Idiom and Phrases – Lesson 1
Today’s Idiom is – TO BREAK THE ICE
To get beyond the first uncomfortable feelings or difficulties in starting a conversation and create a more relaxed atmosphere.
1. The speaker broke the ice with a joke before the conference began.
2. Using humor to break the ice is a good way to start a conversation.
3. I’m just trying to break the ice.
4. The interviewer broke the ice by asking how I had arrived.
5. Nobody was enjoying the party until the host finally was able to break the ice.