- Last date for submission of Application with a Late fee of Rs. 1000/-: 24th August 2021
- Last date for submission of Application with a Late fee of Rs. 2000/-: 31st August 2021
- Correction of online application data already submitted by the candidate: 01th to 04th September 2021
- Downloading of Hall-tickets from the website: 10th September 2021
- Date of AP Ed.CET – 2021 Examination: 21st September 2021
- Declaration of Preliminary Key: 25th September 2021
Eligibility Criteria for AP EdCET 2021
- Candidates satisfying the following requirements shall be eligible to appear for AP Ed.CET 2021
- Candidates should be Indian Nationals.
- Candidates should satisfy Local/Non-Local status requirements as laid down in the Andhra Pradesh Educational Institutions (Regulation of Admission) Order 1974 as subsequently amended.
- Passed/appearing for final year exams of B.A./B.Sc./B.Sc. (Home Science)/B.Com./ B.C.A./B.B.M. at the time of submitting the Application for AP Ed.CET-202
- Candidates should have secured a minimum of 50% marks either in the Bachelor’s Degree i.e., B.A./B.Sc./B.Sc. (Home Science)/ B.Com./ B.C.A./ B.B.M and or in the PG Degree in relevant subject or 5 years integrated course in the relevant subject of methodology or any other qualification equivalent thereto.
- However the candidates belonging to all other reserved categories SC, ST, BC (A/B/C/D/E), and physically handicapped should have secured a minimum of 40% marks in the qualifying exam
- Candidates should have completed the age of 19 years on the 1st of July in the year in which notification is issued. There shall be no maximum age limit
AP EdCET 2021 Application Process
- Eligible candidates can apply online application only through official website https://sche.ap.gov.in
Steps to Follow
- Step-1: Fee Payment – Candidates can make Online Fee Payment through this option.
- Step-2: Know your Payment Status – Candidate can check Success/Failure status of Fee Payment
- Step-3: Fill Application – After fee payment either by cash at AP Online Center or by money transfer by Debit/Credit/Net Banking modes, candidates should fill in the Application through this option.
- Step-4: Print Application Form – After application form submission, candidate can print the submitted form
- For General Candidates – Rs.600/-
- For SC/ST Candidates – Rs.400/-
AP EdCET 2021 Exam Pattern
- Type of Question: Multiple Choice Questions
- Language of Exam: Question paper will be in English & Telugu except for English methodology
- Duration of Exam: 120 minutes
- Number of Question: 150 Questions
- Number of Marks: 150 Marks
Distribution of Question and Marks
|Subjects||Number of Questions||No. of Marks|
|Part A – General English||25||25|
|Part B – General Knowledge||15||15|
|Part B – Teaching Aptitude||10||10|
|Part C – Methodology||100||100|
- Syllabus for the subjects under Part-A, Part-B and Part-C of the EdCET-2021 covers the Degree Subjects (BA, B.Com. BSc)
- Applicants should download hall tickets from the website https://sche.ap.gov.in/edcet only. Appearance at AP Ed.CET-2021 does not entitle any candidate to be considered for entry into the course automatically.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website