Letter of Enquiry Class 10 | Enquiry Letter Format, Enquiry Letter Class 10 to 12 and Examples
How to Write an Letter of Enquiry for Class 10 ?
Letter of Enquiry – An Enquiry letter is a formal letter, written to enquire and get details regarding something that a person wants to gain further knowledge about.
The method for writing a letter of Enquiry has been discussed in detail here (stepwise). The students can see how to compose an enquiry letter and practice writing the following method and format given below.
Important Questions and Answers
|Class 10 Science Important Questions and Answer|
|Class 10 Social Science Important Questions and Answers|
|Class 10 English Important Questions and Answers|
|Class 12 English Important Questions and Answers|
Letter of Enquiry
An Inquiry letter is a formal letter, written to enquire and get details regarding something that a person is interested in. It could be written with respect to an item that a person is interested in buying, a course that a person wants to study, a vacation trip that a person wants to go on, etc.
As the sender of a letter of Enquiry needs information about something, the enquiry letter must mention the contact details of the sender where the said information has to be sent. It must contain the particulars of the thing enquired about.
It must also list down all the aspects of the thing about which the sender wants detailed information.
Letter of Enquiry Format
The Enquiry Letter Format is as follows –
1. Sender’s address: Include an email and phone number, if required.
2. Date: Below address. Leave one space or line.
3. Receiver’s address
4. The subject of the letter
5. Salutation (Sir / respected sir / madam)
Paragraph 1: Introduce yourself and the purpose of writing the letter
Paragraph 2: Detail of the enquiry
Paragraph 3: Conclude / end
7. Complimentary Closing
8. Sender’s name, signature and designation (if any)
Enquiry Letter Samples
Here are a few examples of inquiry letters. Students can get an idea of the format of enquiry letter and how to write an inquiry letter by learning from these samples
1. You intend to join coaching classes at Success Coaching Centre situated in Chennai. The institute specializes in teaching science to classes XI – XII. Write a letter of enquiry in 100 – 120 words addressed to the Administrator in – charge of the institute seeking clarification about the timing, duration, staff, transport and other necessary details for joining the institute. You are Sonia / Shiv of 2, Murthi Road, Chennai.
2, Murthi Road
Date : 20th March 2018
Success Coaching Centre
Subject : Enquiry for Class XI – XII two year study course.
Respected Sir / Madam
I am Sonia, a student of class X of KV, Murthi Nagar Chennai. I want to pursue non-medical stream and am planning to join a coaching class for the same. I came to know that your institute is the best and so I am keen to join it. I am interested in joining the two year classroom course. Kindly give me the following details-
- Details of the course structure.
- The timing of the class.
- The details of the faculty.
- Availability of transport facility.
- Fee structure for the course.
I request you to reply at the earliest so that I can take a decision.
2. You are Mrs. / Mr. Gupta. Your son is a student of Class XII and wants to pursue a course in Mass Communication. Write a letter in 120-150 words to the Dean, Institute of Mass Communication, University of Delhi, seeking information about the course admission procedure, eligibility criteria, fee structure, hostel facilities, placement opportunities,etc.
302, Hi life Apartments
Date 12 October 2022
Institute of Mass Communication
University of Delhi
Subject : Enquiry for course in Bachelor of Mass Communication.
I am Mrs. Gupta M/O Saransh Gupta. My son is studying in Class XII and wants to pursue Mass Communication. So, I am writing to you to enquiry about the said course. Kindly give me the following details.
I want to know the course content, course duration, fee structure, eligibility criteria, admission procedure for the B. Mass. Comm. Degree course. Also, information on hostel availability will be required. Also, I want to know about the placement opportunities that will be available to my son once he completes the course.
Kindly give any other additional information that you think is required.
Please reply with the same at the earliest so that I can make an informed decision.
Phone Number XXXXXXX
Important Videos Links
To see a solved example of an Enquiry Letter, Please see the video below –
Also See :
5. Order letter
- Learn English Writing Skills
- Essay writing in English, Topics, Examples, and Format
- Ten tips on writing a good essay
- Class 10 English Lessons – Explanation
- Class 12 English Lessons Explanation
- Free Online English Test – MCQ Test Series
- Report Writing Format, Tips, Topics