- West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board (WBJEEB) will conduct common entrance test PUBDET-2021 held on 07th July 2021 (Saturday) and 8th August 2021 (Sunday) and counselling for admission into various three-year B.A./B.Sc. (Honours) Undergraduate Courses in the Presidency University for 2021-22 academic session.
- The Board will conduct Common Entrance Examinations titled PUBDET-2020 for admission to three year B.A. /B.Sc. (Honours) Course in the Presidency University. The medium of admission tests will be English except for vernacular subjects like Hindi & Bengali.
- 3-year B.A. /B.Sc. (Honours) Course in Chemistry, Economics, Geography, Geology, Mathematics, Life Sciences, Physics, Statistics, Bengali, Sociology, English, Performing Arts, Hindi, History, Philosophy, & Political Science
PUBDET 2021 Important Dates
|Start Date of Online application form||19th March 2021|
|Last Date for submission of Online Application||Last week of April 2021|
|Online Correction and Downloading revised Confirmation Page||1st & 02nd week of May 2021|
|Downloading of Admit Card||Last week of May 2021|
|Date of Examinations||07th July 2021 & 8th August 2021|
|Publication of Results||Last week of August 2021|
Eligibility Criteria for PUBDET 2021
|Citizenship ||Applicant must be a citizen of India.|
|Age Limit||There is no upper or lower age limit.|
|Educational Qualifications :|
- Candidates who have passed (or before 2020)/appeared (in 2021) in the Higher Secondary Examination (10+2 system) conducted by the Council of Higher Secondary Education, West Bengal, or an equivalent examination are eligible to apply.
- Candidates must pass the 12th standard examination with at least five recognized subjects (full marks of each not less than 100), including English language and excluding Environmental Science. The aggregate is to be calculated considering scores in best four recognized subjects.
- Candidates with International ‘A’ level or International Baccalaureate qualifications must have at least three subjects at the IGCSE level and three subjects at the ‘A’ level, with English in either of the two levels.
- The candidates appearing in the qualifying examination may also apply.
PUBDET 2021 Application Process
- Eligible candidates can apply through the official website https://wbjeeb.in/pubdet
- Candidates are required to go through the Information Bulletin carefully before applying for the examination.
- Application for the examination must be done online only. No printed application form is available.
|Important Instructions follow for online application :|
- Ensure filling genuine application form available online at www.wbjeeb.nic.in
- It is essential to have a mobile number and a unique email ID. All future communications will be sent to the registered mobile number and email ID. WBJEEB will not be responsible for non-receipt of any communication due to the mobile number and/or the email ID being wrong/non- existing/nonfunctional/changed or due to network condition.
- Once the registration details i.e., name, father’s name, mother’s name, gender, domicile and date of birth are entered and submitted, this information cannot be changed/modified/edited under any circumstances.
- Do not attempt to make any duplicate application. Do not share your application number; password, security question/answer with anyone.
- Upload scanned copy of photograph and signature as per the instructions provided in the Information Bulletin. If any candidate receives any SMS/email regarding discrepancy in photograph/ signature, he/she must take corrective action immediately within one day. Admit cards will not be issued if these images are illegible and thus not acceptable.
- If any information other than name, father’s name, mother’s name, gender, domicile and date of birth given in the application needs to be corrected, the rectification can be done by the candidate only within the notified ‘Correction Period’. The Board cannot and will not make or allow any correction thereafter.
- The Examination Fees can be paid by Net Banking/ Debit Card/ Credit Card only. Application fee for the examination is Rs 500 (Rupees five hundred only) for General candidates and Rs 400 (Rupees four hundred only) for SC/ST/OBCA/OBC-B candidates, plus the Bank’s service charges as applicable.
|For General Candidates||Rs. 500/- (Rupees five hundred only)|
|For SC/ ST/ OBCA/ OBC-B Candidates||Rs 400/- (Rupees four hundred only)|
|Mode of Payment||Online through Net Banking/ Debit Card/ Credit Card only|
PUBDET 2021 Admit Cards
- Admit Card for the Entrance Examination shall be downloaded by the candidate himself/herself from the University website https://wbjeeb.in/pubdet
- All admissions shall be made on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in the Entrance Examination to be conducted by the University.
Schedule of PUBDET-2021
- The medium of tests will be English except for vernacular subjects like Hindi and Bengali. Any candidate can apply for maximum 2 (two) papers.
|Date || Paper/ Subject||Schedule|
|31.07.2021 (Saturday)||Physics & Political Science||10:00 am – 11:30 am|
|Geography & Hindi||12:00 pm – 01:30 pm|
|Mathematics & Philosophy / Sociology/ Performing Arts||2:00 pm – 3:30 pm|
|Geology & History||4:00 pm – 5:30 pm|
|01.08.2021 (Sunday)||Chemistry & Bengali||10:00 am – 11:30 am|
|Statistics & English||12:00 pm – 01:30 pm|
|Life Science & Economics||2:00 pm – 3:30 pm|
PUBDET 2021 Exam Pattern
|Mode of Exam||Offline mode|
|Duration||1 hours, 30 minutes|
|Type of Question||Multiple- Choice Question (MCQ) type|
|No. of Question||50 questions|
|Total Marks||100 marks|
Syllabus of Examination
- The tests will be based on the 11th and 12th standard syllabi of various recognised boards/councils.
- The examination will be conducted in various zones e.g. Kolkata Central, Kolkata–North, Kolkata–South, Howrah, Kharagpur, Berhampur, Kalyani, Bankura, Haldia, Asansol, Burdwan, Durgapur, Siliguri, Coochbehar, Srirampur.
- Any of the exam centres may be dropped if an adequate number of candidates is not available.