UPSC CDS 2022 Notification (Out), Application Form, Exam Dates and Eligibility, Apply Now
CDS Exam – Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) will be releasing the notification for the Combined Defence Services Examination I (CDS Exam I) 2022. UPSC CDS Exam is held for recruiting candidates for the course conducted by Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officers Training Academy. The CDS exam is conducted twice in a year.
CDS I 2022 Dates
- Official Notification Release Date: 22nd December 2021
- Submission of Online Application Form started from: 22nd December 2021
- Last Date for Submitting of Application Form: 11th January 2022
- Admit Card will be issued: 2 weeks prior to the exam date
- CDS Exam Date: 10th April 2022
- Result Announcement: May 2022
CDS Eligibility Criteria 2022
- Candidates are advised to check the eligibility criteria before applying for the CDS I 2022 exam. Candidates should fulfill the eligibility criteria of the UPSC CDS exam at the following levels:
- The candidate must be a citizen of India or
- A subject of Bhutan or Nepal or
- A Tibetan refugee who came here to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention to settle down here permanently or
- An Indian origin person migrated from Burma, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, and East African Countries viz. Uganda, Kenya, Zambia, Zaire, Malawi, Ethiopia, the United Republic of Tanzania, and Vietnam with the intention to settle down here permanently.
- Candidates must submit the certificate of eligibility in case of point No. (ii) to (iv).
- For IMA (Indian Military Academy): Unmarried male candidates who are born between 2nd January 1999 to 1st January 2004 are eligible to apply.
- For INA (Indian Naval Academy): Unmarried male candidates who are born between 2nd January 1999 to 1st January 2004 are eligible.
- Air Force Academy: Candidate’s age must be 20 to 24 years as on 1st January 2022. It means the candidate should not be born earlier than 2nd January 1999 and not later than 01st January 2003
- For Officers’ Training Academy (SSC Course for Men): Unmarried male candidates born between 2nd January 1998 to 1st January 2004 are eligible.
- For Officers’ Training Academy (SSC Women Non-technical Course): Unmarried women, issueless widows who have not remarried and issueless divorcees (having possession of divorce document) who have not remarried are eligible to apply. They should have been born between 2nd January 1998 and 01st January 2004.
- Check the educational qualification requirement of UPSC CDS I 2022 exam for different job posts from the table below.
- Indian Naval Academy (IMA): Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university
- Indian Naval Academy (INA): B.E/B.Tech from a recognized university or equivalent
- Air Force Academy (AFA): B.E/B.Tech from a recognized university OR degree from a recognized university with Physics & Mathematics as subjects.
- Officers’ Training Academy (OTA): Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university or equivalent.
- Officers Training Academy (SSC Women Non-Technical): UNMARRIED, ISSUELESS WIDOWS and ISSUELESS DIVORCEE who have not remarried: Bachelor’s degree from a recognized
Physical Standards (CDS Eligibility)
- Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to Combined Defence Services Exam (I), 2022 as per guidelines are given in Appendix-IV.
How to Apply for CDS I 2022
- Candidates can apply online through official website www.upsconline.nic.in from 22nd December to 11th January 2022 by following steps:
- Go to the official website of UPSC upsc.gov.in
- Click on the link “Exam Notification – Combined Defence Services Exam (I), 2022” in What’s New section
- Now, go to “Click Here”
- A new window will open where you need click on “Click Here for PART I” followed by “Click Here for Part 2: for registration
- Enter personal details and detail of any Photo ID Proof – Aadhaar Card/Voter Card/PAN Card/Passport/Driving License/Any other Photo ID Card issued by the State/Central Government
- Upload a scanned copy of the same Photo ID, Photograph & Signature
- Select your examination center
- Add Payment details and accept Declaration
- Print a copy of the application form for future use
- Information in this regard can also be obtained from the Facilitation Counter located in the Commission’s Office either in person or over telephone 011-2338527/011 23381125/011, 23098543
- General/ OBC – Rs 200 (No Fee for female/ SC/ ST candidates)
- Payment Mode – By depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of SBI
- Candidates will be provided admission to INA, IMA, Air Force Academy, and Officers’ Training Academy through Written Exam, Personality Test and Interview.
- Candidates will be placed in the order of merit on the basis of the total marks secured by them in the written exam and in the SSB tests
CDS I 2022 Exam Pattern
- Written Examination
- Intelligence & Personality Interview
For IMA INA & OTA
|General Knowledge||100||2 hours|
|Elementary Mathematics||100||2 hours|
For Officer Training Academy (OTA)
- The duration of the two exams is 4 hours (2 hours for each exam)
|General Knowledge||100||2 hours|
UPSC CDS I 2022 Syllabus
- General Knowledge
- Elementary Math
UPSC CDS I 2022 Admit Card
- UPSC CDS I 2022 Admit Card will be released at the https://upsconline.nic.in/site. Applicants can download their CDS admit cards by logging in with their Registration ID & Roll No.
- Captain (Level 10 B) – 6,13,00-1,93,900
- Lieutenant (Level 10) – 56,100 – 1,77,500
- Lieutenant Colonel (Level 12A ) – 1,21,200 – 2,12400
- Major (Level 11) – 6,94,00 – 2,07,200
- Brigadier (Level 13A ) – 1,39,600-2,17,600
- Colonel Level 13 – 1,30,600-2, 15, 900
- Lieutenant General HAG Scale (Level 15) – 1, 82, 200-2,24,100
- Major General (Level 14) – 1,44,200-2,18,200
- VCOAS/Army Cdr/Lieutenant General (NFSG) (Level 17) – 2,25,000/-(fixed)
- HAG + Scale (Level 16) – 2,05,400 – 2,24,400
- COAS (Level 18) – 2,50,000/-(fixed)
- MSP to the officers from the rank of Lieutenant to Brigadier – Rs 15.500 p.m. fixed
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website