HPU Shimla MCA Admission 2019 Notification, Dates, Eligibility, Application
Himachal Pradesh University (HPU) announces MCA Entrance Test 2019 for Admission
HPU Shimla MCA Entrance Exam 2019 - Department of Computer Science, Himachal Pradesh University has released notification for HPU MCA Entrance Test 2019. The Entrance Test is conducted for MCA 2018 batch for the admission to Department of Computer Science, HP University Shimla, Regional Centre Dharamshala, and K.L.B.D.A.V. Girls College for Technology, Palampur affiliated to H.P. University.
Interested candidates can check all the details related to HPU MCA Entrance Test 2019 like application form, schedule, eligibility, admit card, exam pattern, result and counseling are given here below.
HPU Shimla MCA Entrance Test 2019 Important Dates
- Start date of online application Process: 08th March 2019
- Last date of submission of the hard copy of the application: 28th April 2019
- Entrance exam date: 09th June 2019
- Declaration of result: 15th June 2019
- Counseling starts: First week of July 2019
- Duration of the Course - 3 years (6 Semesters)
See: MCA Entrance Exams
- Subsidized Seats: 30 + 02 +02(02 seats Reserved for single Child who is a girl+ 02 seats J&K migrants) Non-subsidized Seats: 90
- Ward of H.P University Employee: 03
- Total Seats in MCA Course: 120 + 02 + 02 + 03
Few Supernumerary seats for foreign National who apply through ICCR are also available as per H.P. University Rules
Eligibility Criteria for HPU Shimla MCA Admission 2019
- Candidates must have passed Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with at least 50% marks (45% in case of SC/ST) from a University established by law in India, with Mathematics at +2 level (or)
- BCA/B. Sc. (IT)/ B. Sc. (Computer Science)/B.Sc. Physical Science(Computer Science)/ B.A. with Computer Science/B.Sc. Honors with Computer Science or any graduate with computers as one of the subject in all the three years of graduation with at least 50% marks (45% in case of SC/ST) from a University established by law in India
- Maximum age limit for admission to MCA Course is 26 years for general category, 29 years for SC/ST category and 28 years for girl candidates, as on the 01st July of the year concerned
- The Vice-Chancellor may permit age relaxation up to a maximum of six months
- The admission to MCA course will be made on the basis of merit of the Entrance Examination (written test) conducted by HP University.
- Type of Questions- MCQ
- Total Marks- 200
- Duration -2 hours
- Medium of exam- English
- Number of sections-4
- Verbal Ability 50
- Quantitative Ability 50
- Data Interpretation and reasoning 50
- General Knowledge and computer awareness 50
- The counseling shall be held in the H.P. University campus for admission to the MCA Course 2019. Candidates are required to check the website of the Dept. (www.hpucs.ac.in)
- No separate result cards and intimation regarding counseling shall be sent to the candidates; the counseling shall be held strictly as per the duly published counseling schedule posted on the website
Himachal Pradesh University 2019 Entrance Test for admission to the MCA course shall be held at the following centres:
- H.P. University Campus, Summer Hill, Shimla
- Government College, Mandi
- Government College, Hamirpur
- H.P. University Regional Centre, Dharamshala, Kangra
The University reserves the right to allot any exam centre to the candidate irrespective of the choice given by the candidate.
- 15% and 7.5% of the seats shall be reserved for bonafide Himachali SC/ST candidates respectively who have passed the qualifying exam from any University established by law in India which is equivalent to the qualifying exam of HP University.
- 3% of the seats shall be reserved for Physically Handicapped candidates who are Himachal Pradesh Domicile.
The remaining seats shall be filled as under:
- 25% seats shall be open to all the candidates irrespective of the institution from where they have passed their qualifying exam, in which the graduates of this University shall also be eligible
- 75% of the seats shall be filled out of the candidates who have passed their qualifying exam from H.P University or H.P Krishi Vishvavidyalaya or Dr. YS Parmar University of Horticulture and Forestry, Himachal Pradesh Technical University.
- One supernumerary seat shall be reserved for Himachali Bonafide only/single child who is a girl. In this respect, an affidavit issued by a competent authority shall have to be submitted.
- The eligibility for admission to the Courses against these seats will be the same as provided for other candidates. The admission to these seats will be made on the merit of marks obtained in the Entrance Test
- 15% and 7.5% of the seats shall be reserved for bonafide Himachali SC/ST candidates respectively who have passed the qualifying exam from any University est. by law in India
HPU Shimla MCA Admission 2019 Application Process
- All the applicants are advised to read the Prospectus/information brochure of Computer Science Dept., H.P. University, Shimla-171005 in PDF Format Available on www.hpucs.ac.in or www.hpuniv.in, carefully and also ensure their eligibility in terms of the conditions/provisions mentioned in the information brochure
- Please read these instructions carefully before proceeding with the ONLINE filling of MCA Entrance Application Form 2019.
- The applicants are required to submit the fee in the form of a DD or IPO of Rs.1000/- for General Category and Rs.500/- for SC/ST/IRDP/ANTYODAYA in favor of Chairman, Department of Computer Science, H.P. University, Shimla Payable at Shimla
For more details, please visit website of the Dept.: www.hpucs.ac.in or https://hpuniv.nic.in
HPU Himachal Pradesh University Shimla
Department of Computer Science, H.P. University, Shimla, Himachal Pradesh University, (NAAC Accredited ‘A’ Grade University), Computer Science Dept., H.P. University, Shimla-171005, Website www.hpucs.ac.in or https://hpuniv.nic.in