TNOU B.Ed Distance Education Admission 2019, Dates, Application
TNOU notifies B.Ed. (Tamil/English) Distance Mode Admission for January 2019 Session
TNOU B.Ed Distance Education Admission 2019 - Tamil Nadu Open University (TNOU) is conducting the Entrance Examination for admission to B.Ed. Program for January 2019 Batch. Interested candidates can check all the details of TNOU B.Ed. Admission 2019 like application form, eligibility criteria, selection procedure etc from this page given below.
B.Ed. Program of TNOU
- The B.Ed., Program is offered through 10 Learner Support Centres approved by the Tamil Nadu Open University and recognized by the Nation Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) distributed in the State of Tamil Nadu.
Also See : Distance Education 2019
TNOU B.Ed Distance Education Admission Dates 2019
- Downloading of B.Ed. (General) Application & Prospectus from TNOU’s Official Website 11th September 2018
- Last Date for Admission into B.Ed.(General): 30th November 2018
- The B.Ed. Program (Distance mode) is of 2 years. However, the student teacher is permitted to complete within a maximum period of 5 years, after the enrolment.
- The total strength of seats for B.Ed. admission is 1000. These candidates will be admitted to Tamil medium (500 students) and English medium (500 students) based on the rank list separately prepared for each medium; 100 seats will be allotted to each Program Study Centre
Medium of Instruction
- The medium of instruction for B.Ed. (Distance Mode) is Tamil and English. Application is common for both English and Tamil medium of B.Ed. Program.
Major Subjects Offered under B.Ed. Program
The following Major Subjects are offered under B.Ed. Degree Program
- Social Science
- Computer Science
|B.Ed. Entrance Exam Preparation Practice Test (Latest updated) - MCQ Questions Bank Software from Previous B.Ed. Entrance Exams Question Papers >> Details|
Eligibility Criteria for TNOU Distance B.Ed. Admission 2019
- The candidates should have passed the UG degree examination in 11+1+3 or 10+2+3 stream; candidates who have direct UG Degree without +2 qualification/post-graduate degree without a UG degree are not eligible.
- PG Degree (5 years Integrated Course) under 10+2+5 or 11+1+5 pattern shall be considered for admission; but the marks obtained by the candidate in the first three years (major and allied) only taken into account for admission to the B.Ed.SE Degree Course.
- The candidates qualified in PG Degree and secured 50% of marks with the same major subjects in UG Degree, but not fulfilling the minimum percentage of marks required in UG Degree as per community/category-wise will be eligible to apply
- Trained In-service teachers with D.T.Ed in any Govt. recognized school within Tamil Nadu State
- Candidates who have completed a NCTE recognized teacher education program through face-to-face mode
- Marks obtained by the candidates in the UG Degree Course Part-III & IV Major Allied including Practical [Tamil I English I Science I Mathematics I Social Science I Computer Science] alone shall be taken into account to arrive at the percentage of marks mentioned above
- OC - 50%
- BC/BCM - 45%
- MBC/DNC - 43%
- SC/ST/SCA - 40%
- The Selection of candidates will be on the basis of the marks secured in the qualifying UG / PG Degree Examination. Tamil Nadu Open University B.Ed. admission are made strictly only on the basis of merit
- The Program Fee is Rs 50000/- for the entire program of two years; the total fee is to be paid at the time of admission in the form of DD drawn in favour of Tamil Nadu Open University, payable at Chennai
- Rs.1000/-; Postal Fee Rs.2000/-; Tuition Fee Rs.18000/-; Book Fee Rs.18000/-; Practical Fee 10000/-; Practical Exam Fee Rs.1000/- (Note: Fee once paid is not refundable)
TNOU B.Ed Distance Education Admission 2019 Application Form
- The Prospectus-cum-Application form can be downloaded from the website www.tnou.ac.in
- Candidates must use the Application for Feb-2018 OMR Coding Application attached with the Prospectus only. Photocopy/reproduction/unauthorized printed copy of the application form will not be entertained
- Candidates should clearly write their Postal Address on the Acknowledgement Card attached with the Application and affix Rs.6/- postage stamp. The University will not be responsible for any delay or loss of application form sent by post
- The cost of application is Rs.500/-. The cost of application must be paid in the form of Demand Draft drawn from any Nationalized Bank / Scheduled Bank in favour of "Tamil Nadu Open University", payable at Chennai
- Filled-in applications should be sent to the University official address only
- For more information regarding Admission in B.Ed. Program visit the University Website: www.tnou.ac.in
Tamil Nadu Open University, Chennai, School of Education, (Distance Mode) Tamil Nadu Open University, No.577, Anna Salai, Saidapet, Chennai-600015, Tel.: 044-24306617, Website www.tnou.ac.in