LBS Kerala MCA Entrance Test 2019 for Admission, Dates, Eligibility, Application
LBS Centre for Science & Technology announces Admission to Master of Computer Application- (MCA)2019
LBS Kerala MCA Entrance Test 2019 - LBS Centre for Science and Technology invites applications from interested candidates for admission to MCA programme for the year 2019.
LBS Kerala MCA Entrance Test 2019 Important Dates
- Registration for Entrance Exam: 11th June to 28th June 2019
- Application Fee Remittance in bank: 11th June to 27th June 2019
- Publication of Accepted (verified) data: 03rd July 2019
- Rectification of Complaints: 03rd July 2019 to 06th July 2019 5pm
- Issue of hall tickets: 01st July 2019
- Entrance exam: 07th July 2019
- Publication of Rank list: 15th July 2019
- Publication of First Allotment: 19th July 2019
- Fee Remittance in bank: 20th July to 22nd July 2019
- Publication of second Allotment: 24th July 2019
- Fee remittance in bank: 25th July to 26th July 2019
See: MCA Entrance Exams
Eligibility Criteria for LBS Kerala MCA Admission 2019
- The candidate must be an Indian citizen. Certificate from a village officer or a competent authority showing that the candidate is a native of any state or Union Territory of India should be uploaded. True copies of the birth certificate issued by the competent authority/ passport/school certificate- showing place of birth will also be accepted as proof of nativity.
- Candidates should have passed any recognized Bachelor’s Degree of minimum 3 years duration with Mathematics at 10+2 level or at the Graduate level. The candidate should have secured a minimum aggregate of 50% marks in their Degree examination, but it is 45% for candidates belonging to reserved category – SEBC/OEC. For SC and ST candidates, a minimum pass in the degree examination is sufficient. No rounding off of percentage of marks to the nearest higher integer is permitted.
- Note: Candidate seeking admission to the course should be qualified from any of the universities in Kerala or any other Universities, recognized by any of the Universities in Kerala.
- Final Year regular Bachelor’s Degree students are also permitted to appear for the
- Entrance examination subject to the condition that the original degree certificate and mark lists of all parts of the qualifying examination shall be produced by the candidate at the time of admission. Inclusion in the rank list is provisional and subject to the academic eligibility conditions referred to in clause 5(b).
Reservation of Seats:
- Five percent of the seats available to the state for allotment from the State rank lists are reserved for candidates with disabilities, for all courses in Govt. /Aided Colleges as stipulated in Section 39, Chapter VI of the persons with disabilities Act 1995. As per Clause 2 (t), Chapter I of the Act, ‘Person with Disability’ means a person suffering from not less than 40% of any disability alone will be eligible to apply for this quota. A disability certificate from the District Medical Board obtained within 12 months prior to the date of submission of the application has to be uploaded while submitting application online. Such candidates are also required to upload a certificate obtained from a Medical Officer not below the rank of Assistant Surgeon to the effect that the candidate is fit enough to undergo the M.C.A course
- Leaving the seats set apart under items (A) above, the remaining seats will be distributed as per the mandatory reservation principle as contemplated in G.O (P) 208/66/Edn. Dated 2.5.1996, G.O (MS) No. 95/08/SCSTDD dated 06/10/2008, G.O (MS) No. 10/2014/BCDD dated 23/05/2014 and as modified from time to time.
- Entrance examination will be conducted by the Director, LBS Centre for Science and Technology for the selection of candidates for admission to MCA course. All candidates who are eligible for admission and whose applications have been accepted will be allowed to appear for the entrance examination. The entrance examination will be of two hours duration and will be conducted at selected venues in Thiruvananthapuram, Ernakulum and Kozhikode.
The scheme of exam is as follows:
- Mathematics (10+2, Level 50% and degree level 50%): 50 questions
- Statistics (Degree subsidiary level): 10 questions
- Computer Science (Basic 10, Degree level 10): 20 questions
- Quantitative aptitude: 10 questions
- Logical ability: 10 questions
- English: 10 questions
- General Knowledge: 10 questions
- Total questions: 120 questions
LBS Kerala MCA Entrance Test 2019 Application Process
- Candidates seeking admission to the course have to apply online through the website www.lbscentre.kerala.gov.in of the Director of LBS Centre for Science and Technology. Application Fee for general and SEBC candidates is Rs. 1000/- (Rupees Thousand only). In the case of SC/St candidates and those eligible for SC/ST benefits as per G.O (MS) No. 25/05/SCSTDD dated 22.06.2005; the application fee is Rs. 500/- (Rupees Five Hundred Only.) Application fee can be remitted at any one of the branches of the Scheduled Bank (to be notified) in Kerala.
For more details visit the official website: www.lbscentre.in
LBS Centre for Science & Technology, Kerala
Govt. of Kerala (Approved vide G.O (Ms.) No. 134/2017/H.Edn Dated 23/05/2017), Office of the Director of Technical Education, Padmavilasom Street, Fort, Nalumukku, pazhavangadi, Thiruvananthapuram- 695023, Website www.lbscentre.in