WBJEEB announces Presidency University Bachelor Degree Entrance Test (PUBDET) 2023 for Undergraduate Admission, Apply now
WBJEEB PUBDET 2023 – West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board (WBJEEB) will conduct OMR based common entrance test (PUBDET-2023) for admission to Undergraduate Courses in three-year B.A./B.Sc. (Honours) courses in the Presidency University for the academic session of 2023-24.
- Full Time Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) and Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) courses (Major/Honours) in the Presidency University. List of available Subjects are given below:
- Science subjects
- Life Sciences
- Humanities & Social Science subjects
- Political Science
- Performing Arts
- Online application with payment of fees 03rd January 2023 (Tuesday) to 31st January 2023 (Tuesday) 5.30 p.m.
- Online correction and downloading revised confirmation page : 02nd February 2023 (Thursday) to 04th February 23 (Saturday)
- Publication of Downloadable Admit Card : 11th May 2023 (Thursday) (tentative) to 21st May 2023 (Sunday)
- Date of Examination: 20th May 2023 (Saturday) (Tentative and may be changed in extraordinary circumstances)
- (Paper – I) 10:00 am – 11:30 am
- (Paper – II) 12:30 pm – 02:00 pm
- (Paper – III) (Paper – IV) 03:00 pm – 04:30 pm
- Date of Examination: 21st May 2023 ( Sunday)
- (Paper – V) (Paper – VI) 10:00 am – 11:30 am
- (Paper – VII) (Paper – VIII) 12:30 pm – 02:00 pm
- (Paper – IX) (Paper – X) 03:00 pm – 04:30 pm
- Publication of Results : To be notified later
- Applicants must be passed out from schools in India affiliated to the International Board in compliance with Sec. 3.2 (c)/National or State level examination Board or Council.
- Candidates must have passed (not before 2022) OR appeared (in 2023) in the Higher Secondary Examination (10+2 system) conducted by the West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education or any equivalent examination.
- Candidates must pass any of the aforementioned examinations, with at least five recognized subjects (full marks not less than 100) of which English will be one subject and excluding Compulsory Environmental Science. The aggregate is to be calculated considering scores in the best four recognized subjects excluding Compulsory Environmental Science.
- Candidates with International ‘A’ level or International Baccalaureate qualifications must have at least three subjects at the IGCSE level and three subjects at the ‘A’ level, with English in either of the two levels.
- Aggregate is to be calculated considering the best four subjects considering both the levels.
- The candidate must fulfill the minimum eligibility criteria as per the following table in his/her qualifying examination in 12th standard. SC/ST, OBC-A/OBC-B and PwD candidates will get 25%, 10% and 5% relaxation in required minimum aggregate score in 12th standard respectively.
- Application for the examination must be done online only. No printed application form is available.
- Ensure filling genuine application form available online only at www.wbjeeb.nic.in
- Candidates are requested to go through the Board’s website (www.wbjeeb.nic.in/ wbjeeb.in) regularly to update themselves for the latest information.
- Application fees Rs. 500 (Rupees five hundred only) for one paper and Rs. 250 for each additional paper, plus the Bank’s Service Charges, if applicable.
- Mode of Payment : Online through Net Banking/ Debit Card/ Credit Card/ UPI only.
Pattern of Question Papers
- In every paper, all questions will be of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) type, with four answer options.
- There will be 50 (fifty) questions in each paper with full marks 100 and the duration of the test will be 90 minutes.
- a) All questions will have four answer options.
- b) Only one option is correct.
- c) Correct response will yield 2 (two) marks.
- d) Incorrect response will yield -1/2 (25% negative) marks.
- e) For any combination of response with more than one option, the said answer will be treated as incorrect and will yield -1/2 (25% negative) marks
- f) No response will yield zero mark.
Syllabus of Test
- The tests will be based on the syllabi of 11th and 12th standard of recognised boards/councils.
- During online application, the candidate has to choose any 2 (two) of the following examination zones.
- Bankura (11) Malda (34) Cooch Behar (15) Berhampore (35) Siliguri (18) Kalyani (38) Serampore (21) Asansol (45) Howrah Maidan/ Shibpur (22) Durgapur (46) Kolkata- Central Kolkata (29) Kharagpur (48) Kolkata- Salt Lake / Newtown (31) Burdwan (50) Kolkata-South Kolkata (32) Tamluk (53)
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website