Dr Y S Parmar University of Horticulture & Forestry Solan
(Professional University)

Establishment

The University has its origin in erstwhile Himachal Agricultural College and Research Institute,  Solan established  in 1962 with its affiliation to Panjab University, Chandigarh. The College was raised to the status of Post-graduate College in 1965 when it introduced M.Sc.(Agriculture) programmes in some important subjects. With the establishment of Himachal Pradesh University (HPU) in 1970, its affiliation changed to HPU and thereafter it became Agriculture Complex of HPU, Shimla in July, 1971. This Agriculture Complex further became Horticulture Complex of HPU and Himacahal Pradesh Krishi Vishvavidyalaya (HPKV), Palampur in 1976 and 1978, respectively.

On December , 1985 this complex got the recognition of    Dr. Yashwant Singh Parmar University of Horticulture and Forestry, Solan named after Dr. Yashwant Singh Parmar, the architect of Himachal Pradesh and visionary of Horticulture and Forestry University for the state of Himachal Pradesh.

Courses Offered

College of Horticulture

Under Graduate Courses Horticulture

  1. B.Sc. four Year Program in Horticulture
  2. B.Sc. Five Year Program in Horticulture

Post Graduate (M.Sc.) Course in Horticulture

  1. Pomology
  2. Vegetable Crops
  3. Floriculture and Landscaping
  4. Entomology and Apiculture
  5. Plant Pathology
  6. Post-harvest Technology
  7. Fruit Breeding, Biotechnology

Ph.D. Program in Horticulture

  1.  Pomology
  2. Vegetable Crops
  3. Floriculture and Landscaping
  4. Entomology and Apiculture
  5. Plant Pathology
  6. Post-harvest Technology

    College of Forestry

    Under Graduate Courses
    B.Sc. four Year Program in Forestry

    Post Graduate Course in Forestry

    1. M.B.A in Agri-Business
    2. M.Sc. in
      • Silviculture
      • Agroforestry
      • Soil Science and Water Management
      • Forest Products
      • Tree Improvements

    Post Graduate (M.Sc.)Course in Allied Sciences

      • Agriculture Statistics
      • Agriculture Economics
      • Microbiology

    Ph.D. Program in Forestry

      • Silviculture
      • Agroforestry
      • Soil Science and Water Management
      • Forest Products
      • Tree Improvements

     Ph.D. Program in Allied Sciences
         Agriculture Economics  

    Extension Education Programs at Regional Research Stations
    Regional Research Stations throughout the state have been established in all the agro-climatic zones of the state with the mandate to carry out research and extension education  programs which are need based and location specific. These programs are designed to help the farmers/orchardists of the zone in tackling their problems on various aspects.  These stations aim at transfer of technology to the farmers, orchardists, NGOs, and personnel of development departments on fruits, vegetables, mushrooms, flowers and medicinal & aromatic plants, beekeeping, forestry, agro-forestry and allied fields. 

    Admission Process

    The admissions of students to various programs are made strictly according to the provisions of the Academic Regulations of the university and amended from time to time taking into considerations the guidelines/norms prescribed by the state Government and the Indian Council of Agriculture Research (ICAR). The admission of students to different programs are made according  to the reservation of seats to different categories. 

    DISCLAIMER

    The information on this web site for admission to various programs is of general nature for the students seeking admission in this university and is not  exhaustive. For any changes, additions, omissions or errors no matter how they are caused, the university will not be responsible for any hardship or expenses incurred by any student or any other person. The candidates are advised to refer to the latest prospectus and contact

              The  Registrar
                    Dr Y.S. Parmar University of Horticulture & Forestry,           
                    Nauni, Solan (HP), 173230

    Undergraduate  Program
    Admission to B.Sc. Horticulture (4 and 5 year) and B.Sc. Forestry (4 year) programs is done through an Objective Type Entrance Test. 85% seats in 4 year programs are reserved for domicile of Himachal Pradesh and are filled through Entrance Test conducted by the university. The remaining 15% seats are filled through nomination by ICAR on the basis of All India Entrance Test conducted by ICAR New Delhi. Over and above the intake capacity, few seats in 4 year programs are reserved for nominees of North East Council (NEC) and for NRI/NRI sponsored candidates/paid seats. In B.Sc. Horticulture 5 year program all seats are reserved for the domicile of Himachal Pradesh.

    Master's  Program
    Admission to the master's programs shall be on the basis of merit of the qualifying degree. 75% seats  are reserved for domicile of Himachal Pradesh. The remaining 25% seats are filled through nomination by ICAR on the basis of All India Entrance Test conducted by ICAR New Delhi. The Academic Council may further approve admission to master's program in respect of the in service nominees of this university/ HP State Government/Autonomous bodies/ other state government.

    M.B.A.(Agri-Business)
    Admission to the M.B.A.(Agri-Business) shall be on the basis Written Test, Group Discussion and Personal Interview. The written test will be conducted by the university which will assess the candidate's ability in verbal reasoning, quantitative reasoning, data interpretation, mathematical comprehension, English knowledge and comprehension. The weightage assigned to written test, group discussion and personal interview shall be 70%, 20% and 10% respectively. 75% seats  are reserved for domicile of Himachal Pradesh. The remaining 25% seats are open to domicile of other states.Over and above these seats few seats are available for NRI/NRI sponsored/Nominees of Industry/Paid seats.

    Doctoral Program
    Admission to the doctoral  programs shall be on the basis of merit of the qualifying degree. 75% seats  are reserved for domicile of Himachal Pradesh. The remaining 25% seats are filled on the basis of merit at National level by the University. The Academic Council may further approve admission to master's program in respect of the in service nominees of this university/ HP State Government/Autonomous bodies/ other state government.

    Affiliated colleges

    • College of Horticulture
    • College of Forestry

    Regional Station

    • RHRS, Jachh, Kangra
    • RHRS, Bajaura, Hamirpur
    • RHRS, Bajaura, Kullu
    • RHRS, Mashobra, Shimla
    • RHRS, Sharbo, Kinnaur

    Krishi Vigyan Kendras (KVKs)

    Contact

    Dr Y S Parmar University of Horticulture & Forestry
    (Professional -Forestry University)

    Nauni Distt Solan
    Himachal Pradesh 173 230

    Tel : 01792-252357, 252363, 252343, 252219, 252365
    Fax : 01792-252242/252009
    Email : vc@yspuniversity.ac.in,
    regr@ysparmaruniversity.ac.in
    Website : https://www.yspuniversity.ac.in