NATBOARD DNB Final Exam (Broad Specialty) 2018
Notification for NATBOARD (NBE) DNB Final Examination (Broad Specialties) December 2018
NATBOARD DNB Final Exam (Broad Specialty) 2018 - The Diplomate of National Board (DNB) invites applications form eligible candidates for Final Examination (Broad Specialty) during the admission session December 2018
DNB-Final December 2018 - Details
- National Board of Examination (NBE) has released notification for eligible candidates for admission into various Broad and Super Specialities for the academic year 2018-19 for December Session.
- The Application Form for various Courses of Broad/Super Specialities has been started. Eligible candidates can check the complete information of DNB Final Exam December 2018 like application process, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, and selection process through the page below.
About the NBE
- NBE at present conducts Postgraduate & Postdoctoral Exams in approved specialties leading to the award of DNB. The MCI has laid down standards for P.G. Exams conducted by various Medical Colleges & affiliated to concerned Universities and Other institutions, yet the levels of proficiency and standards of evaluation vary considerably in these institutions.
- The Exams conducted by NBE provide a common standard and mechanism of evaluation of minimum level of attainment of the knowledge and competencies of medical specialties.
Important Dates for DNB Final Exam 2018
- Last Date of Submission of Application Form (DNB Final Exam): 12th October 2018
- Hard Copy of printed applications must reach the NBE office by 22nd October 2018
- Candidates willing to apply for DNB Final - ONLY PRACTICAL Exam - December 2018 Session can submit their online applications latest by 31st January 2019
- Date of Exam (Broad Specialty):
- Friday - 07th December 2018 [Paper-I 09.30 AM. - 12.30 PM.]
- Saturday - 08th December 2018 [Paper- II 09.30 AM. - 12.30 PM. & Paper- III 02.00 PM. - 05.00 PM.]
- Sunday - 09th December 2018 [Paper- IV 09.30 AM. - 12.30 PM.]
- [Practical Only: Mar/Apr/May 2019* final scheduled for each specialty may vary]
DNB - Broad Specialty Courses
- List of DNB Specialties in which Final Exams shall be conducted in December 2018
- Anaesthesiology; Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy; Family Medicine; General Medicine; General Surgery; Nuclear Medicine; Obstetrics & Gynaecology; Ophthalmology; Orthopaedics; Oto-Rhino-Laryngology; Paediatrics; Pathology; Psychiatry; Radio Diagnosis; Radiotherapy; Social & Preventive Medicine/Community Medicine; Tuberculosis & Respiratory Diseases / Pulmonary Medicine; Emergency Medicine
For more details on full courses lists, mentioned at Annexure-II visit the website www.natboard.edu.in
DNB Final Exam 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- DNB Candidates: Candidates who have undergone training as a DNB trainee at any National Board of Examinations accredited institute or any medical college/university recognized institute after having registered with NBE as a DNB trainee and are completing their prescribed (as per registration letter) training as DNB trainee as per the following schedule:
- Cut-off date for completion of DNB Training - 30th June 2019
- Submission of Training Completion Certificate along with leave records for DNB trainees is an essential pre-requisite. In case the candidate does not submit the training Completion certificate (as per applicable format given in Annexure III & IV) with the application form, his/her application may be rejected, and fees forfeited.
- Candidates who have passed the final exam leading to the award of Post Graduate Degree from Indian Universities which are duly recognized as per provisions of Indian Medical Council Act 1956 i.e. have passed the final exams for MD/MS degrees on or before 30th September 2018 can apply for the DNB Final exam in same broad specialty.
- Submission of proof of having passed the MD/MS Final Examination on or before 30th September 2018 is an essential prerequisite. In case the candidate does not submit the requisite proof of passing MD/MS before 30th September 2018, his/ her application shall be rejected & fees forfeited
- Candidates who are registered with the Board and completing their prescribed training (as per the registration letter) by 30th June 2019 are eligible to appear in DNB Final Exam. Submission of Training Completion Certificate along with leave records for DNB trainees is an essential pre-requisite.
- Candidates not completing their DNB training at the time of submitting the application are required to submit provisional training completion certificate as per format in Annexure-III along with leave records and also required to submit Annexure-IV within 15 days of completion of their training.
- Such candidates shall be provisionally allowed to appear for DNB Exam at sole discretion of NBE and subject to compliance of eligibility criteria prescribed.
Exam Pattern (Broad Specialties)
a) Theory Exam
- (i) The theory exam comprises of four papers, maximum marks 100 each; (ii) there are 10 short notes of 10 marks each, in each of the papers; the number of short notes and their respective marks weightage may vary in some subjects/some papers; (iii) maximum time permitted is 3 hours.
- (iv) Candidate must score at least 200/400 in the aggregate of 4 papers to qualify the theory exam. Grace marks of up to 2% of maximum marks i.e. 8/400 shall be given only to the candidates falling in the zone of consideration i.e. securing between 192-199 marks out of 400
- (v) Only those candidates who have qualified the Theory Exam are permitted to take up the Practical Exam
b) Practical Exam
- (i) Maximum Marks: 300; (ii) Comprises of Clinical Exam and Viva; (iii) Candidate must obtain a minimum of 150/300 marks in the Clinical Exam (including Viva) to qualify for the Practical Exam. There is no provision for grace marks in Practical Exam.; (iv) There is a maximum of three attempts that can be availed by a candidate for Practical Exam; (v) First attempt is the Practical Exam following immediately after the declaration of theory results
- (vi) Second & Third attempt in Practical Exam shall be permitted out of the next three sessions of practical exams placed along with the next three successive theory exam sessions; after payment of full exam fees as may be prescribed by NBE; (vii) Assentation from Practical Exam is counted as an attempt.
Date of Exam
a) Theory (Broad Specialty) - Friday 07th December 2018
- Paper- I 09.30 AM to 12.30 PM
- Saturday 08th December 2018
- Paper- II 09.30 AM - 12.30 PM
- Paper- III 02.00 PM – 05.00 PM
- Sunday 09th December 2018
- Paper- IV 09.30 AM - 12.30 PM
- The date, time and venue of Practical Exam shall be intimated to all eligible candidates through letters sent by post/email
- The date, time and venue will also be displayed at the website: www.natboard.edu.in
Centres for FINAL Exam
- The tentative/proposed list of various theory centers is Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Chennai, Delhi, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai, Nagpur, Pune, Thiruvananthapuram, and Varanasi
- The admit card of the candidate shall be uploaded on website. Candidates are required to take print out of their admit card from the website, paste their photograph at the designated place and appear at the exam centre along with an original and valid/non-expired ID proof which can be any one of the following:
- Pan Card
- Driving License
- Voter ID
- Aadhaar Card (with Photograph)
Application Procedure for DNB Final Exam 2018
- DNB Final Examination (Broad Specialties) December 2018 has been notified
- Candidates are advised to carefully go through the Information Bulletin before filling the online application form.
- The online Application for DNB Final Exam (Broad Specialties) is available at www.exam.natboard.edu.in
- Candidates can submit their online application form on or before 12th October 2018
- Candidate will be able to print the hard copy of online application form on successful completion of online application form. While filling the online application form please note that all the fields marked “*” are mandatory.
- Candidate can register for DNB Final Exam (Broad Specialties) only once against their primary mobile number and primary email ID. The scanned photograph and signature to be uploaded must be in jpg/ jpeg format and should not be more than 100KB size
- After successful submission of online application form candidate has the following documents (self-attracted or certified) to the National Board of Exams, Ansari Nagar, Mahatma Gandhi Marg (Ring Road), New Delhi-110029 latest by 22nd October 2018
- Printed copy of application form downloaded from the website after successful submission
- Candidates should go through the bulletin carefully for eligibility criteria before writing to the Board’s Office; queries pertaining to eligibility and other issues will only be entertained if the information requested is not given in bulletin or on website www.natboard.edu.in
Exam Fee for DNB Final Exam 2018
- DNB Exam Fee - Rs.5500/-; Registration Fee - Nil & Total Fee Rs.5500/-
- MD/MS Exam Fee - Rs.5500/-; Registration Fee Rs.1000/- & Total Fee Rs.6500/-
- 2nd /3rd attempt for only Practical Exam - Rs.5500/-
- Cost of Bulletin and Application Form Rs.1000/-
Deposition of Fees
- By Cash Deposit: The fee as above can be deposited at any branch of the Indian Bank or Axis Bank; The list of branches of Axis Bank and Indian Bank can be seen at their website www.axisbank.com and www.indianbank.in respectively
- Kindly use the pay-in-slip provided along with this Information Bulletin for this purpose
National Board of Examination (NBE) New Delhi
Medical Enclave, Ansari Nagar, Mahatma Gandhi Marg (Ring Road), New Delhi-110029, Tel.: 011-45593000, Email: email@example.com, Website www.natboard.edu.in