AMET University – Overview
Located on the beautiful shore of Bay of Bengal at Kanathur, AMET University is one of the top universities in Asia offering maritime and marine related undergraduate and postgraduate programs.
The university is located just an hour’s driving distance from the Chennai city. All programs and curriculums offered by AMET University are semester-based and it is currently accommodating approximately 3,529 students from all over India and abroad.
State-of-the-art infrastructure alongside a highly qualified and dedicated faculty collectively makes AMET one of the most popular educational institutes for aspirants of higher education.
Apart from undergraduate and postgraduate programs, the university also offers a diverse range of other programs related to maritime and marine studies. These include vocational certificates at many levels as well as diplomas.
And it’s not only the higher standards of infrastructure and faculty that make AMET a hot-spot for maritime and marine related courses, but the university also has a pretty impressive track record in terms of placement.
AMET was awarded the status of a deemed university on August 21, 2007.
Courses Offered by AMET University
- 3 Year B.Sc. Nautical Science (DGS Approved)
- 4 Year B.E. Marine Engineering (DGS Approved)
- 1 Year Graduate in Mechanical Engineering (DGS Approved)
- 4 year B.E. Naval Architecture and Offshore Engineering
- 4 Year B.E Petroleum and off-shore Engineering
- 4 Year B.E. Harbour Engineering & Offshore Technology
- 4 Year B.E. Electrical & Electronics Engineering – Marine
- 4 Year B.E Electronics and Communication Engineering – Marine
- 4 Year B.E Applied Marine Information Technology and Communitcation
- 3 Year B.B.M. Shipping
P.G. Courses in AMET University
- 2 Year M.B.A. Shipping & Logistics Management
- 2 Year MBA Shipping Finance
- 2 Year MBA Marine Human Resource Management(Manning)
- 2 Year MBA Cruise Ship Hospitality Management
- 2 Year MSc Marine Biotechnology
- 2 Year M. Sc Fleet Operations Management
- 2 Year M. Tech Marine Engineering Management
Courses Awaiting Approval from UGC
- M.B.A Power Management
- M.B.A Infrastructure Management
- M..B.A Banking & Insurance
- M.B.A Retail Management
- M.B.A International Business Management
Diploma Courses offered by AMET Uiversity
- Courses below are approved by Maritime and Coastguard Agency, Govt. of U.K
- Higher National Diploma in Marine Engineering (In collaboration with University of Glasgow, U.K)
- Higher National Diploma in Marine Engineering (In collaboration with South Tyneside College, U.K)
- Higher National Diploma in Nautical Science (In collaboration with University of Glasgow, U.K)
- Higher National Diploma in Nautical Science (In collaboration with South Tyneside College, U.K)
- STCW Course
- Marine Electrical & Electronic Officer Course
AMIT University Admission Process
Admission in all AMET University programs is generally conducted on the basis of individual candidates’ performance in a specialized admission test. In the event no admission test is held, individual candidates’ aggregate total score in the qualifying exam and the total marks obtained by them in the eligibility subjects will be the primary criteria for awarding admission rights.
For detailed information on the admission policy of AMET University, Kanathus, please visit the official AMET
Toll Free Number for Admission Inquiry: 1800-108-3030
AMET Univ. Address
Academy of Maritime Education and Training
135, East Coast Road,
Kanathur – 603112, India
Tel : 91 – 44 – 27472155 / 27472904 / 27472905 / 27472157
Fax : 91 – 44 – 27472804
5107, H2, II Avenue, Anna Nagar
Chennai – 600 040
Tel : 044 – 26161438 / 26161180
Fax : 044 – 26162827