University of Madras Distance Learning UG PG Program Admission 2020, Eligibility, Important Dates
University of Madras Distance Education Admission 2020 - Applications are invited by the University of Madras for admission to various Undergraduate and Postgraduate programs offered at Institute of Distance Education for the Academic year 2020-21
Check out details such as courses offered, eligibility criteria, application process and more for University of Madras Distance Education Admission 2020
UG Program (Three Years) - CBCS Pattern
- B.A.: B.A. in Tamil, Tamil Literature, English, Historical Studies, Economics, Public Administration, Criminology & Police Administration
- B.Com.: B.Com. in General, Corporate Secretary-ship, Bank Management, Computer Applications
- B.Sc.: B.Sc. in Mathematics, Psychology
- BCA Computer Application
- B.B.A. Business Administration
PG Program (Two Years) - CBCS Pattern
- MA: MA in Tamil, English, Political Science, Public Administration, Economics, Historical Studies, Human Rights and Duties Education.
- M.Com: M.Com. in Commerce
- M.Sc.: M.Sc. in Mathematics, Psychology, Counselling Psychology, Cyber Forensics and Information Security, Information Technology
- MBA: MBA in Finance Management, Hospital Management, Human Resource Management, Marketing Management, Logistics & Supply Chain Management, Systems Management,
- MCA: MCA (3 years) in EM/Lateral Entry (2 Years)
University of Madras Distance Education Admission 2020 Important Dates
- Last date for Online Examination Registration (without penalty): 3rd week of May 2020
- Last date for Online Examination Registration (with penalty): 4th week of May 2020
Eligibility Criteria for University of Madras Distance Education Admission 2020
- A pass in the Higher Secondary Examination (Academic or Vocational Stream)/Intermediate Examinations/Pre-degree Examinations/Pre-University Examinations or any other Board under 10+2/10+3/11+1/11+2 pattern conducted by Government of Tamil Nadu (or) Other States (or) Union Territories (or) an examination accepted as equivalent thereof by the Syndicate of the University of Madras.
- A pass in Plus Two Examinations of the National Open School, New Delhi, Pre-Technical Examination previously conducted after 11 years of Study by the State Board of Technical Education and Training, Chennai
- A pass in Two Years Foundation course Examination (as Equivalent to 12th Std) of Annamalai and Madurai Kamaraj Universities after passing 10th Std.
- Pass in any undergraduate degree program offered by this University or any other University recognized by the UGC with 15 years duration either under 10+2+3/11+1+3/11+2+2/, provided they should satisfy the requirement of the concerned branch of study
- MA-Economics (EM/TM): B.A. Economics / Corporate Secretaryship/B.Com /BBA/B.Com(BM)/B.Sc. Mathematics / Statistics or Any UG Social Sciences
- MA-English: B.A. English or any UG degree with Foundation Course Part-II English (Paper I, II, III & IV)
- MA-Historical Studies (EM/TM): Any UG Degree
- MA-Human Rights and Duties Education (EM): Any UG Degree
- MA-Political Science (EM/TM): Any UG Degree
- MA-Public Administration (EM/TM): Any UG Degree
- MA-Tamil : B.A./B.Lit.Tamil or any UG degree with Foundation Course Part-I Tamil (Paper I, II, III & IV)
- M.Sc. Cyber Forensics and Information Security (EM) : Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology/Computer Science/ Computer Applications/ Networking/ Cyber Forensics and Information Security/ Digital Forensics and Information Security/Information Security or BE/ B.Tech in Computer Science/Information Technology/ Electrical and Electronic Science/ Electrical and Communication Science/Instrumentation and Electronics (or) MCA/M.SC. Computer Science/ Information Technology/Forensic Science (or) Master’s in Criminology/Criminology and Criminal Justice/Criminology and Police Administration (or) Government Officials/Law Enforcement/Defense Persons with any degree working in Crime Investigation with two years experience in the respective field.
- M.Sc. Counselling Psychology (EM): Any UG Science Degree or any Professional Degree.
- M.Sc. Information Technology (EM): Any Bachelor’s Degree with Mathematics/ Statistics/Business Mathematics/Business statistics/Mathematical Physics as Main or Allied subject of study.
- M.Sc. Mathematics (EM): B.Sc. Mathematics/Applied Sciences/ Physics/ Chemistry (or) BE/B.Tech with Mathematics
- M.Sc. Psychology(EM) : Any UG Degree
- M.C.A.-Master of Computer Applications (EM): BCA/BES/B.Sc. Computer Science/ Mathematics/Physics/Statistics/Applied Sciences (or) B.Com/Bachelor of Bank Management/BBA/BLM/B.A. corporate Secretaryship/B.A. Economics / Any UG Degree with Business Mathematics and Statistics / Mathematics/Statistics in Main/allied level (or) B.Sc. Chemistry with Mathematics and Physics as allied (or) B.E/B.Tech/MBA (or) Any Bachelor’s Degree with Mathematics as one of the subject at the Higher Secondary level (i.e. in +2 level of the 10+2 pattern
- M.C.A.-Master of Computer Applications - Lateral Entry admission: (EM) Pass in PGDCS, provided he/she satisfies the MCA eligibility condition (or) Pass in BCA /B.Sc. Computer Science with Mathematics as a subject at 10+2 level or at graduate level
- M.Com. (EM & TM): Pass in all branches of B.Com degree, B.A. Industrial Organization/BBA/(or) BA Economics (or) B.Sc. Mathematics/Computer Science/ BCA with any two core papers offered in the B.Com degree.
- MBA: Candidates for admission to the first year of the Master of Business Administration Degree Course in the Institute of Distance Education shall be required to have any one of the following qualifications under the 10 + 2 + 3 pattern of education.
- A pass in any branch of study of a Bachelor Degree/Master Degree of the University of Madras or any other University recognized by the UGC/AIU or a qualification accepted by this University as equivalent thereto; A Professional Degree in Engineering/ Technology/ Medicine/Architecture/Law; Professional qualification in Accountancy/Cost & Works Accountancy/Company Secretaryship.
University of Madras Distance Education Admission 2020 Application Process
- Candidates can obtain the application form from the University Website www.unom.ac.in or www.ideunom.ac.in
- The application form duly filled-in and signed by the candidate along with all the original certificates mentioned above (a,b,c) for admission to UG/ PG/MCA/PG Diploma/Diploma/Certificate Courses be submitted to the Single Window / Online Admission Section at the Institute of Distance Education at Chepauk, for admission (The Original Certificates will be returned immediately, after verification)
- Students can make their payments by using the generated fee challan with the bank designated by the Institute of Distance Education, University of Madras. The challan has three identical parts, Viz. Bank Copy, IDE Copy and Student Copy. The BANK will retain bank copy and return the IDE copy and student copy to the student. The IDE copy of the BANK Challan should be submitted to the University where they seek Admissions and collect study materials, ID cards etc., The student copy should be preserved carefully by the student as a proof of payment
- Online Fee Payment System only: Students should remit their Tuition Fee through Online Payment Gateway System provided in the Website: www.ideunom.ac.in. Students are advised to make use of this facility.
- UG/PG/MCA Application Fee: Rs. 200/-
- MBA Application Fee: Rs. 500/-
- Candidates pursuing any other course of study at this Institute are eligible for admission to one additional course viz. Certificate or Diploma Level offered by this Institute
- Admission to candidates who have qualified from other Universities/Bodies will be considered only on the condition that their previous qualifications are recognized by this University. However, action will be taken to recognize the examination of a recognized University provided the syllabus of the qualifying examination is produced by the candidate, subject to approval by the authorities of this University.
MCA and MBA Admission
- A pass in Entrance Test conducted by the IDE, University of Madras, Chennai. Entrance Test Fee of Rs. 400/- payable through online only.
- Entrance Test will be held at the IDE Buildings, University of Madras, Chepauk, Chennai - 600 005 for the candidates applied through Single Window Admission counter.
- The date of Entrance Test and Time will be intimated separately for candidates applied through online. www.ideunom.ac.in
For more details visit the official website
University of Madras IDE
The Additional Controller of Examinations, Institute of Distance Education University of Madras IDE Buildings, Chepauk, Chennai - 600 005, Telephone: 044-044-2539 2231, 2561 3704, 2561 3718, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, website: www.ideunom.ac.in.