UPSC released Notification for Combined Defence Services Examination (CDS Exam II) 2022, Apply for 339 Vacancies
CDS Exam 2022 – Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) will be releasing the notification for the Combined Defence Services Examination II (CDS Exam II) 2022. UPSC CDS Exam is held for recruiting candidates for the course conducted by Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officers Training Academy.
Eligible and interested candidates can submit their UPSC CDS 2 Online Application from 18th May to 07th June 2022 on its online website i.e. upsconline.nic.in.
UPSC CDS II Exam 2022
- Indian Military Academy, Dehradun – 100
- Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala – 22
- Air Force Academy, Hyderabad – 32
- Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai (Madras) SSC Men – 169
- Officers Training Academy, Chennai SSC Women – 16
- Total Vacancies – 339 Posts
CDS II Exam 2022 Important Dates
- CDS 2022 Notification Release Date: 18th May 2022
- Online Registration Start Date: 18th May 2022
- Online Registration End Date: 07th June 2022 [06.00 PM]
- Online Application Withdrawn: 14th to 20th June 2022
- CDS Admit Card Release Date: August 2022
- CDS Exam Date 2022: 04th September 2022
- CDS Answer Key (Unofficial): 04th September 2022
- CDS Answer Key (Official): October 2022
- CDS Result 2022: October 2022
CDS II 2022 Exam Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates are advised to check the eligibility criteria before applying for the CDS II 2022 exam. Candidates should fulfill the eligibility criteria of the UPSC CDS exam at the following levels:
- The candidate must be a citizen of India or
- A subject of Bhutan or Nepal or
- A Tibetan refugee who came here to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention to settle down here permanently or
- An Indian origin person migrated from Burma, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, and East African Countries viz. Uganda, Kenya, Zambia, Zaire, Malawi, Ethiopia, the United Republic of Tanzania, and Vietnam with the intention to settle down here permanently.
- Candidates must submit the certificate of eligibility in case of point No. (ii) to (iv).
- For IMA: Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd July, 1999 and not later than 1st July, 2004 only are eligible.
- For Indian Naval Academy: Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd July, 1999 and not later than 1st July, 2004 only are eligible.
- For Air Force Academy: 20 to 24 years as on 1st July, 2023 i.e. born not earlier than 2nd July, 1999 and not later than 1st July, 2003 (Upper age limit for candidates holding valid and current Commercial Pilot License issued by DGCA (India) is relaxable upto 26 yrs. i.e. born not
- For Officers’ Training Academy- (SSC Women Non-Technical Course): Unmarried women, issueless widows who have not remarried and issueless divorcees (in possession of divorce documents) who have not remarried are eligible. They should have been born not earlier than 2nd July, 1998 and not later than 1st July, 2004.
- Check the educational qualification requirement of UPSC CDS II 2022 exam for different job posts from the table below.
- For IMA & Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai: Degree of a recognised University or equivalent
- For Indian Naval Academy: Degree in Engineering from a recognised University/Institution
- For Air Force Academy: Degree of a recognised University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering
- Graduates with first choice as Army/Navy/Air Force are to submit proof of Graduation/provisional certificates on the date of commencement of the SSB Interview at the SSB.
Physical Standards (CDS Eligibility)
- Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to Combined Defence Services Exam (II), 2022 as per guidelines are given in Appendix-IV.
How to Apply for CDS II Exam 2022 – Application Process
- Candidates can apply online through official website www.upsconline.nic.in from 18th May to 07th June 2022 by following steps:
- Go to the official website of UPSC upsc.gov.in
- Click on the link “Exam Notification – Combined Defence Services Exam (II), 2022” in What’s New section
- Now, go to “Click Here”
- A new window will open where you need click on “Click Here for PART I” followed by “Click Here for Part 2: for registration
- Enter personal details and detail of any Photo ID Proof – Aadhaar Card/Voter Card/PAN Card/Passport/Driving License/Any other Photo ID Card issued by the State/Central Government
- Upload a scanned copy of the same Photo ID, Photograph & Signature
- Select your examination center
- Add Payment details and accept Declaration
- Print a copy of the application form for future use
- Information in this regard can also be obtained from the Facilitation Counter located in the Commission’s Office either in person or over telephone 011-2338527/011 23381125/011, 23098543
- General/ OBC: Rs 200 (No Fee for female/ SC/ ST candidates)
- Payment Mode: By depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of SBI
- Candidates will be provided admission to INA, IMA, Air Force Academy, and Officers’ Training Academy through Written Exam, Personality Test and Interview.
- Candidates will be placed in the order of merit on the basis of the total marks secured by them in the written exam and in the SSB tests
CDS II 2022 Exam Pattern
- Written Examination
- Intelligence & Personality Interview
a) For Admission to IMA, INA and Air Force Academy:
|1. English||11||2 Hours||100|
|2. General Knowledge||12||2 Hours||100|
|3. Elementary Mathematics||13||2 Hours||100|
|Total||300 Maximum Marks|
b) For Admission to Officers’ Training Academy
|1. English||11||2 Hours||100|
|2. General Knowledge||12||2 Hours||100|
|Total||200 Maximum Marks|
- The commission will release the admit card in the month of August 2022 on its website. No admit card will be sent by post.
- The result will also be uploaded on the official website in the month of October or November 2022 in a PDF format on upsc.gov.in.
- The maximum marks allotted to the written examination and to the interviews will be equal for each course i.e. the maximum marks allotted to the written examination and to the interviews will be 300, 300, 300 and 200 each for admission to the Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officers’ Training Academy respectively.
CDS II Exam 2022 Syllabus
- General Knowledge
- Elementary Math
- Captain (Level 10 B) – 6,13,00-1,93,900
- Lieutenant (Level 10) – 56,100 – 1,77,500
- Lieutenant Colonel (Level 12A ) – 1,21,200 – 2,12400
- Major (Level 11) – 6,94,00 – 2,07,200
- Brigadier (Level 13A ) – 1,39,600-2,17,600
- Colonel Level 13 – 1,30,600-2, 15, 900
- Lieutenant General HAG Scale (Level 15) – 1, 82, 200-2,24,100
- Major General (Level 14) – 1,44,200-2,18,200
- VCOAS/Army Cdr/Lieutenant General (NFSG) (Level 17) – 2,25,000/-(fixed)
- HAG + Scale (Level 16) – 2,05,400 – 2,24,400
- COAS (Level 18) – 2,50,000/-(fixed)
- MSP to the officers from the rank of Lieutenant to Brigadier – Rs 15.500 p.m. fixed
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website