The full form of BCG is Bacillus Calmette-Guerin. It is a vaccine given to protect against tuberculosis. Two French Bacteriologists named Camille Guerin and Albert Calmette had developed it in 1921. Over the years, it was adopted by several countries in order to vaccinate them against TB. Apart from that, it is also given to people who suffer from Bladder Tumour or Bladder Cancer. BCG vaccine is Mycobacterium Bovis’ weakest strain. It is one of the bacteria responsible for causing TB. BCG vaccine helps the human body to produce antibodies against the TB virus leading to immunity against TB.
Full Form Related Links
- Admission and Entrance Exam Notification Sept. 17, 2021
- CAT 2021 Registration deadline extended, Check New Date
- AFCAT (2) 2021 Results declared, steps to check
- AWMI Full Form, What is the Full form of AWMI?
- AFB Full Form, What is the Full form of AFB ?
- AFI Full Form, What is the Full form of AFI ?
- ATP Full Form, What is the Full form of ATP ?
- AC Full Form, What is the Full form of AC ?