Orissa University of Agriculture and Technology (OUAT) came in to existence as the second Agricultural University, on 24th August, 1962 through an act passed by the Orissa Legislative Assembly. Under the USAID programme, OUAT developed linkages with the University of Missouri and Mississipi, a Land Grant University of the US, to strengthen its teaching, research and extension programmes
- The University came into operation from 1st February, 1963.
- The University started a College of Basic Science and Humanities in 1964
The College of Agriculture Engineering and Technology came up in the year 1966.
In 1981, another College of Agriculture was started at Chiplima.
In February, 1963, the State owned Agricultural Research Station at Bhubaneswar was transferred to OUAT.
In 1978, four Regional Research Stations were established under the "Orissa Agriculture Development Project (OADP) with World Bank funding at Bhubaneswar, Chiplima,
- From 1983 to 1995, the University research capability was further strengthened through implementation of the National Agriculture Research Project (NARP).
Under Graduate Courses
2. B.Sc (Forestry)
3. B. Sc. (Horticulture)
4. B.V.Sc & A.H.
5. B. Tech. (Ag. Engg)
Post Graduate Courses
- M.Sc. (MicroBiology)
- M.Sc. (Bioinformatics)
Distance Education Programme
Distance Education Programme provides agricultural education to the literate farmers, farm women, school dropouts and unemployed youth for empowering them so as to go for self-employment. So far 13527 farmers have been enrolled in ten different courses such as paddy cultivation, vegetable cultivation, fruits cultivation, betelvine cultivation, groundnut cultivation, pisciculture, dairy farming, honey bee keeping, poultry rearing and mushroom cultivation. Latest technologies and skills are communicated to them through postal correspondence. There are about 721 certificate holders through distance education. They have assumed the role of key communicators on agricultural innovations in the villages. Twenty-one rural drop-outs and neo-literates have been self-employed through distance education and they have been able to get loan from the banks, using the certificates issued to them.
There will be a COMMON ENTRANCE EXAMINATION for selection of the candidates for admission into B.Sc.(Ag), B.Sc., (Forestry), B. Sc. (Horticulture), B.F.Sc., B.V.Sc. & A.H., and B. Tech. (Ag. Engg.). The candidates for admission will be selected solely on the basis of Merit (Weighted Score) which is based on his/her academic career performance, Entrance Examination and Extra curricular activities. If two or more candidates secure the same computed score, the tie shall be resolved and their merit positions will be decided on the basis of higher marks in the Entrance Test or +2
Science/equivalent or HSC/equivalent in that order.
Common Entrance Examination
The Entrance Examination will be an objective test for 200 marks in two hours
duration and the medium of examination will be in English. The subjects of
examination and marks distribution are indicated below.
Total — 200
Weightage to Academic Career and Entrance Examination:
Weighted score of candidates will be calculated on the basis of his/her
academic career and entrance test as given below:
a) H.S.C. / equivalent — 25%
b) +2 Sc. /equivalent — 25%
c) Entrance Examination — 50%*
Total — 100%
*i.e. ¼ of the total mark secured in the Entrance Examination.
List Of Constituent Colleges And Number Of Departments
- College of Agriculture, Bhubaneswar
- College of Agriculture, Chiplima
- College of Horticulture, Chiplima
- College of Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry
- College of Agricultural Engineering & Technology
- College of Fisheries, Rangeilunda
- College of Basic Science & Humanities
- College of Home Science
Center for Post-Graduate Studies
- Department of MCA
- Department of Bioinformatics
- Department of Microbiology
Krishi Vigyan Kendras Operating Under Ouat
- Krishi Vigyan Kendra, Keonjhar, Keonjhar
- Krishi Vigyan Kendra, Koraput, Semiliguda
- Krishi Vigyan Kendra, Balasore, Baliapal
- Krishi Vigyan Kendra, Ganjam, Bhanjanagar
- Krishi Vigyan Kendra, Baragarh, Gambharipalli
- Krishi Vigyan Kendra, Kandhamal, G. Udayagiri
- Krishi Vigyan Kendra, Kalahandi, Bhawanipatna
- Krishi Vigyan Kendra, Kendrapara, Kendrapara
- Krishi Vigyan Kendra, Dhenkanal, Mahisapat
- Krishi Vigyan Kendra, Angul, Angul
- Krishi Vigyan Kendra, Jajpur, Barachana
- Krishi Vigyan Kendra, Sundergarh, Kirei
- Krishi Vigyan Kendra, Bhadrak, Ranital
- Krishi Vigyan Kendra, Nawarangapur, Umerkote
- Krishi Vigyan Kendra, Nayagarh, Nayagarh
- Krishi Vigyan Kendra, Sambalpur, Chiplima
- Krishi Vigyan Kendra, Nuapada, Nuapada
- Krishi Vigyan Kendra, Rayagada, Gunupur
- Krishi Vigyan Kendra, Jagatsinghpur, Tirtol
- Krishi Vigyan Kendra, Gajapati, R. Udayagiri
- Krishi Vigyan Kendra, Boudh, Boudh
- Krishi Vigyan Kendra, Sonepur, Sonepur
- Krishi Vigyan Kendra, Deogarh, Deogarh
- Krishi Vigyan Kendra, Mayurbhanja, Mayurbhanja
- Krishi Vigyan Kendra, Jharsuguda, Jharsuguda
- Krishi Vigyan Kendra, Puri, Kakatpur
- Krishi Vigyan Kendra, Malkangiri, Malkangiri
Orissa University of Agriculture and Technology
(Professional – Agriculture University)
Bhubaneswar 751 003
VC: Dr D P Roy
Reg: Shri D Shatapathy