Education and research in science are the foundation of knowledge supremacy, economic prosperity and good health. Taking advantage of latest technological innovations to usher in an era of advanced scientific learning in the country is the primary goal of Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER). Five IISERs have been established by the Government of India at Bhopal, Kolkata, Mohali, Pune and Thiruvananthapuram.
Each IISER is an autonomous institution conducting its own Masters and Doctoral programmes. Students are encouraged to work on research projects during the vacation periods in the first four years of their Masters programme in various research institutes outside IISER.
5-Year Integrated Masters (M.S.) Programme
Admission to 5-Year Integrated Masters (M.S.) Programme
Applications are invited for admission to the 5-Year Integrated Masters (M.S.) Programme at IISERs for the academic session 2009-10. Applications are to be submitted online as per the instructions provided on this website. Apply Online between March 6 and April 3, 2009 (for KVPY sream) or between May 30 and June 19, 2009 (for IIT JEE stream). by clicking link given above.
Students joining IISERs in 5-year Integrated MS degree programme will be awarded INSPIRE/KVPY scholarship of Rs. 5000/- per month
- Passed 10 + 2 or its equivalent examination: passed in 2008 or appearing in 2009 and
- have also qualified in one of the following examinations:
- Kishore Vaigyanic Protsahan Yojna (KVPY) SX (2009), SB (2008), SA (2007) and SP streams.
- IIT JEE-2009 merit list or extended merit list.
Availability of Seats and Reservations
- Each IISER will be admitting about 100 candidates. The percentage of seats reserved for different categories as per the Government of India norms are:
- 15% for Scheduled Class (SC) category.
- 7.5% for Scheduled Tribes (ST ) category.
- Up to 27% for eligible Other Backward Classes (OBC) category (non-creamy layer)
- Remaining seats are available for General category
- Up to 3% for Physically Disabled (PD) candidates in all the four categories (General, OBC, SC and ST)
Counseling for the admission will be held on May 6, 2009 for KVPY stream applicants and on July 2, 2009 for IIT JEE 2009 applicants simultaneously and concurrently at all IISERs. A non-refundable counseling fee of Rs. 1000 will be charged at the time of counseling. This amount will be adjusted against the tuition fee for selected candidates at the time of admission.
The list of the selected candidates will be announced after counseling is completed at all IISERs. Selected candidates should deposit full admission fees within 15 days of issue of the offer letter, failing which the offer will be withdrawn.
- Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research Bhopal
- Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research Kolkata
- Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research Mohali
- Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research Pune
- Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram
ITI (Gas Rahat) Building,
Bhopal – 462023
Prof. S.K. Dogra
IIT Kharagpur Extension Centre,
Block-HC, Sector-III, Salt Lake City,
Kolkata – 700106,
033 – 64513294
Prof. Swapan Datta
Chandigarh – 160019
0172 – 2791025-28
Prof. R. Kapoor
0172 – 2791025
Central Tower, Sai Trinity
Garware Circle, Sutarwadi
Pashan Pune 411021
020 – 25908001
Prof. A. A. Natu
020 – 25908052
Thiruvananthapuram – 695016
0471 – 2112836
Prof. M. S. Gopinathan
0471 – 2597428