CA CPT Application Form 2019 - Here is How to apply online
CA CPT Application Form 2019 – Online Registration starts
CA CPT 2019 December Application Form - Common Proficiency Test (CPT) is an entry level test for Chartered Accountancy Course. It is a test of four subjects i.e. Accounting, Mercantile Laws, General Economics and Quantitative Aptitude with an objective to test basic knowledge in these subjects’ areas.
Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI), the exam conducting authority will conduct CA CPT 2019 Exam for December Session on December 2019 , in two sessions - morning from 10:30 AM to 12:30 PM, and afternoon session from 02:00 PM to 04:00 PM. This test is of 200 marks. Common Proficiency Test is an objective and multiple choice based examination. Candidates will be allowed to opt for Hindi medium Question Paper Booklet for answering the questions.
Let us have a look at the application procedure for the CA Common Proficiency Test (CPT) 2019.
CA CPT Application Form 2019 (December) – How to Apply online?
- Applicants need to fill the application form in online mode to register themselves for CA CPT 2019 (December) from Sept, 2019 at https://icaiexam.icai.org. The exam fee is required to be submitted online by using VISA or MASTER Credit / Debit Card / Rupay Card / Net Banking.
- However, the Exam application form for Post Qualification Course Exam International Taxation - Assessment Test (INTT - AT) is to be filled up in the paper-based form only and is priced at Rs.100/- per exam application form.
CA CPT 2019 (December) Application Fee
- Fee of Rs.1000/- for centres in India, US $ 300/- for Abu Dhabi, Doha, Dubai & Muscat centres and INR 1700/-for Kathmandu centre can be remitted using online payment gateway facility with VISA/Master/Maestro Credit/Debit Card.
- In addition to the applicable fee payable to the Institute by the candidate towards the exam, they will be required to pay bank charges at the following rates, while paying the said fee, online through the payment gateway.
CA CPT 2019 Application Form Last Date
- Last Date for Registration without Late Fee: 1st week of Sept 2019 (Tentative)
- Last Date to Submit the Application Form with Late Fee: Last week of Oct 2019 (Tentative)
Eligibility Criteria for ICAI CPT 2019 (December)
A candidate shall be eligible to appear in Common Proficiency Test scheduled to be held in December 2019, if he/she has:
- Either passed or appeared in the Senior Secondary Exam (10+2 examination) conducted by an examining body constituted by law in India or an exam recognized by the Central Govt. as equivalent thereto and has complied with such requirements as may be specified by the Council from time to time.
- List of examinations recognized as equivalent to Senior Secondary Examination); and
- Revalidated his/her registration to Common Proficiency Course (as applicable)
- As decided by the Council, the registration to the Common Proficiency Course is valid for a period of 3 years and the student is required to revalidate the same from the concerned Regional Office on expiry of the said period.
CA CPT Exam Pattern 2019
- The Common Proficiency Test (CPT) in Paper-Pencil Mode (PP Mode) will be held on December 2019 in accordance with the existing scheme of education, training and exam of the Chartered Accountancy Course.
- It is a 4 hours duration test comprising two sessions of 2 hours each with a break between two sessions. Test will comprise objective type questions with negative marking for choosing wrong answers.
- In order to pass the CPT (Examination), a candidate is required to secure, at one sitting, a minimum of 30 percent marks in each Section and a minimum of 50 percent marks in the aggregate of all Sections, subject to the principle of negative marking, being 1/4 Mark (one fourth) for each wrong answer, as per Regulation 36A of CA Regulations, 1988.
- Common Proficiency Test will be of one paper of 200 marks and will consist of the following four sections:
First Session (Morning Session) 10.30 AM to 12.30 PM IST
- Section-A Fundamentals of Accounting
- Section-B Mercantile Laws
Second Session (Afternoon Session) 02.00 PM to 04.00 PM IST
- Section-C General Economics
- Section-D Quantitative Aptitude
Weightage for each Section
- Section A - Fundamentals of Accounting - 60 Marks
- Section B - Mercantile Laws- 40 Marks
- Section C - General Economics - 50 Marks
- Section D - Quantitative Aptitude- 50 Marks