Motilal Nehru National Institute Of Technology, Allahabad was formerly Motilal Nehru Regional Engineering College, Allahabad . It is an institute with total commitment to quality and excellence in academic pursuits, is among one of the leading institutes in INDIA and was established in year 1961 as a joint enterprise of Govt. of India and Govt. of U.P. in accordance with the scheme of establishment of REC. However with effect from June 26th of 2002 the college became deemed university and is now known as Motilal Nehru National Institute of technology.
The foundation stone of the college was laid by the first Prime Minister of India, Pt. Jawahar Lal Nehru on the 3rd of may, 1961 on a site spreading over 222 acres on the banks of the river Ganga. The main building of college was inaugurated by another illustrious son of India, Prime Minister Sri Lal Bahadur Shastri on 18th of April, 1965.
I. BACHELOR OF TECHNOLOGY DEGREE COURSES (4 years/ 8 semesters)
(Click on the course to view detailed course structure)
2. Chemical Engineering
3. Civil Engineering
4. Computer Science & Engineering
5. Electrical Engineering
6. Electronics & Communication Engineering
7. Information Technology
8. Mechanical Engineering
9. Production & Industrial Engineering
II. MASTER OF TECHNOLOGY DEGREE COURSES
A. Applied Mechanics Department
1. M.Tech. Applied Mechanics.
2. M.Tech. Fluids Engineering.
3. M.Tech. Material Science and Engineering.
4. M.Tech. Water Resources Management.
B. Civil Engineering Department
1. M.Tech. Environmental Engineering
2. M.Tech. Environmental Geo-Technical Engineering
3. M.Tech. Geo-Technical Engineering
4. M.Tech. Structural Engineering
C. Computer Science and Engineering Department
1. M.Tech. Computer Science and Engineering
2. M.Tech. Information Security
3. M.Tech. Software Engineering
D. Electrical Engineering Department
1. M.Tech. Control & Instrumentation/Power Systems
2. M.Tech. Power Electronics & AISC Design
E. Electronics & Communication Engineering Department
1. M.Tech. Digital Systems
2. M.Tech. Microelectronics & VLSI Design
F. GIS Cell
1. M.Tech. GIS and Remote Sensing
G. Mechanical Engineering Department
1. M.Tech. Computer Aided Design and Manufacturing
2. M.Tech. Design of Process Machines
3. M.Tech. Product Design & Development
4. M.Tech. Production Engineering
III. MASTER OF COMPUTER APPLICATIONS (3 years/6 Semesters)
IV. MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION ( 2 years/4 Semesters)
The Department offers two year full-time Master of Business Administration Degree (MBA) offering dual specializations. The program has been especially designed to give students the knowledge and core skills, such as problem solving, team work and leadership. The Department offers six major areas of specializations in Management
3. Human Resource
5. Productions and Operations
6. Engineering Management .
Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Mathematics and Scientific Computing
RESEARCH AND QIP
All the Department offer doctoral programs. Teacher from other institutions also come here to do their M.Tech. and Ph.D. in various Department, under QIP scheme.
In Addition to regular academic programs, the college organizes seminars, conferences, symposia and also extends expert consultancy to industries and institutions.
The college also offers M.Tech. courses in the evenings on part time basis for the duration of five semesters.
The institute offers the following subsidiary programs, which can be chosen from the left menu.
• Industrial Estate
• Nodal Centre
• Research & Consultancy Cell
• Training Programs
• Sequential M.Tech
• Quality Improvement Cell
The admissions to the undergraduate programme (B.Tech.) in various fields are held through All India Engineering Entrance Examination (A.I.E.E.E) conducted by C.B.S.E.
The candidates who have passed 10+2 or an equivalent examination are eligible to apply. Those appearing in 10+2 are also eligible to apply. Applicants are required to appear in A.I.E.E.E. A merit list is prepared on the basis of their performance in A.I.E.E.E. and seats are allotted according to their rank. Seats are reserved as per the rules.
Master of Computer Applications
This program is offered by Department of Computer Science and Engineering. Admission to MCA programme of MNNIT will be made on the basis of result of NIMCET (NIT MCA Common Entrance Test).
Eligibility In addition to eligibility requirements of NIMCET the eligibility given below shall be followed for admission to MNNIT, Allahabad:
- The candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree in Science or equivalent degree with Maths/Computer Science as one of the subjects in BSc.
- Candidates having an aggregate of 60% marks in graduation are eligible to apply for admission to MNNIT.
Master of Technology
The Master of Technology program is offered by all the Engineering Departments. The M.Tech. programme is of four semester duration first and second semesters are entirely coursework oriented, The third and fourth semester involves THESIS work.
In general, admission is given in the following three categories :
- Admission to students who qualify through GATE ( For M.Tech. in Comp. Sc., and M.Tech. Software Engg. there will be an additional entrance test).
- Admissions to college teachers through the Quality improvement programme.
- Admissions to candidates serving in the Industry, sponsored by their employers.
Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Mathematics and Scientific Computing
This program is offered by the Department of Mathematics. Admission to M.Sc. programme of MNNIT will be made on the basis of result of entrance test organized by the department.
There are 17 seats at present. Seats are reserved for SC, ST and Physically handicapped as per MHRD, Government of India guidelines.
Eligibility Requirement for Admission to M.Sc.
- The candidates having an aggregate of 60% marks or equivalent grade in a Bachelor’s degree in Science (B.Sc.) or equivalent degree with Mathematics as one of the subjects.
For course details log on : https://www.mnnit.ac.in/departments/math/course.htm
Candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology/Science OR an equivalent degree with Maths/Economics as one of the subjects in qualifying examination. Candidates appearing in their final year of Bachelor’s degree may also apply.
Candidates applying for MBA are required to appear in CAT-2006 and apply separately for MBA. The Application Form may be downloaded after declaration of results of CAT-2006. The photocopy of down-loaded form is acceptable. Form can also be procured from the Institute by sending a self addressed stamped envelope.
The short-listed candidates shall be called for Group Discussion and Personal Interview at MNNIT, Allahabad. First List of Candidates called for Group Discussion and Personal Interview will be displayed on the Institute Website on Monday, March 12, 2007. Tentative date for Second List is March 20, 2007.
Motilal Nehru National Institute Of Technology-Allahabad
Phone: 0532–2545334, 2271550-54 (direct)
Fax: 0532–2545334, 2545341,2545677