Indian Maritime University announces Common Entrance Test (CET) for Admission to DNS Program for February 2021 session
Indian Maritime University DNS CET 2021 – Indian Maritime University invites application for Admission to Diploma in Nautical Science (DNS) Program in Affiliated Institutes of Indian Maritime University (IMU), Chennai for the Academic Year 2021-22. Admissions to the February 2021 Batch of the DNS Program will be through all-India Online Common Entrance Tests (CET) which will be conducted on Saturday, 04th January 2020 between 11.00 am and 02.00 pm
Read on for more details on Indian Maritime University DNS CET 2021
Indian Maritime University DNS CET 2021 Important Dates
- Opening of Registration – 10th February 2021
- Last Date of Registration – 28th February 2021
- Hall Ticket can be downloaded from (tentatively) – 04th March 2021
- Conduct of Mock Test – 09th March 2021
- Date for Computer Based CET – 13th March 2021
- Date for Publication of Results (tentatively) – 17th March 2021
- Commencement of Academic Session – 01st April 2021
List of Affiliated Institutes
- Anglo Eastern Maritime Academy, Mumbai
- Applied Research International, New Delhi
- International Maritime Institute, New Delhi
- Maritime Training Institute, (SCI) Mumbai
- Samundra Institute of Maritime Studies, Mumbai
- The Great Eastern Institute of Maritime Studies, Mumbai Seats
- Training Ship Rahaman, Mumbai
Eligibility Criteria for Indian Maritime University DNS CET 2021
- 10+2 or equivalent (PCM-60% average) OR
- B. Sc in Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry or Electronics with Physics as an individual subject in one of the year, with an average of not less than 55% of the marks in the final year. OR
- B.E./B.Tech Degree from IIT or from a college recognised by AICTE with an average of not less than 50% of the marks in the final year.
Note: The candidate should have a minimum of 50% marks in English subject in 10th/12th/Degree examinations.
Relaxation for SC/ST candidates
- There will be a 5% relaxation in eligibility marks; however, it will not apply to English marks.
- Relaxation of 5% in English marks will be applicable to candidates who are native of the Lakshadweep and Andaman & Nicobar islands and belongs to their Scheduled Tribes and who & both of whose parents were born in those islands & belong to the Scheduled Tribes of those island.
Age limit :
Age as on the date of admission on 03 February 2020 shall be as follows:
- Minimum age – 17 years
- Maximum age – 25 Years
- For Male: Gen-25 years, OBC(NCL) – 28 years, SC/ST-30 years For Female Gen-27 years OBC(NCL) – 30 years SC/ST – 32 years
Physical Fitness :
- Candidates seeking admission to the Diploma in Nautical Science must be medically fit including eyesight and hearing as prescribed in the Merchant Shipping (Medical Examination) Rules, 2000, as amended.
- At the time of admission, candidates will be required to produce certificate of medical fitness issued by doctors approved by the Directorate General of Shipping, Mumbai. The list of approved doctors is available at http://www.dgshipping.gov.in/Cont ent/MaritimeHealthBranch.asp x
- There shall be no evidence of any morbid condition of either eye or of the lids of either eye which may be liable to risk of aggravation or recurrence. Candidates must possess good binocular vision (Fusion faculty and full field of vision in both eyes).
Indian Maritime University DNS CET 2021 Application Process
- Eligible candidates can apply online through the official website https://www.imu.edu.in/
- For online Registration, Applicants should visit the website of the Indian Maritime University website: www.imu.edu.in and click on the CET February 2021 batch
- Online Registration of Applicants with facility to upload photographs, scanned signature, scanned copy of the 10th Std. Mark sheet as proof of Date of Birth, scanned copy of 12th Std./ Degree Certificate (wherever applicable), scanned copy of the SC/ST/OBC(NCL)/General-EWS certificate (wherever applicable) and other relevant certificates (wherever applicable).
- The candidates will be able to make payment for the Registration Fees Online, and download and print the filled-in application in standard formats.
- For General/OBC-NCL candidates – Rs. 1000/-
- For SC/ST Candidates – Rs. 700/-
- Mode of Payment – Online through Credit card/Debit card/Net Banking
- Admissions to the February 2021 Batch of the DNS Programme in Affiliated Institutes of IMU will be through all-India Online Proctored Common Entrance Test (CET) which will be conducted on 13.03.2021, Saturday between 11:00 AM and 02:00 PM.
- Candidates will be required to qualify in this Online Proctored CET in order to be eligible for admissions to the DNS Programme at the Affiliated Institute.
DNS CET 2021 – Exam Pattern
- Mode of Exam – Online mode
- Duration – 3 hours
- Type of Question – Multiple choice Questions
- No. of Questions – 200
- Negative marking – There will be no negative marking for wrong answers.
- English, General Aptitude, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics at Plus 2 level.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website
Indian Maritime University
Indian Maritime University, East Coast Road, Semmencherry, Chennai – 600119, Phone :+91 (44) 2453 9020, Email : email@example.com, website: www.imu.edu.in