WBJEEB notifies Joint Entrance Examination 2022 for admission to MCA Course
WBJEE JECA 2022 – West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board (WBJEEB) invites application for the Joint Entrance Examination (JECA) 2022 for admission to Master of Computer Application (MCA) Course for the academic session 2022-23 in various institutions in West Bengal
Check the complete information regarding WBJEE JECA 2022 such as application process, eligibility criteria, and other information on this page below.
WBJEE JECA Dates 2022
- Start Date of Online Application: 01st to 07th February 2022
- Last Date for Submission of Application Form: 07th February 2022
- Admit Card Release: 07th May 2022
- WBJEE JECA 2022 Examination: 15th May 2022
- WBJEE JECA 2022 Result Declaration: 01st Week of June 2022
WBJEE JECA Eligibility Criteria 2022
- Nationality: The applicant must be a citizen of India
- Domicile: For admission into University, University departments and government colleges, the candidate must be a domicile of West Bengal
- Only those candidates will be treated as the domicile of West Bengal who is either, a) Residing in West Bengal continuously at least for last 10 years as on 31st December 2016 (or); ((b) Whose parents is/are permanent residents of West Bengal having a permanent address within the State of West Bengal
- Age Criteria: There is no age restriction
- Academic Eligibility: Various institutions that offers the three years MCA Course in the State of West Bengal follows one of the four following modules of eligibility criteria
- Module I: Candidates must have done 3-years Bachelor degree program from UGC recognized University with no less than 60% marks in Honours/Aggregate (45% marks for SC/ST category) or completed BCA degree from any University/Institute recognized by AICTE with at least 60% marks (45% marks for SC/ST category) in Mathematics at the Bachelor’s level. In addition, candidates should have done 60% marks (45% marks for SC/ST category) in Secondary and Higher Secondary or equivalent examination from recognized Boards with no less than 60% marks (45% marks for SC/ST category) in Mathematics at each level.
- Module II: Candidates holding 3 years duration bachelor’s degree with at least 50% marks (45% marks for ST/ SC/OBC-A/OBC-B category) recognized by UGC and/or AICTE are eligible to apply. They must have studied Mathematics as one of the subjects at 10+2 level or graduate level.
- Module III: Candidates should have done graduation or an equivalent degree under (10+2+3) scheme with the minimum of 60% marks (45% marks for SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B category) in any discipline of B.E./B.Tech/BCA from a UGC / AICTE recognized University/Institute. Applicants should have studied Mathematics as a major subject at each level of education.
- Module IV: Candidates must hold B.Sc. Honors degree under (10+2+3) scheme in any discipline from a UGC recognized University/Institute with at least 60% marks in Honours/Aggregate (45% marks for SC/ST/OBCA/OBC-B category) along with the minimum of 55% marks in Mathematics.
WBJEE JECA Application Process 2022
- Application has to be filled up online at the portal www.wbjeeb.in
- Step-1 Registration: Candidate has to input name, date of birth, gender, email id and mobile number and password. Candidates must take the utmost care to give these inputs. If mistakes are committed there is no chance of correction.
- Step-2 Application Form: In this step the candidate has to enter his/her personal and academic information and also two choices of examination centre. The fields mark with (*) are mandatory fields, i.e. mandatory to be filled in
- Step-3 Image Upload: At this step the candidate has to upload scanned copies of his/her photograph, signature, LTI and Admit Card/Mark sheet of 10th standard as age proof
- Step-4 Applications Fee: The Exam Fees can be paid by ‘Net Banking’/ ‘Debit Card’/ ‘Credit Card’. The amount of fees to be paid for appearing in the JECA 2022 is Rs. 500/- plus the Bank’s Service Charges as applicable. The fee once paid is not refundable under any circumstances.
- Step-5 Confirmation Page: On successful completion of all the above steps, candidates shall automatically be directed to the option for downloading the ‘Confirmation Page’ which means that the application is complete.
WBJEE JECA Exam Pattern 2022
- Mode of Exam: Exam will be conducted in Offline mode
- Duration: Duration of the exam is 3 hours
- Papers: Mathematics and Aptitude
- Medium of Exam: Questions will be of the English language only
- Marking Scheme: 1 mark for correct answer and -0.25 for incorrect answer
- Duration: 2 hrs
- Mathematics – 100 questions and 100 marks
- Aptitude – 50 questions and 50 marks
- Candidates can check the Syllabus for WBJEE JECA 2022 Syllabus below.
- Analytical Geometry: Cartesian and polar coordinate, Straight line, Circle, Ellipse, Parabola, Hyperbola, Translation & Rotation of axes
- Algebra: Complex number, De Mover’s theorem, Solution of linear equations, Determinants, Matrices, Summation of signal series, Addition of vectors, Scalar and Vector products, In equation, Sets and elements, Universal set, Empty set, Subsets, Venn diagram, Union and intersection of sets, Complements, Algebra of sets, Finite sets, Class of sets, Partitions, Cross product, Group, Ring and Field.
- Calculus: Limit, Continuity, Differentiation; Maxima & minima; Taylor & Macaroni’s Series: Definite and indefinite integrals, First and second order differential equation; Functions of several variables; Partial differentiation.
- Probability & Statistics: Permutation, Combination, Probability, Probability distribution, Mean, Median, Mode, Standard Deviation, Correlation coefficient.
- Reasoning, Problem Solving, Quantitative Comparison, Discrete Quantitative Analysis Data interpretation
- The Examination will be held in the following zones – Durgapur; Siliguri; Howrah; Kolkata-North/Salt Lake; Kolkata-South; Kharagpur; Reservation
- Admit Card is mandatory to appear for the JECA 2022. The Admit Card shall be available for download online on the official websites of WBJEEB
- The Admit Card is a necessary document that will be needed at the time of the Entrance Exam. Admit card can be downloaded from the official website and can be printed further
For more details and to apply online, please visit official website