CDS II 2022 Exam Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates are advised to check the eligibility criteria before applying for the CDS II 2022 exam. Candidates should fulfill the eligibility criteria of the UPSC CDS exam at the following levels:
- The candidate must be a citizen of India or
- A subject of Bhutan or Nepal or
- A Tibetan refugee who came here to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention to settle down here permanently or
- An Indian origin person migrated from Burma, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, and East African Countries viz. Uganda, Kenya, Zambia, Zaire, Malawi, Ethiopia, the United Republic of Tanzania, and Vietnam with the intention to settle down here permanently.
- Candidates must submit the certificate of eligibility in case of point No. (ii) to (iv).
- For IMA: Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd July, 1999 and not later than 1st July, 2004 only are eligible.
- For Indian Naval Academy: Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd July, 1999 and not later than 1st July, 2004 only are eligible.
- For Air Force Academy: 20 to 24 years as on 1st July, 2023 i.e. born not earlier than 2nd July, 1999 and not later than 1st July, 2003 (Upper age limit for candidates holding valid and current Commercial Pilot License issued by DGCA (India) is relaxable upto 26 yrs. i.e. born not
- For Officers’ Training Academy- (SSC Women Non-Technical Course): Unmarried women, issueless widows who have not remarried and issueless divorcees (in possession of divorce documents) who have not remarried are eligible. They should have been born not earlier than 2nd July, 1998 and not later than 1st July, 2004.
- Check the educational qualification requirement of UPSC CDS II 2022 exam for different job posts from the table below.
- For IMA & Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai: Degree of a recognised University or equivalent
- For Indian Naval Academy: Degree in Engineering from a recognised University/Institution
- For Air Force Academy: Degree of a recognised University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering
- Graduates with first choice as Army/Navy/Air Force are to submit proof of Graduation/provisional certificates on the date of commencement of the SSB Interview at the SSB.
Physical Standards (CDS Eligibility)
- Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to Combined Defence Services Exam (II), 2022 as per guidelines are given in Appendix-IV.