Legal Education through Distance Learning Law Courses
See this page in HINDI >>
Legal Learning through Distance Education
DISTANCE education and open learning are turnkey solutions in making education more accessible to the masses. In the era of knowledge revolution the traditional practice of classroom teaching known as ‘the brick and mortar education’ proves in effective in reaching out to those who desire an education, feels S B Mujumdar, founder, symbiosis. According to Mujumdur distance learning opens fresh opportunities to obtain higher education without the constraints of location and time. This is particularly relevant in the context of India, considering its huge population and geographical distances.
To extend education to more people, the government is taking initiatives to promote distance education. One such initiative is the formation of the Distance Education Council.
The legal profession, to is increasingly waking up to the benefits of distance education. To begin with information revolution and globalization have had their impact on the legal profession. Today legal professionals are required to constantly upgrade their knowledge. Cyber laws, intellectual property law (copyright, patentes, trademarks, designs), Technology law (IT), securities law, ADR (alternative dispute resolution) are some of the areas within the legal discipline that are constantly evolving.
There are several reputed law schools and universities in India, which offer legal courses via the online and distance learning mode. These post-graduate courses are particularly beneficial for practicing legal professionals like LLBs, company secretaries, chartered accountants and MBAs who require focused and in depth knowledge on the subject. These courses can give them the advantage of learning while working.
SOME COURSES PROVIDED BY NATIONAL LAW SCHOOLS
NATIONAL LAW SCHOOL OF INDIA UNIVERSITY (NLSIU), BANGALORE
- Two year Master of Business Laws (MBI.)
- One year PG Diploma in Human Rights Law
- One Year PG Diploma in Medical Law and Ethics
- One year PG Diploma in Environmental Law
- One year PG Diploma in Intellectual Property Rights Law
- Post Graduate Diploma in Patents Law
- Post Graduate Diploma in Media Laws
- Post Graduate Diploma in Cyber Laws
- Post Graduate Diploma in International Humanitarian Law
- Three year Masters Degree in Criminal Law, Criminology and Forensic Science
- Three year Masters Degree in Trade Related Laws
- One year Post Graduate Diploma in Security Laws and Management
- One year Post Graduate Diploma in Intellectual Property Laws.
- Three months course on intellectual property Right in the Internet
- Fifteen-week general course on intellectual property (DL-101)
- (This course is currently offered free-of-charge, twice a year)
- Two and half month advanced course on copyright and related rights (DL-201 E)
- One and half month course on electronic commerce and intellectual property (DL 202 E)
- Two and half month course on biotechnology and intellectual property (DL-204E)
SOME LAW COURSES OFFERED BY OTHER UNIVERSITIES IN INDIA
- One year diploma in law of taxation
- Three year BAL (Bachelor of academic laws)
- Three year BBL (Bachelor of business law)
- Two year BGL (Bachelor of general laws)
- One Year Diploma in labour laws with administrative law
- One year PG Diploma in criminology and forensic science
- PG certificate programme in cyber laws
- PG certificate programme in Indian Patents law
- IP regime and human rights
- One year postgraduate diploma in general insurance law and practice