UPSC IES and ISS Entrance Exam 2019, Eligibility, Application, Dates
UPSC Indian Economic Service / Indian Statistical Service Exam 2019
UPSC IES and ISS Entrance Exam 2019 Notification - Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released the notification for Indian Economic Service (I.E.S) / Indian Statistical Service (I.S.S.) Examination 2019. Interested and eligible candidates can apply for the positions before the deadline. The last date to apply for the positions is 16th April 2019.
Also See : UPSC IES and ISS 2019 Final Result announced
UPSC IES and ISS Exam 2019
- A Combined Competitive Examination for recruitment to Junior Time Scale of the Services mentioned in Para 2 below will be held by the UPSC commencing from 28th June 2019 in accordance with the Rules published by the Ministry of Statistics & Program Implementation in the Gazette of India dated the 20th March 2019.
- The Exam will be held at the following centres - Ahmedabad, Jaipur, Allahabad, Jammu, Bangalore, Kolkata, Bhopal, Lucknow, Chandigarh, Mumbai, Chennai, Patna, Cuttak, Shillong, Delhi, Shimla, Dispur Thiruvananthapuram, Hyderabad.
No. of Vacancies
- Services to which recruitment is to be made on the results of this exam and the approx. number of vacancies in Junior Scale of the Services are given below
- Indian Economic Service - 32 Seats
- Indian Statistical Service - 33 Seats
- 03 vacancy has been kept reserved for PwBD (Deaf & Hard of Hearing) for Indian Statistical Service and 1 vacancy has been kept reserved for PwBD (Deaf and Hard of Hearing) for the Indian Economic Service by the Govt. through IES/ISS Exam 2019.
UPSC IES ISS 2019 Exam Dates
- Application Form Issue Date: 20th March 2019
- The Online Applications can be filled upto 16th April 2019 till 18.00 Hours.
- Last Day to Withdraw Form: 23rd April 2019
- Date of availability of Admit Card: June 2019
- Date of Entrance Exam: 28th June 2019 (Friday, Duration Exam 03 Days)
- Date of Publication of Result of IES/ISS: July 2019
- Date of Interview: August 2019
- Final Result will be declared on August 2019
Eligibility Criteria for UPSC IES and ISS Entrance Exam 2019
- A candidate may compete for anyone of the Service only viz. the Indian Economic Service or the Indian Statistical Service, for which he/she is eligible in terms of the Rules
- A candidate must be either (a) a Citizen of India, (b) a subject of Nepal, (c) a subject of Bhutan, (d) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before the 01st January 1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India or; (e) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India
- Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) & (e) above shall be person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Govt. of India.
- A candidate for admission to this exam must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on 01st August 2019 i.e. he/she must have been born not earlier than 02nd August 1988 and not later than 01st August 1998.
- The upper age-limit prescribed above will be relaxable:
- Up to a maximum of 5 years if a candidate belongs to a SC/ST;
- Up to a maximum of 3 years in the case of candidate belonging to OBC who are eligible to avail of reservation applicable to such candidates;
- Up to a maximum of 5 years if a candidate has ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu and Kashmir during the period from the 01st Jan. 1980 to the 31st Dec. 1989;
- Up to a maximum of 3 years in the case of Defence Services Personnel disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country.
- Up to a maximum of 5 years in the case of ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered at least five years Military Service as on 01st August 2019.
- Up to a maximum of 10 years in the case of blind, deaf-mute and orthopedically disabled persons
- For Indian Economic Service: A candidate for the Indian Economic Service must have obtained a Post-Graduate Degree in Economics/Applied Economics/Business Economics/Econometrics from a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other Educational Institutes established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as University u/s 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 or a Foreign University approved by the Central Govt. from time to time.
- For Indian Statistical Service: A candidate for the Indian Statistical Service must have obtained a Bachelor's Degree with Statistics/Mathematical Statistics/Applied Statistics as one of the subject or a Master's degree in Statistics/Mathematical Statistics/Applied Statistics from a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other Educational Institutes established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as University u/s 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 or a Foreign University approved by the Central Govt. from time to time.
- A candidate, who has appeared at an exam the passing of which would render them eligible to appear at this examination, but have not been informed of the result, may apply for admission to the exam. Candidates who intended to appear at such a qualifying exam may also apply; such candidates will be admitted to the exam, if otherwise eligible, but their admission would be deemed to be provisional and subject to cancellation, if they do not produce the proof of having passed the requisite qualifying exam along with the detailed application form which will be required to be submitted by the candidates who qualify on the results of the written part of the exam.
- In exceptional cases, the Union Public Service Commission may treat a candidate, who has none of the foregoing qualification, as a qualified candidate provided that he/she has passed examinations conducted by other institutions the Standard of which in the opinion of the Commission, justifies his/her admission to the exam.
- A candidate who is otherwise qualified but who has taken a degree from a Foreign University may also apply to the Commission and may be admitted to the exam at the discretion of the Commission.
See: UPSC Exam Dates
- Candidates (excepting Female/SC/ST/PH candidates who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay a fee of Rs.200/- either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by Cash or by using Net Banking facility of SBI, State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur/State Bank of Hyderabad/State Bank of Mysore/State Bank of Patiala/State Bank of Travancore or by using Visa/Master Credit/Debit Card.
- Applicants who opt for "Pay by Cash" mode should print the system generated Pay-in-slip during part II registration and deposit the fee at the counter of SBI Branch on the next working day only. "Pay by Cash” mode will be deactivated at 23.59 hours of 15th April 2019 i.e. one day before the closing date; however, applicants who have generated their Pay-in- Slip before it is deactivated may pay at the counter of SBI Branch during banking hours on the closing date.
Exam Pattern for UPSC IES and ISS Entrance Exam 2019
- There will be six papers in IES exam including General Economics-I, General English and General Studies, General Economics-II, Indian Economics and General Economics-III.
- There will six papers in ISS exam including General Studies and General English, Statics-I, II, III and IV.
- Every paper will be of 200 marks excluding General Studies and General English which will of 100 marks.
- Negative marking rule will be applicable. It means deduction of 1/3 marks will be done for every wrong entry.
- The language mode of the exam will be English only.
- Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standard for admission to Indian Economic Service/Indian Statistical Service Exam 2019 as per Regulations given in Appendix III of the rules for the Indian Economic Service/Indian Statistical Service Exam 2019 published in Gazette of India dated 20th March 2019
UPSC IES and ISS Exam 2019 Admit Card
- It will be only possible to download the IES ISS 2019 admit card through the official web portal of Union Public Service Commission
- Do not expect your admit card in the Physical mode as it will be only downloaded from the official website www.upsconline.nic.in
UPSC IES and ISS Entrance Exam 2019 Application Procedure
- Candidates are required to apply online using the www.upsconline.nic.in
- Detailed instructions for filling up Online Applications are available on the above-mentioned website. The applicants are advised to submit only single application.
- The applicants who are submitting multiple applications should note that only the applications with higher RID (Registration ID) shall be entertained by the Commission and fee paid against one RID shall not be adjusted against any other RID.
- All candidates, whether already in Govt. Service, or in Govt. owned industrial undertakings or other similar organizations or in private employment should apply directly to the Commission.
- All the applicants are required to provide valid and active email id and mobile numbers while filling up online application forms as the Commission will be using electronic mode for communication.
- For more information visit the website www.upsconline.nic.in