BITS Mesra Master of Computer Application (MCA) Admission 2019
BITS Mesra announces Entrance Test for Admission to Master of Computer Application (MCA) Program 2019
BITS Mesra MCA Admission 2019 - Applications are invited from eligible candidates for admission to the 3-year (6-semester) Full Time Master in Computer Applications (MCA) programme at Mesra (Main Campus) and its Off Campuses at BIT Jaipur, BIT Lalpur and BIT Noida for the session 2019-20.
BITS Mesra MCA Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Filling of online form commences from: 03rd April 2019
- Last date to apply online: 25th May 2019
- Admit card release date: 30th May 2019
- Date for online entrance test: 09th June 2019
- Declaration of 1st provisional selection list along with complete merit list on the institute website/ notice board. 15th June 2019
See: MCA Entrance Exams
Eligibility Criteria for BITS Mesra MCA Admission 2019
- The candidates must have passed in Mathematics / Computer Science / Information Practices as one of the subject in Class 12 / Equivalent Examination.
- Candidates must hold a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent qualification of any of the Universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislatures in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under section 3 of
- UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India / AIU. This degree must entail a minimum of three years of education after completing higher secondary schooling [Class 12 or equivalent] (10+2+3 system).
- Candidates must have one of following qualifications:
a) Bachelor of Computer Applications, or
b) B.Sc. in Computer Science / Information Technology / Electronics, or
c) B.Sc. with Mathematics or Statistics as one of the subjects at graduate level.
- Candidates with above mentioned qualifications (item-3) must have minimum 55% (50% for SC/ST/PwD) marks in average in graduation, marks to be computed as average of marks obtained in all subjects in which candidate have appeared.
- Candidates with B.Sc. Honors must have minimum 55% (50% for SC/ST/PwD) marks in average in their Honors subject.
- Candidates appearing for final examinations of their Bachelor’s programme in 2019 can also apply, provided they have obtained requisite marks or equivalent (as per item 4 or 5 above) based on latest available grades / marks at the time of applying, and if selected can join the programme provisionally. At the time of reporting for the verification of documents cum admission such an applicant must bring a certificate in original from the Principal of Institute stating that:
a) By 30 June 2019, (s)/he will have appeared for examination in all subjects required for obtaining his/her Bachelor’s degree.
b) (S)/he has obtained requisite marks or equivalent (as per item (4 or 5) above), based on latest available grades / marks.
- Their admission will be confirmed only when they submit the mark sheet and a certificate of having passed the Bachelor's degree / equivalent qualification with requisite marks as per item (4 or 5) above. They must submit proof of passing their final examinations with requisite marks by 31 October 2019. Non-fulfillment of this condition will automatically result in the cancellation of the provisional admission.
- Candidates with qualifications acquired through correspondence or distance-learning programmes are eligible only if (a) the programmes are recognized by the DEC-IGNOU, (b) they have passed the qualifying examination at the time of applying, with minimum 55% marks in average (50% for SC/ST/PwD) calculated as per item (4 or 5) above. They must enclose photocopies of pass certificate, mark sheets of qualifying examination and proof of the programme recognized by the DEC-IGNOU in letter head of the Institute/College /University with their application. [Appearing candidate in distance learning programmes, whose results are yet to be declared, are not eligible to apply].
- Candidates with foreign diplomas should see the EdCIL website for equivalence (http://www.edcil.co.in), and if required should obtain an equivalence certificate from the evaluation division of the AIU (website http://www.aiuweb.org).
- In case any Board / University awards grades instead of marks, the calculation of equivalent marks would be based on the procedure prescribed by the Board / University. In case a University does not have any scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing obtained CGPA with the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the resultant with 100.
- At any level of the studies [class X, class XII or graduation], a candidate / applicant must have passed all the required subjects at that level from the same Board/ University.
Selection Process for BITS Mesra MCA Admission 2019
Selection will be based on the score obtained in the written test
There will be 120 questions from the following subjects;
- Mathematics: 60
- Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning: 20
- Computer Awareness: 20
- English: 20
- Test centres will be Bangalore, Hyderabad, Indore, Jaipur, Kanpur, Kolkata, Mumbai, Patna, Noida and Ranchi.
- MCA online entrance test will held on 09th June 2019 (Sunday). Depending upon the number of candidates at a given Test Center, the Test may be held up to three time slots at the Center, that is from 9.00 to 11.00 am, 12.00 to 2.00 pm, and 3.00 to 5.00 pm.
- Admit card will be issued only to the candidates whose online applications are submitted successfully within the stipulated time. Candidates will be allotted a Test Center, date and time slot for the Test, as above
BITS Mesra MCA Admission 2019 Application Process
- To fill online application form, click on the link “CLICK HERE FOR NEW ADMISSION” to register and create password for the application process. Do not share the password with anybody. Please see instructions for filling online application form.
- Eligible candidates must complete and submit the application form online only [link available on the Institute website www.bitmesra.ac.in]. Pay application fee of Rs.2,500/- (General / OBC candidates) and Rs.1,500/- (SC/ST candidates) inclusive of GST charges through State Bank Collect (net banking / credit card of any nationalized bank) in favour of “Birla Institute of Technology” till the last date of application process. Fee once remitted shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
- The candidates may select multiple choice of place for study MAXIMUM OF THREE CAMPUSES, in order of preference from the prompt. Candidates will not be permitted to alter their preferences at a later stage.
- Candidates should proceed to fill the Online Application Form only after they satisfy themselves that they fulfill all the eligibility criteria.
For more information please visit the official website: http://www.bitmesra.ac.in
BIRLA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, Mesra, Ranchi, Jharkhand, India
Deemed University u/s 3 of UGC Act 1956; Website: http://www.bitmesra.ac.in
Get Free Entrance Exam Alerts and College Admission Guidance >> Click here