UPSC announces Combined Medical Service (CMS) Examination 2023 for 1261 Post, Apply now
UPSC CMS 2023 – The Union Public Service Commission, UPSC has released the Combined Medical Services Examination (CMS) is an entrance examination for recruiting medical officers for central government organizations and services conducted by Union Public Service Commission.
UPSC CMS Notification 2023 will be released on April 19, 2023, for the posts of Medical Officers, Assistant Medical Officers, General Duty Medical Officers, Junior Scale Posts in Central Health Services, etc. as per the available vacancies.
UPSC CMS Examination 2023
UPSC CMS 2023 Highlights
- Exam Name: Combined Medical Services, CMS
- Exam Conducting Body: Union Public Service Commission, UPSC
- Type of Question: Objective Type (Multiple choice answers)
- CMS Exam Stage: 2 stages
- Exam Mode: Online Computer-based Exam & Personality Test
- Language: English Only
- The UPSC usually recruits candidates for various posts in two categories. Since the official notification for the UPSC CMS Vacancy 2023
- Medical Officers Grade in General Duty Medical Officers Sub-Cadre of Central Health Service – 584
- Assistant Divisional Medical Officer in the Railways – 300
- General Duty Medical Officer in New Delhi Municipal Council – 01
- General duty Medical Officer Gr-II in Municipal Corporation of Delhi – 376
- Release of the Notification: April 19, 2023
- Availability of application form: April 19, 2023
- Last day to fill out the application form: May 9, 2023
- Admit card: June 2023
- Computer-Based Exam Date: July 16, 2023
- Result of CBE: August 2023
- A citizen of India, or
- A subject of Nepal, or
- The subject of Bhutan, or
- A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January 1962
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka or East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or from Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- For a person belonging from category 2 to 5 have to issue a certificate of eligibility from Gov. of India
- A candidate for this exam must not have attained the age of 32 years as on 01st August 2023, i.e. the candidate must have been born not earlier than 02nd August 1991.
- However, for Junior Time Scale Posts in Central Health Services, the upper age limit must not exceed 35 (thirty-five years) on the aforesaid cut-off date 01st August 2023
- The upper age limit is relaxed in the following cases. The candidates lying in these categories can avail for age relaxation.
- SC/ST – Upto 5 years
- Other backward class – Upto 3 years
- Domicile of Jammu and Kashmir – Upto 5 years
- Defence service personnel disabled in operations – Upto 3 years
- ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered at least
- 5 years Military Service – Upto 5 years
- ECOs/SSCOs who have completed an initial period of assignment of 5 years Military Service – Upto 5 years
- In the case of disability – Upto 10 years
- Candidate must be the holder of an MBBS degree from an MCI recognized university in India.
- Candidates appearing in the final year of the MBBS exam are also fit to apply.
- Candidate about to complete with the compulsory rotating internship can also go for Combined Medical & Services Exam but will be appointed only after the completion of the internship
Physical & Medical Standards
- Candidates must be physically and medically fit according to the physical/medical standards for the Combined Medical Services Exam 2023 as per regulations contained in Appendix III to the Rules of the Exam.
- Eligible Candidates can apply through the official website www.upsconline.nic
- Complete the online form with all the details comprises Part-I and Part-II like stages. Go through the instructions before filling the form. Ensure to scan the photograph and signature not exceeding the size of 40 KB and no less than 3 KB.
Steps to follow for online application
- Here is the screenshot of the UPSC Combined Medical Service Online Application 2023
- Click the direct link to open the apply online link directly or go to the official website of UPSC.
- As the link opens, if you are already registered login with the credentials, otherwise click the part 1 registration and read the instructions.
- Click on “I agree” to proceed for the form submission.
- Now, fill the identity credentials, education qualification, and address.
- Click Continue and submit Part 1 Registration.
- Part 2 registration comprises logging in the registration ID and DOB.
- Fill all the important details like the selection of examination centre, uploading of Photograph, Signature, Photo Identity Card Document and Declaration.
- Press the “I agree” button after he finds that the information supplied by him is in order and no correction is required.
- Pay the required application fee if applicable.
- Take the Print out of the final form.
- General – Rs.200/-
- SC/ST/PH//female – Exempted from fee payment
- Selection will be made through Written Examination, Personality Test, Document Verification and Medical Examination.
UPSC CMS 2023 Exam Pattern
- Admission to UPSC CMS is done by qualifying 2 stage procedures: Part I and Part II.
Part-I Written Examination (500 marks)
- The candidates will take the written examination in two Papers, each Paper carrying a maximum of 250 marks. Each Paper will be of two hours duration.
- Both the Papers of the CMSE will be of MBBS standard.
- One-third of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as a penalty.
- The question paper will be set only in English
- Paper I
- Paper I – Marks 250
- General Medicine – 96 questions
- Pediatrics – 24 question
- Total Questions – 120
- Paper II
- Paper-II – Max. Marks 250
- Surgery – 40 questions
- Gynaecology & Obstetrics – 40 questions
- Preventive & Social Medicine – 40 questions
- Total Questions – 120
- The syllabus for the UPSC Paper I and Paper II available on the official website.
Part-II Personality Test (100 Marks)
- Personality test carrying 100 marks of such candidates who qualify on the results of the Computer based exam.
- Agartala; Dharwad; Dispur; Aizawl; Bengaluru; Hyderabad; Imphal; Bhopal; Chandigarh; Jaipur; Jammu; Cuttack; Dehradun; Kochi; Kohima; Kolkata; Lucknow; Shillong; Shimla; Mumbai; Nagpur; Thiruvananthapuram; Tirupati; Patna; Port Blair; Visakhapatnam; Raipur; Ranchi; Ahmedabad; Gangtok; Bareilly; Itanagar; Chennai; Jorhat; Delhi; Sambalpur; Madurai; Madurai; Srinagar; Panaji (Goa); Udaipur; Prayagraj (Allahabad)
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website