Manipal University announces Online Entrance Test (MU OET) 2020 for B.Tech Admission
Manipal University MU OET 2020 – Manipal University Online Entrance Test (MU OET) is conducted for taking admission to Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) and Lateral Entry to B.Tech Programs for the academic session 2020.
Manipal Institute of Technology (MIT) offers B.Tech and M.Tech degrees in several engineering streams such as Computer Science, Electrical, Mechanical, Building Science, and Chemical.
Interested candidates can check all the details of MU OET 2020, like application forms, eligibility criteria, application procedure etc from this page given below.
- MIT offers 16 programs of study at the B.Tech Level – Aeronautical, Chemical, Electrical & Electronics, Instrumentation & Control, Automobile, Civil, Electronics & Communication, Mechanical, Biomedical, Computer & Communication, Industrial & Production, Mechanics, Biotechnology, Computer Science, Information Technology, Print & Media Technology
- B.Tech. Program Highlights
- Duration of the program is 8 semesters; credits required for the award of degree: 170 credits
- Semester I and II: Common for all branches. Optional change of branch in III semester against vacancies based on the first-year performance. First year course materials available on Internet
- Live project experience through Practice school caters student mobility. Academic Management System to provide seamless access to academic information through Internet to all stakeholders
- Duration of the Program is 8 semesters.
Also See : Engineering Admissions 2021
Manipal University MU OET 2020 Important Dates
- Submission of Online Application: Started
- Last Date for Submission of Online Application: 15th March 2020
- Tentative Class Commencement Date 15th July 2020
- Test Booking and Test Dates: Will Update Shortly
Eligibility Criteria for Manipal University MU OET 2020
- Citizenship: Indian Nationals
- Qualification: Pass in 10+2, A Level, IB, American 12th grade or equivalent with Physics, Mathematics and English as compulsory subjects along with Chemistry or Biotechnology or Biology or any technical vocational subjects as optional with a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Mathematics and any one of the optional subjects.
- General Category: Admissions are done on the basis of rank in the All India Manipal Entrance Test (MET) 2020.
- Foreign/NRI Category: Admissions are done on the basis of marks obtained in the qualifying exam.
- Note: Candidates can apply both under General and Foreign/NRI categories. Change of category from Foreign/NRI to General after admission will not be entertained under any circumstances.
- Rank will be awarded to all the candidates who will qualify the All India Manipal Entrance Test (MET) 2020. However, the other factors below will also hold weightage during the selection.
Other factors include:
- Number of seats in college and course
- Options filled in the counselling
- Availability of seats
- Merit list ranking
- Opening and closing ranks
MUOET 2020 Exam Pattern
- The exam pattern of MET is as described below:
- Entrance Test Type: Manipal Entrance Test (MET) 2020
- Test Syllabus: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and General English include questions based on the 10+2 syllabus followed by major 10+2 Boards /Universities. Click Here for the Online Entrance Test Syllabus.
- Test Pattern: Group 2 – (Applicable to B.Tech/B.Pharm/Pharm.D Courses) Duration – 2.30 hours; Questions – 200 (MCQ)
- The approximate distribution of questions is Physics-50, Chemistry-50, Mathematics-70, English and General Aptitude-30.
- Test Centre Code for I & II attempt: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25,26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 32, 33, 34,35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 44, 45, 47, 48, 49, 50.
- Test Centre Code for III attempt: 3, 9, 14, 15, 18, 21, 22, 23. Click here for Test Centres.
MU OET 2020 Application Process
- Application Form of MET 2020 is Available Online, on the official website www.manipal.edu
- However, a direct link to it is also given above. Candidates who will not submit the Manipal University 2020 application form, will not be issued an admit card. Hence, will not be able to write the exam
- To fill and submit the form online, candidates will have to register on the official website and pay the application fee. The detailed application procedure and the application fee of Manipal entrance exam is given below.
- Go to the official website of MET 2020 and click on register online.
- Submit all the details correctly
- Candidates will receive the specific Application Number and password on their registered email id
- Log-in the website by entering the application number and password
- Candidates will have to fill all the necessary information in 05 Steps including basic details, Programmes Selection, Contact details, Educational Qualification and Confirmation
- Next, candidates will have to submit the application fee, through any of the online payment modes
- Upload scanned copy of the recent photograph and signature in the prescribed format
- The application fee is Rs.600/- and entrance exam fee is Rs.1400/-. Candidates can either opt for online mode or offline mode for submitting the application fee.
- Online Mode: Candidates have to pay application fee on mentioned amount through online mode via Net Banking or Credit Card.
- Offline Mode: Candidates who are unable to submit fee through online mode can opt for the offline procedure, where they can make the payment through demand draft of Rs.1600/-; the DD should be drawn in favor of “Manipal University” payable at Udupi or Manipal
- Completely filled application form along with the Demand draft for the application fee must be sent to the below mentioned address “To Director, Admissions Manipal University, Manipal-576104.
Manipal University (MU), Manipal
Manipal Institute of Technology (MIT), Manipal-576104 (Karnataka), India, Tel.: +91 9243777733, Email: email@example.com, Website www.manipal.edu