Himachal Pradesh Technical University announces Common Entrance Test (HP CET) 2021 for admission to B.Tech, M.Tech, B.Pharm, B.Pharm (Ayurveda), M.Pharm, MCA and MBA Courses
HPCET 2021 – Himachal Pradesh Technical University will conduct HPCET 2021 (Himachal Pradesh Common Entrance Test) for admissions to various Undergraduate and Post – Undergraduate courses like B.Tech. M.Tech. B.Pharmacy, B.Pharmacy (Ayurveda), M.Pharmacy, MCA and MBA in the Affiliated Colleges/Institutes & University Schools & Off-Campus.
The admission to all the courses shall be made on the basis of merit or rank/marks obtained in the National Level Entrance Test- HPCET-2021, subject to fulfillment of minimum educational qualification.
- UG Programs : B. Tech (Direct Entry), B. Tech (Lateral Entry), B. Pharmacy (Direct Entry), B. Pharmacy (Ayurveda), B. Pharmacy (Lateral Entry), B. Architecture, B. Sc (HM & CT/BHMCT), BCA, BBA
- PG Programs : M. Tech, M. Pharmacy, MBA/MBA (T & HM), MCA (Direct), M. Sc in Physics, M. Sc Environmental Science,
- PG Diploma : PG Diploma in Yoga
HPCET 2021 Important Dates
- Application Process : Ongoing
- Last date for filling Online Application Forms for all UG PG courses – 10th August 2021
- Date of HP Common Entrance Test – To be announced
Eligibility Criteria for HPCET 2021
For UG Program
- B. Tech (Direct) : Passed 10+2 or its equivalent examination from a recognized Board or University with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry/ Biotechnology/Biology/ Technical Vocational subject securing at least 45% marks (40% in case of candidate belonging to reserved category).
- B. Tech (Lateral Entry) : Passed B.Sc degree/Diploma examination from an AICTE approved institution; with at least 45% marks (40% in case of candidates belonging to H.P. Takniki Shiksha Board. Provided seats under lateral entry reserved category) in any branch of Engineering and Technology.
- B. Pharm. (Direct Entry) : Passed 10+2 examination with Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects along with one of the Mathematics/ Biology subject securing at least 45% marks (40% in case of candidate belonging to reserved category).
- B. Pharm. (Lateral Entry) : Passed Diploma Examination in D. Pharmacy from an institution approved by the Pharmacy Council of India.
- B. Pharm. (Ayurveda) : Passed 10+2 examination from a recognized Board with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as compulsory subjects with at least 45% marks (40% in case of candidate belonging to reserved category)
- B.Arch. (Direct Entry) : Passed 10+2 examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as mandatory subjects with 50% in aggregate or candidates who have Passed Diploma examination with Mathematics as compulsory subject having obtained at least 50% marks in the aggregate.
- BHMCT, BSc, BBA & BCA : Passed 10+2 examination in any stream from a Board recognized or established by the Central/State Government. Through legislation shall be eligible to apply. Further the candidate should have obtained at least 50% marks (45% in case of candidate belonging to SC/ST category)
For PG Program
- M. Tech : Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in the relevant field obtaining at least 50% marks (45% marks in case of candidate belonging to reserved category) at the qualifying examination.
- M. Pharmacy : Bachelor Degree in Pharmacy or equivalent degree obtaining at least 55% marks (50% marks in case of candidate belonging to reserved category) at the qualifying examination.
- MBA/ MBA (T&HM) : Bachelor’s degree of minimum three years duration with at least 50% marks (45% marks in case of candidate belonging to reserved category) at the qualifying examination.
- MCA, MSc, & PG Diploma : Passed BCA/ B.Sc./ B.Com./ B.A. with Mathematics at 10+2 Level or at Graduation Level (with additional bridge Courses as per the norms of the concerned University). Obtained at least 50% marks (45% marks in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) in the qualifying Examination.
- UG courses – The maximum age limit is 22 years in case of boys, 24 years in case of girls and 25 years in case of SC/ST (Both boys and girls) as on 1st July of admission year.
- PG courses – The Maximum age limit is 26 years in case of Boys,28 years in case of girls and 29 years in case of SC/ST (Both boys and girls) as on 1st July for admission year.
HPCET 2021 Application Process
- Eligible candidates can apply online through official website https://www.himtu.ac.in/
- The candidates desirous to seek admission to various courses during 2021-22 are required to apply on the prescribed form online. Only those applicants, who apply online before the last date and satisfy the eligibility criteria, will be considered for admission. A separate application is required to be submitted for each program.
- Before filling the application form read the instructions carefully and follow them strictly. Visit the University website /http://himtu.ac.in for online submission of application form.
- For candidate of General category – Rs. 1550/-
- For candidate of SC/ST/BPL Category – Rs. 1400/-
- Mode of Payment – Through online Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking
- For Direct Entry Merit of National Level Entrance Test and qualifying Examination.
- For Lateral Entry- Merit of Diploma/Qualifying Examination.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website