UPSC CMS Exam 2021 for Junior Scale Posts, Assistant Divisional Medical Officer and Other Posts
UPSC CMS 2021 – The Union Public Service Commission, UPSC has released the Combined Medical Service, CMS 2021 Notification at its official website www.upsc.gov.in. A total of 838 vacancies have been notified for the post of Junior Scale, Assistant Divisional Medical Officer, Assistant Medical Officer, General Duty Medical Officer (GDMO).
The last date of registration for the UPSC CMS Exam is 27th July 2021. The applicants who have qualified their MBBS and are willing to apply for the UPSC CMS Recruitment 2021 may apply online from 07th July 2021.
UPSC CMS 2021 Highlights
- Exam Name: Combined Medical Services, CMS
- Exam Conducting Body: Union Public Service Commission, UPSC
- Type of Question: Objective Type (Multiple choice answers)
- CMS Exam Stage: 2 stages
- Exam Mode: Online Computer-based Exam & Personality Test
- Language: English Only
- The total no. of vacancies that have been notified by the UPSC for the CMS is 838.
- The following table shows the post wise vacancy distribution.
- Junior Scale Posts in Central Health Service – 349
- Assistant Divisional Medical Officer in the Railways – 300
- General Duty Medical Officer (GDMO) in New Delhi Municipal Council – 05
- General duty Medical Officer Gr-II in East Delhi Municipal Corporation, North Delhi Municipal Corporation and South Delhi Municipal Corporation – 184
- Total – 838 Posts
UPSC CMS 2021 Important Dates
- Starting Date to Apply Online: 07th July 2021
- Closing Date to Apply Online: 27th July 2021 till 6.00 P.M
- The online Applications can be withdrawn from: 03rd to 09th August 2021 till 6.00 PM
- Last Date for Payment of Fee (“Pay by cash” mode): 26th July 2021, 23.59 hrs
- Last Date for Fee Payment (Online Mode): 27th July 2021
- Date for Examination: 21st November 2021
- Declaration of Result: November/December 2021
Eligibility Criteria for UPSC CMS 2021
- A citizen of India, or
- A subject of Nepal, or
- The subject of Bhutan, or
- A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January 1963
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka or East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or from Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- For a person belonging from category 2 to 5 have to issue a certificate of eligibility from Gov. of India
- A candidate for this exam must not have attained the age of 32 years as on 01st August 2021, i.e. the candidate must have been born not earlier than 02nd August 1989.
- However, for Junior Time Scale Posts in Central Health Services, the upper age limit must not exceed 35 (thirty-five years) on the aforesaid cut-off date.
- The upper age limit is relaxed in the following cases. The candidates lying in these categories can avail for age relaxation.
- SC/ST – Upto 5 years
- Other backward class – Upto 3 years
- Domicile of Jammu and Kashmir – Upto 5 years
- Defence service personnel disabled in operations – Upto 3 years
- ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered at least
- 5 years Military Service – Upto 5 years
- ECOs/SSCOs who have completed an initial period of assignment of 5 years Military Service – Upto 5 years
- In the case of disability – Upto 10 years
- Candidate must be the holder of an MBBS degree from MCI recognized university in India.
- Candidates appearing in the final year of the MBBS exam are also fit to apply.
- Candidate about to complete with the compulsory rotating internship can also go for Combined Medical & Services Exam but will be appointed only after the completion of the internship
Physical & Medical Standards
- Candidates must be physically and medically fit according to the physical/medical standards for the Combined Medical Services Exam 2021 as per regulations contained in Appendix III to the Rules of the Exam.
UPSC CMS 2021 Application Process
- Eligible Candidates can apply through the official website www.upsconline.nic
- Complete the online form with all the details comprises Part-I and Part-II like stages. Go through the instructions before filling the form. Ensure to scan the photograph and signature not exceeding the size of 40 KB and no less than 3 KB.
Steps to follow for online application
- Here is the screenshot of the UPSC Combined Medical Service Online Application 2021
- Click the direct link to open the apply online link directly or go to the official website of UPSC.
- As the link opens, if you are already registered login with the credentials, otherwise click the part 1 registration and read the instructions.
- Click on “I agree” to proceed for the form submission.
- Now, fill the identity credentials, education qualification, and address.
- Click Continue and submit Part 1 Registration.
- Part 2 registration comprises logging in the registration ID and DOB.
- Fill all the important details like the selection of examination centre, uploading of Photograph, Signature, Photo Identity Card Document and Declaration.
- Press “I agree” button after he finds that the information supplied by him is in order and no correction is required.
- Pay the required application fee if applicable.
- Take the Print out of the final form.
Application Fee for UPSC CMS 2021
- The application fee for the UPSC CMS 2021 Exam can be deposited in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using the net banking facility of State Bank of India or by using Visa/Master/RuPay Credit/Debit Card or by using Internet Banking of SBI.
- Accepting Female/SC/ST/PwBD Candidates: Exempted
- General Candidates: Rs.200/-
Selection Process for UPSC CMS 2021 Exam
- Selection will be made through Written Examination, Personality Test, Document Verification and Medical Examination.
Exam Pattern for UPSC CMS 2021 Exam
- Admission to UPSC CMS is done by qualifying 2 stage procedures: Part I and Part II.
Part-I Computer Based Exam (500 marks)
- The candidates will take the Computer based examination in two Papers, each Paper carrying a maximum of 250 marks. Each Paper will be of two hours duration.
- Both the Papers of the CMSE will be of MBBS standard.
- One-third of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as a penalty.
- The question paper will be set only in English
- Paper I – Marks 250
- General Medicine – 96 questions
- Paediatrics – 24 question
- Total Questions – 120
- Paper-II – Max. Marks 250
- Surgery – 40 questions
- Gynaecology & Obstetrics – 40 questions
- Preventive & Social Medicine – 40 questions
- Total Questions – 120
Part-II Personality Test (100 Marks)
- Personality test carrying 100 marks of such candidates who qualify on the results of the Computer based exam.
Syllabus for UPSC CMS 2021 Exam
- The syllabus for the UPSC Paper I and Paper II is explained below.
- Paper I of UPSC CMS will be of 250 Marks. There will be 120 questions. All the questions will be objective in nature. Out of the 120 questions, 96 will be from General Medicine and 24 from Paediatrics.
- General medicine
- The UPSC CMS Paper II will be of 250 Marks and will include the following. There will be three parts each of 40 Marks. The following are the subjects for the UPSC CMS Paper II.
- Gynaecology & Obstetrics
- Preventive & Social Medicine
Exam Centres for UPSC CMS 2021 Exam
- Agartala; Dharwad; Dispur; Aizwal; Bengaluru; Hyderabad; Imphal; Bhopal; Chandigarh; Jaipur; Jammu; Cuttack; Dehradun; Kochi; Kohima; Kolkata; Lucknow; Shillong; Shimla; Mumbai; Nagpur; Thiruvananthapuram; Tirupati; Patna; Port Blair; Vishakhapatnam; Raipur; Ranchi; Ahmedabad; Gangtok; Bareilly; Itanagar; Chennai; Jorhat; Delhi; Sambalpur; Madurai; Madurai; Srinagar; Panaji (Goa); Udaipur; Prayagraj (Allahabad)
Admit Card for UPSC CMS 2021
- UPSC CMS 2021 Admit card available on the official website of UPSC. Candidates can download the admit card before the 3 weeks. UPSC will not send the admit card by post. Admit Card must be carried during exams otherwise not allowed to set an exam hall.
Result for UPSC CMS 2021
- UPSC CMS Result will be announced after the written result. After one or two months of the Written Exam, the result will be declared. After that Candidates will be selected for the Interview round.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website