UPSC Indian Statistical Service Examination 2021 Notification (released)
UPSC ISS 2021 Examination – Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released the notification for Indian Statistical Service (ISS) Examination 2021.
Interested and eligible candidates can check the details on UPSC ISS Entrance Exam 2021 from the page below and apply for the same on or before 27th April 2021
UPSC ISS Exam 2021
- A Combined Competitive Exam for Recruitment to Junior Time Scale of the Services mentioned in Para 2 below will be held by the Union Public Service Commission commencing from 16th July 2021 in accordance with the Rules published by the Ministry of Statistics & Program Implementation in the Gazette of India dated the 07th April 2021
UPSC ISS Examination 2021 Important Dates
- UPSC IES ISS Notification Date: 07th April 2021
- Starting Date of UPSC IES ISS Online Application: 07th April 2021
- Last Date of UPSC IES ISS Registration: 27th April 2021 till 6 PM
- The online Applications can be withdrawn from 04th May to 10th May 2021
- UPSC IES ISS Exam Date: 16th July 2021 till 3 days
- UPSC IES ISS Admit Card Date: Second or Third Week of June 2021
No. of Vacancy
- Services to which recruitment is to be made on the results of this exam and the approx. number of vacancies in Junior Scale of the Services are given below
- Indian Statistical Service: 11 Seats
- Note: 01 vacancy has been kept reserved for Persons with Benchmark Disabilities in the category of Blindness or Low Vision.
Eligibility Criteria for UPSC ISS Examination 2021
- A candidate may compete for any one of the Service only viz. the Indian Statistical Service, for which he/she is eligible in terms of the Rules
- A candidate must be either (a) a Citizen of India, (b) a subject of Nepal, (c) a subject of Bhutan, (d) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before the 01st January 1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India or; (e) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India
- Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) & (e) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Govt. of India.
- A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on 01st August 2021 i.e he/she must have been born not earlier than 2nd August 1991 and not later than 01st August 2000.
The upper age-limit prescribed above will be relaxable
- Up to a maximum of 5 years if a candidate belongs to a SC/ST
- 3 years in the case of candidate belonging to OBC who are eligible
- Up to a maximum of 5 years (J &K) during the period from the 01st August 2021
- Up to a maximum of 3 years in the case of DSP
- Up to a maximum of 5 years in the case of ex-servicemen including CO and ECOs/SSCOs
- 10 years in the case of blind, deaf-mute and orthopedically disabled persons
- A candidate for the Indian Statistical Service must have obtained a Bachelor’s Degree with Statistics/ Mathematical Statistics/Applied Statistics as one of the subject or a Master’s degree in Statistics/ Mathematical Statistics/Applied Statistics from a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other Educational Institutes established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as University u/s 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 or a Foreign University approved by the Central Govt. from time to time.
- Note: A candidate, who has appeared at an exam the passing of which would render them eligible to appear at this examination, but have not been informed of the result, may apply for admission to the exam
UPSC ISS Examination 2021 Application Process
- Candidates are required to apply online using the www.upsconline.nic.in
- Detailed instructions for filling up Online Applications are available on the above-mentioned website. The applicants are advised to submit only a single application.
- The applicants who are submitting multiple applications should note that only the applications with higher RID (Registration ID) shall be entertained by the Commission and fee paid against one RID shall not be adjusted against any other RID
- All candidates, whether already in Govt. Service, or in Govt. owned industrial undertakings or other similar organizations or in private employment should apply directly to the Commission
- For more information visit the website www.upsconline.nic.in
- Candidates (excepting Female/SC/ST/PH candidates who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay a fee of Rs.200/-
- Payment – Branch of SBI by cash or by using Net Banking facility of SBI, State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur/State Bank of Hyderabad/State Bank of Mysore/State Bank of Patiala/State Bank of Travancore or by using Visa/Master Credit/Debit Card
UPSC ISS 2021 Exam Pattern
- General English – 100 marks
- General Studies – 100 marks
- Statistics-I (Objective) – 200 marks
- Statistics-II (Objective) – 200 marks
- Statistics-III (Descriptive) – 200 marks
- Statistics-IV (Descriptive) – 200 marks
- Statistics I and II will be of Objective Type Questions (80 questions with maximum marks of 200 in each paper) to be attempted in 120 minutes.
- Statistics III and IV will be of Descriptive Type having Short Answer/ Small Problems Questions (50%) and Long Answer and Comprehension problem questions (50%). At least one Short Answer and One Long Answer Question from each section is compulsory.
- In Statistics-IV, equal number of questions i.e. 50% weightage from all the sub-sections below and candidates have to choose any two subsections and answer.
- The papers on General English and General Studies will be of subjective type.
Scheme of Exam
- UPSC ISS 2021 exam will be conducted in two parts. The first part will be a written exam carrying a maximum of 100 marks while the second part will be viva-voce of such candidates as may be called by UPSC. The viva-voce carries a maximum of 200 marks.
- Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standard for admission to Indian Statistical Service Exam 2021 as per Regulations given in Appendix III of the rules for the Indian Statistical Service Exam 2021 published in Gazette of India
UPSC ISS 2021 Admit Card
- It will be only possible to download the ISS 2021 admit card through the official web portal of Union Public Service Commission
- Do not expect your admit card in the Physical mode as it will be only downloaded from the official website www.upsconline.nic.in
- The Exam will be held at the following centers – Ahmedabad; Jaipur; Allahabad; Jammu; Bangalore; Kolkata; Bhopal; Lucknow; Chandigarh; Mumbai; Chennai; Patna; Cuttack; Shillong; Delhi; Shimla; Dispur; Thiruvananthapuram; Hyderabad
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website