The Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST), which is declared as Deemed to be University under Section 3 of the UGC Act 1956, was set up under Department of Space, Goverment of India, and offers undergraduates B Tech programme in Avionics, Aerospace Engineering and five year integrated masters in Applied Sciences. IIST also offers post graduate and doctoral programmes to meet the requirements of Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO).
During the academic year 2007-08, the institute has started functioning with Undergraduate programme in Technology with specialization in Avionics and Aerospace Engineering and Integrated Masters in Applied Science with specialization in Astronomy/Astrophysics, Material Science, Remote Sensing and Atmospheric & Oceanographic Sciences.
- Four year Under Graduate course (B.Tech) in Space Technology with specialization in Avionics and Aerospace Engineering
- An Integrated Masters programme (M.Sc) in Applied Science with specialized learning in the areas of Astronomy & Astrophysics, Atmospheric Science, Material Science, Remote Sensing & GIS, Macromolecular Science and Technology, Electrochemical Systems and Propellants, Applied Mathematics etc.
- Masters programme (M.Tech) in specialized areas of Space Technology such as Softcomputing, RF and Microwave Communications, Applied and Adaptive Optics etc.
- Doctoral programmes (Ph.D) in Space Science and Technology.
- Post-Doctoral positions, in close association with ISRO, in specialized areas to carry out high-end research.
The admission to IIST for B.Tech in Avionics, Aerospace and Physical Sciences will be based on Personal Counselling on July 20th & 21st, 2009 between 9.00am to 8.00pm at Thiruvananthapuram.
Activities on Counselling Days:
1. Verification of X marks card for age proof.
2. Verification of Original XII marks card for successful completion of XII
standard and other required testimonials in support of the claim of the candidate.
3. Seat selection by the candidate.
4. Submission of original records X marks card, XII marks card, Transfer Certificate,
Conduct Certificate and Migration Certificate.
5. Issue of seat selection certificate and Admit card.
Execution of bond and admission will be on August 24th – 25th, 2009 at IIST Thiruvananthapuram.
Candidates placed in the Regular and Extended Merit List of IIT-JEE 2009 are eligible to register their names online during the period 4th June to 26th June 2009.
Based on the online registration and in the order of merit, a combined list of students from the Regular Merit List and Extended List will be generated. Those who have opted for any programme in any of the IITs or the affiliated instistutions like IT BHU Varanasi, ISMU Dhanbad, etc will not be included in the IIST Merit List. Extant Reservation Policy of the Govt. as applicable to Instistutions of Higher Learning will be followed.
Allocation of seats will be based on Personal Counselling to be held on 20th & 21st July 2009 at Thiruvananthapuram.
Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST)
( Deemed to be University)
Name Designation Phone Email
B. N. Suresh Director 2564161, 2564157 firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
R. Krishnan Dean (Academic) 2564158 firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
V. Adimurthy Dean (Research) 2565714 firstname.lastname@example.org