The Master of nursing – MSc programme prepares nurses for leadership position in nursing and other health fields who can function as specialists nurse practitioners, consultants ,educators ,administrators and investigators in a wide variety of professional setting in meeting the changing needs of the society. As the course name itself gives a hint about its future scopes, M.Sc. Nursing opens the door for nursing jobs. One can go for nursing jobs in private as well as government hospitals easily. Some private clinics and diagnostics centers also hire nurses for different reasons.
Top MSc Nursing colleges in India
At present there are more than 400 colleges offering MSc Nursing degree course in different specialties. Candidates seeking admission to M.Sc. nursing programmes can check the below list of top institutes offering the same. The Institutes listed below are not ranked in any particular order – but these are considered among the best Nursing institutions in India
- All India Institute of Medical Science, AIIMS, New Delhi
- Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, BFUHS, Faridkot
- Dr NTR University of Health Sciences, DNTRUHS, Vijayawada
- Nizams Institute of Medical Sciences, NIMS, Hyderabad
- Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, GGSIPU, New Delhi
- King George’s Medical University, KGMU, Lucknow
- Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences, SVIMS, Tirupati
- National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences, NIMHANS, Bangalore
- Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, PGIMER, Chandigarh
- Sri Balaji Vidhyapeeth University, SBVU, Puducherry
- Tata Memorial Centre, TMC, Mumbai
- Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, AIMS, Kochi
- Rajkumari Amrit Kaur College of Nursing, RAKCN, New Delhi
- LGB Regional Institute of Mental Health, LGBRIMH, Assam
- Vinayaka Missions University, Directorate of Distance Education, VMUDDE, Salem
- Master of Science in Nursing (MSc Nursing) [Specialization: 1.Medical Surgical Nursing 2.
- Christian Medical College, CMC, Vellore
- The Mother Theresa Post Graduate and Research Institute of Health Sciences, MTPGRIHS, Puducherry
- Pondicherry Institute of Medical Sciences, PIMS, Puducherry
- Bharathi Vidyapeeth University, BVU, Pune
There are many career opportunities after MSc Nursing. Nursing is in demand because of increase of hospitals and more consciousness towards the health. MSc Nursing graduates can apply for job in many hospitals for the post of Nurse. They have many chances to get into Private and government hospitals and health centres. Some of the career options after MSc Nursing are Orthopedic Nursing, Hospital Nursing, Public Health Nursing, Community Health Nursing, Military Nursing, Educators, Industrial Nursing/ Occupational, Health Nursing, Psychiatric Nursing, Pediatric Nursing.