UPSC CDS Exam (I) 2023 Application Form, Dates, Eligibility, Syllabus, Exam Pattern
UPSC CDS (I) 2023 Exam – Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) will be releasing the notification for the Combined Defence Services Examination I (CDS Exam I) 2023. UPSC CDS Exam is held for recruiting candidates for the course conducted by Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officers Training Academy. The CDS exam is conducted twice in a year.
UPSC CDS Exam (I) 2023
Name of the Course and Approximate No. of Vacancies:
- Indian Military Academy, Dehradun–156th (DE) Course commencing in January, 2024 [including 13 vacancies reserved for NCC ‘C’ Certificate (Army Wing) holders] : 100
- Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala—Course commencing in January, 2024 Executive Branch (General Service)/Hydro [including 06 vacancies for NCC ‘C’ Certificate (Naval Wing through NCC Special Entry ) holders ]. : 22
- Air Force Academy, Hyderabad—(Pre-Flying)Training Course commencing in January, 2024 i.e. No. 215 F(P) Course. [including 03 vacancies are reserved for NCC `C’ Certificate (Air Wing) holders through NCC Spl. Entry] : 32
- Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai (Madras)—119th SSC (Men) (NT) (UPSC) Course commencing in April, 2024 : 170
- Officers Training Academy, Chennai (Madras) 33rd SSC Women (NT) (UPSC) Course commencing in April, 2024. : 17
- Total Vacancies : 341
- Submission of Online Application Form started from: 21st December 2022
- Last Date for Submitting of Application Form: 10th January 2023 till 6:00PM.
- The online Applications can be withdrawn from 18.01.2023 to 24.01.2023 till 6.00 PM.
- Admit Card Available : Before Exam
- Exam Date : 16th April 2023
- Result Declared : Notified Soon
- Candidates are advised to check the eligibility criteria before applying for the CDS I 2023 exam. Candidates should fulfill the eligibility criteria of the UPSC CDS exam at the following levels:
- The candidate must be a citizen of India or
- A subject of Bhutan or Nepal or
- A Tibetan refugee who came here to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention to settle down here permanently or
- An Indian origin person migrated from Burma, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, and East African Countries viz. Uganda, Kenya, Zambia, Zaire, Malawi, Ethiopia, the United Republic of Tanzania, and Vietnam with the intention to settle down here permanently.
- Candidates must submit the certificate of eligibility in case of point No. (ii) to (iv).
- For IMA—Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January, 2000 and not later than 1st January, 2005 only are eligible.
- For Indian Naval Academy—Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January, 2000 and not later than 1st January, 2005 only are eligible.
- For Air Force Academy—20 to 24 years as on 1st January, 2024 i.e. born not earlier than 2nd January, 2000 and not later than 1st January, 2004 (Upper age limit for candidates holding valid and current Commercial Pilot Licence issued by DGCA (India) is relaxable up to 26 yrs. i.e. born not earlier than 2nd January, 1998 and not later than 1st January, 2004 only are eligible.
- Note: Candidates below 25 years of age must be unmarried. Marriage is not permitted during training. Married candidates above 25 years of age are eligible to apply but during the training period they will neither be provided married accommodation nor can they live with family out of the premises.
- For Officers’ Training Academy—(SSC Course for men) unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January, 1999 and not later than 1st January, 2005 only are eligible.
- For Officers’ Training Academy—(SSC Women Non-Technical Course) Unmarried women, issueless widows who have not remarried and issueless divorcees (in possession of divorce documents) who have not remarried are eligible. They should have been born not earlier than 2nd January, 1999 and not later than 1st January, 2005.
- For I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai — Degree of a recognised University or equivalent.
- For Indian Naval Academy— Degree in Engineering from a recognised University/Institution
- For Air Force Academy—Degree of a recognised University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.
- Graduates with first choice as Army/Navy/Air Force are to submit proof of Graduation/provisional certificates on the date of commencement of the SSB Interview at the SSB.
Physical Standards (CDS Eligibility)
- Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to Combined Defence Services Exam (I), 2023 as per guidelines are given in Appendix-IV.
How to Apply for CDS (I) 2023 – Application Form
- Candidates are required to apply online by using the website http://upsconline.nic.in
- It is essential for the applicant to register himself/herself first at One Time Registration (OTR) platform, available on the Commission’s website, and then proceed for filling up the online application for the examination.
- OTR has to be registered only once in lifetime. This can be done anytime throughout the year. If the candidate is already registered, he/she can proceed straightway for filling up the online application for the examination.
- General/ OBC – Rs 200 (No Fee for female/ SC/ ST candidates)
- Payment Mode – By depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of SBI
- Candidates will be provided admission to INA, IMA, Air Force Academy, and Officers’ Training Academy through Written Exam, Personality Test and Interview.
- Candidates will be placed in the order of merit on the basis of the total marks secured by them in the written exam and in the SSB tests
CDS I 2023 Exam Pattern
- Written Examination
- Intelligence & Personality Interview
For Admission to Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy and Air Force Academy:—
|General Knowledge||12||100||2 hours|
|Elementary Mathematics||13||100||2 hours|
For Admission to Officers’ Training Academy :—
|General Knowledge||12||100||2 hours|
The papers in all the subjects will consist of objective type questions only. The question papers (Test Booklets) of General Knowledge and Elementary Mathematics will be set bilingually in Hindi as well as English.
Exam syllabus available on prospectus
UPSC CDS I 2023 Admit Card
- The eligible candidates shall be issued an e-Admit Card three weeks before the commencement of the examination. The e-Admit Card will be made available on the UPSC website ( http://upsc.gov.in) for downloading by candidates.
- Lieutenant Level – 10 56,100 -1,77,500
- Captain Level 10B – 61,300- 1,93,900
- Major Level 11 – 69,400 – 2,07,200
- Lieutenant Colonel Level 12A – 1,21,200 – 2,12,400
- Colonel Level 13 – 1,30,600-2,15,900
- Brigadier Level 13A – 1,39,600-2,17,600
- Major General Level 14 – 1,44,200-2,18,200
- Lieutenant General HAG Scale Level 15 – 1,82,200-2,24,100
- HAG+Scale Level 16 – 2,05,400 – 2,24,400
- VCOAS/Army Cdr/ Lieutenant General (NFSG) Level 17 – 2,25,000/-(fixed)
- COAS Level 18 – 2,50,000/-(fixed)
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website