For those of you who are appearing for the forthcoming Board Exams and Entrance Exams, here are tips that can help minimise the stress. A few tips to to help you relax and improve your concentration
● Keep your mind work-oriented instead of result-oriented. Do you work best. Have faith that whatever result you get, is the best for you.
● Long hours of static studying affects the lower body and the blood circulation. Change your position and if possible, the location as well, every now and then.
● Staying awake at night to study is actually going against the law of nature. For human beings, it is best to study actively in the daytime and follow the ‘early-to-bed-and-early-to-rise’ routine.
● Have lemon juice twice or three times a day.
● After reading for some time, close your eyes and reflect for a few minutes in silence. It will help you relax and in retaining whatever has been learn.
● Do not panic at the last minute. At that time do slow pranayama. Breathing in from the nose and breathing out from the mouth and suspending the breath for four seconds will be great help.
As Hansaji Jayadeva Yogendra of the Yoga Institute says, “Examinations actually provide a good learning opportunity. It helps in concentration.” She feels that a person should give time pressure to every act. In this manner, one will be aware of the time being spent on one activity and will find more time for other valuable things in life.
Some Yoga postures
You could choose some of the postures like Ekpadasna for concentration, Yoga mudra (top) for humility and letting go of the ego and relaxation and Bhujungasana (for strength and will power).
Check out this video for – Yoga Excercises to De-stress
– Exam Fever – Prevention Tips. Does just thinking of Exams give you jitters ?
"Exams are essential evils”. They are Necessary since till now no other alternative method has been adopted universally and Evils because most people shiver by it’s name. Come EXAMS and many hearts skip a beat, students get anxious and spend sleepless nights. Not only students many adults suffer from exam phobia. They may be excellent at their work but when asked to prove their prowess through an examination, often they falter showing their vulnerability towards exams and exam related stress. >> Read More
– Is Exam Stress killing you ? Fight it
If you are a student, there is no need for me to explain what exam stress is. Sleepless nights, troubled thoughts, loss of appetite, rapid pulse, trembling hands – these are typical manifestations of exam fear. Recent research has shown that it affects all the systems of the human body: nervous, immune, cardiovascular, etc.
Entrance Exam Preparing Students – Do you have a study plan ?
It is preparation time for those who are planning to sit for entrance tests in India. Many of you may be attending coaching classes or have started there exam preparation quite some time back. But tell me frankly – How many of you have a Study Plan ?