Guru Jambheshwar University of Science and Technology Hisar
The Guru Jambheshwar University of Science & Technology, Hisar, was established on October 20,1995 by an Act of the Legislature of the State of Haryana It was formally inaugurated on November 1, 1995. It is named after Guru Jambheshwar Ji Maharaj, a saint environmentalist of 15th century. Keeping in view the nature of courses offered at the university and the mandate for which it had been established the name of the university has been changed as Guru Jambheshwar university of Science & Technology.
The University enjoys a rare distinction of getting recognized by the University Grants Commission under Section 2(f) for recognition of degrees, on 11.1.1996 and, under section 12(B) of the UGC Act to be eligible for central assistance on 7.2.1997, i.e., within 15 months of its coming into being. The University opted for accreditation by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), an autonomous organization of the University Grants Commission, in 2001-02. As a result of the exercise, the NAAC accredited this University at "A" level (institutional score 85%) among the Universities for a period of five-years beginning 2002-03.
A. Post Graduate Courses
1. M.Tech. (Computer Science and Engineering)
2. M.Tech. (Environmental Science & Engineering)
3. M.Tech. (VLSI Design & Embedded Systems)
4. M.Tech. (Integrated Product Design and Manufacturing)
5. M.Tech. (Print & Graphic Communication)
6. M.Tech. (Nano Science and Technology)
7. M.Tech. (Optical Engineering)
8. M.Tech. (Food Engineering)
9. M.Pharm (Pharmaceutical Chemistry)
10. M.Pharm (Pharmaceutics)
11. M.Pharm (Pharmacology)
12. M.Pharm (Pharmacognosy)
13. Master of Physiotherapy (M.P.Th.)
(i) Musculoskeletal Disorders
(ii) Sports Physiotherapy
14. Master of Computer Applications
15. M.Sc. (Applied Psychology)
16. M.Sc. (Biotechnology)
17. M.Sc. (Chemistry)
18. M.Sc. (Environmental Sciences)
19. M.Sc. (Food Technology)
20. M.Sc. (Mass Communication)
21. M.Sc. (Advertising Management and Public Relations)
22. M.Sc. (Mathematics)
23. M.Sc. (Physics)
B. Haryana School of Business
Master of Business Administration
C. Under Graduate Courses
1. Bachelor of Pharmacy
2. Bachelor of Physiotherapy
3. B.Tech. (Biomedical Engineering)
4. B.Tech. (Computer Science & Engineering)
5. B.Tech. (Electronics & Communication Engineering)
6. B.Tech. (Information Technology)
7. B.Tech. (Mechanical Engineering)
8. B.Tech. (Printing Technology)
9. B.Tech. (Food Engineering)
10. B.Tech. (Packaging Technology)
Distance Courses Offered
In addition to the regular courses on the campus, the University offers the following
courses through distance mode:-
Post Graduate Courses
1. M.A. Mass Communication
2. Master of Computer Applications (MCA)
3. Master of Insurance Business (MIB)
4. M.Sc. (Computer Science)
5. Master of Business Administration (MBA)
6. Master of Computer Applications (5–Year integrated course)
7. Master of Commerce (M.Com.).
P.G. Diploma Courses
8. P.G. Diploma in Computer Applications (PGDCA)
9. P.G. Diploma in Taxation (PGDT)
10. P.G. Diploma in Environmental Management (PGDEM)
11. P.G. Diploma in Advertising & Public Relations (PGDA&PR)
12. P.G. Diploma in Bakery Science and Technology (PGDBS&T)
13. P.G. Diploma in Counseling & Behaviour Modification (PGDCBM)
14. P.G. Diploma in Industrial Safety Management (PGDISM)
15. B.A. Mass Communication
16. Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
17. Bachelor of Fashion Studies (BFS)
The selection of a candidate for admission to a course will be based on merit list drawn on the basis of the score in the Entrance Test subject to fulfilling other conditions as given in the Prospectus. However, for admission to M.Tech. and M.Pharm. programmes, candidates with valid GATE score will not be required to appear in the entrance test but are required to enclose the application processing fee of Rs. 300/- (Rs. 75/- for SC/BC candidates of Haryana) with the application form.
(a) Merit lists for admission to the Ist semester of various courses except M.Tech. & M. Pharm. courses shall be prepared on the basis of marks obtained in the Entrance Test only.
(b) The entrance test will carry 180 marks.
(c) The entrance test will be of 3 hours duration and will comprise Multiple Choice (objective type) Questions with one correct answer.
(d) There will NOT be negative marking.
M.TECH.(COMPUTER SCIENCE & ENGINEERING) M.TECH.(ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE & ENGINEERING)
M.TECH. (VLSI DESIGN & EMBEDDED SYSTEMS)
M.TECH. (INTEGRATED PRODUCT DESIGN AND MANUFACTURING) M.TECH. (PRINT & GRAPHIC COMMUNICATION)
M.TECH. (NANO SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY)
M.TECH. (OPTICAL ENGINEERING)
M.TECH. (FOOD ENGINEERING ) AND
M.PHARM COURSES .
(a) For admission to M.Tech. / M.Pharm. merit list will be prepared on the basis of GATE score. Candidates with valid GATE score are exempted from appearing in the entrance test.
(b) If seats still remain vacant, merit list will be prepared on the basis of marks obtained in the entrance test conducted by the University.
M.Sc. (MASS COMMUNICATION) AND M.Sc. (ADVERTISING MANAGEMENT & PUBLIC RELATIONS)
There will be common Entrance Test for admission to M.Sc. (Mass Communication) and M.Sc. (Advertising Management & Public Relations). The students will have option to join either course based on merit of entrance test.
If two or more candidates secure identical marks in the entrance examination, their relative merit will be determined by the percentage of marks obtained by them at the qualifying or equivalent examination. In case the percentage of marks secured in qualifying or equivalent examination is also identical, the candidate older in age will be preferred.
All candidates including those with valid GATE score are required to furnish their application forms and attested copies of all relevant documents and testimonials for ascertaining their eligibility. The candidates whose names stand in the merit list will have to present themselves before the Chairperson of the Department concerned for counselling in accordance with the time and date specified along with fee and original documents. The candidates will have no right to claim admission without producing original documents and fee etc.
The application form, appended at the end of the Prospectus, duly filled in and completed in all respects alongwith requisite fee, must reach the Chairperson of the Department concerned by 26.6.2008 (upto 5.00 p.m.). The University will not be responsible for any postal/courier delay.
In case, a candidate submits his/her application or some documents in the Department he/she is required to obtain a receipt from the Department concerned specifically mentioning the particulars and the date of submission of the documents.
Haryana School of Business
Guru Jambheshwar University of Science and Technology
(Professional -Technical University)
Hisar 125 001
Tel : 01662-276192, 275533, 276025, 275241
Fax : 01662-276240 ,276025
Email : email@example.com
Website : https://www.gju.ernet.in
VC: Lt. Gen. (Dr.) D D S Sandhu PVSM (Retd.)
Registrar: Dr R S Jaglan