Formerly known as the B.S. Abdur Rahman Crescent Engineering College, this institution has had a long history and reputation of being one of the finest colleges in India to impart technical education. The institutions credo of emphasis on high grade research and state of the art infrastructure in the campus has lead to it being one of the few institutions in the country, all of whose courses approved by the AICTE and accredited by the National Board of Accreditation.
The original college, which was set up under section 3 of the UGC Act 1956, was later elevated to university level and renamed the B.S. Abdur Rahman University. Located on the outskirts of Chennai, the institute is easily accessible by public transport. It also boasts of an excellent placement record, with opportunities ranging in from MNC’s and educational institutions to entrepreneurship.
1. B.TECH. PROGRAMMES
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Instrumentation & Control Engineering
- Polymer Technology
- Information Technology
2. M.E. STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING
3. M.E. CAD
4. M.E. CIM
5. Research & Consultancy Works
• Thermal analysis
• Non-traditional optimization techniques
• Metal cutting
• Wear Measurement
• Solidification in Casting
• Alternate Fuel
• Hydro Forming
• Surface Coating
• Surface Roughness Measurement
• Influence of Tools Nose Radius
• Image Processing
8. Ph.D degree in various fields of Mathematics.
Active research is being carried out in the areas of
- Geometrical function theory
- Physiological fluid dynamics
- Stochastic processes
- Graph theory
- Fixed point theory
- Formal Languages and Automata theory
9. M.S. (By research)
10. M.Sc. (Applied Mathematics)
11. M.Tech. (Industrial Mathematics)
12. M.Tech.(Operation Research and System Engineering) in joint venture with CSE department.
13. MS (by Research), and a three-year degree programme leading to PhD.Chemistry
14. PhDs are also available part-time.-Chemistry
16. Business English Certificate:
B. Tech/ B. Arch programmes:
For admission into its B. Tech/ B. Arch courses, the university holds an annual entrance test, the BSAUEEE. Interested candidates must have secured a minimum of 50% aggregate in Mathematics / Biology, Physics and Chemistry in the qualifying examination.
Separate entrance exams are held by the various departments for admissions into the various M. Tech programmes. Additionally, scores obtained in entrance exams of other Central Universities can also be considered for admissions.
Admissions to the MBA programs are determined by the percentile score achieved by the candidate in either the B.S. Abdur Rahman University Aptitude Test (BSAUAT) or other nationally recognized entrance tests such as MAT, CAT etc.
B.S. Abdur Rahman University
Seethakathi Estate, Vandalur