NTA notifies National Eligibility Test (UGC NET) December 2022 Examination, Apply now
UGC NET 2022 December – National Testing Agency (NTA) on behalf of the University Grants Commission (UGC) has released the notification for the National Eligibility Test (NET) 2022 December Examination. The examination is conducted to determine the eligibility of Indian nationals for ‘Assistant Professor’ and ‘Junior Research Fellowship and Assistant Professor’ in Indian universities and colleges.
The National Testing Agency (NTA) will conduct UGC-NET December 2022 in 83 subjects in Computer Based Test (CBT) mode.
UGC NET 2022 December Examination
UGC NET 2022 December Dates
- Start of UGC NET Dec 2022 Application Form: 29th December 2022
- Last date to apply for UGC NET Dec 2022 Exam: 17th January 2023 (upto to 05:00 PM)
- Last Date for Submission of Exam Fee (through Credit Card/ Debit Card/Net Banking /UPI: 18th January 2023 (upto 11:50 PM)
- Correction in the Particulars of Application Form online only: 19th – 20th January 2023 (upto 11:50 PM)
- Announcement of City of Exam Centre: First week of the February 2023
- Downloading of Admit Card from NTA
- Website Second week of the February 2023
- Dates of E: Second week of the February 2023
- UGC NET Dec 2022 Exam Date: 21st February to 10th March 2023
- NET Exam Answer Key Release Date: To be notified
- UGC NET Dec 2022 Result Announcement: To be notified
UGC NET 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Age Limit and Relaxation
- A relaxation of upto 5 years is provided to the candidates belonging to OBC-NCL (as per the Central list of OBC available on website: www.ncbc.nic.in)/SC/ST/PwD/Third gender categories and to women applicants.
- Relaxation will also be provided to the candidates with research experience, limited to the period spent on research in the relevant / related subject of post-graduation degree, subject to a maximum of 5 years, on production of a certificate from appropriate authority, which should be a recognized Indian university / Institute of National Importance / foreign university which is duly approved / recognized / accredited in its own Country / Public Sector Undertaking of Government of India / State Government in India. The research should not have been carried out towards completion of graduation or post-graduation degree(s). Three years relaxation in age will be permissible to the candidates with L.L.M. degree. A relaxation of upto 5 years is provided to the candidates who have served in the armed forces subject to the length of service in the armed forces upto the first day of the month in which the concerned UGC-NET is conducted, i.e., 01.12.2023.
- Total age relaxation on the above ground(s) shall not exceed five years under any circumstances..
For Assistant Professor
- There is no upper age limit for applying for Assistant Professor
- General/Unreserved/General-EWS candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree or equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognized by UGC (available on the website: www.ugc.ac.in in Humanities and Social Science (including languages), Computer Science and Applications, Electronic Science etc. are eligible for this Test. List of subjects at Postgraduate level is available in an information brochure.
- The Other Backward Classes (OBC) belonging to Non-Creamy Layer/Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST)/Persons with Disability (PwD)/Third gender category candidates who have secured at least 50% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s degree or equivalent examination are eligible for this Test.
- Candidates who are pursuing their Master’s degree or equivalent course or candidates who have appeared for their qualifying Master’s degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this test. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for award of JRF/eligibility for Assistant Professor only after they have passed their Master’s Degree or equivalent examination with at least 55% marks (50% marks in case of OBC-NCL/ SC / ST / PwD / Third gender category candidates). Such candidates must complete their Master’s degree or equivalent examination within two years from the date of NET result with required percentage of marks, failing which they shall be treated as disqualified.
- Candidates belonging to the Third gender category are eligible to draw the same relaxation in fee, age and Eligibility Criteria for NET (i.e. JRF and Assistant Professor) as are available to SC/ST/PwD categories. The subject-wise qualifying cut-offs for this category would be the lowest among those for SC / ST / PwD / OBC–NCL / General-EWS categories in the corresponding subject.
- The Ph.D. degree holders whose Master’s level examination have been completed by 19 September 1991 (irrespective of date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e. from 55% to 50%) for appearing in NET. The list of Post-Graduation courses and their codes is given at Appendix – VI in information brochure.
- Candidates are advised to appear in the subject of their Post-Graduation only. The candidates, whose Post Graduation subject is not covered in the list of NET subjects attached as Appendix -V, may appear in a related subject.
- Candidates with post-graduate diploma/certificate awarded by Indian University/ Institute or foreign degree/diploma/certificate awarded by the foreign University/ institute should in their own interest, ascertain the equivalence of their diploma/degree/ certificate with Master’s degree of recognized Indian universities from Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi (www.aiu.ac.in)..
Exemption (Eligibility for Assistant Professor)
- NET/SET/SLET shall remain the minimum eligibility condition for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professors in Universities/Colleges/ Institutions. In this regard, exemption from NET/SET/SLET will be governed by UGC regulations and amendments notified in the Gazette of India from time to time.
- The candidates who have passed the UGC/CSIR/ JRF examination prior to 1989 are also exempted from appearing in NET.
- The candidates who have cleared the States Eligibility Test (SET) accredited by UGC for Assistant Professor held prior to 1st June 2002, are exempted from appearing in NET, and are eligible to apply for Assistant Professor anywhere in India. For SET held from 1st June 2002 onwards, the qualified candidates are eligible to apply for the post of Assistant Professor only in the universities/colleges situated in the State from where they have cleared their SET.
How to apply for UGC NET 2022 December Exam – Application Process
- Candidates can apply for UGC-NET December 2022 in “Online” mode only.
- Submission of Online Application Form may be done by accessing the NTA website www.ntanet.nic.in & https://ugcnet.nta.nic.in/
- Only one application is to be submitted by a candidate. More than one application i.e. multiple Application Forms submitted by a candidate will not be accepted.
- Candidates must read carefully the Instructions (including how to fill up the Application Form online) given in the Information Bulletin available on the NTA Website
Follow the steps given below to Apply Online:
- Step-1 – Register for Online Registration using your own Email ID and Mobile No. and note down system generated Application Number.
- Step-2 – Complete the Online Application Form and note down the system generated Application Number.
- Step-3 – Upload legible scanned images of: (i) a recent photograph (in jpg/ jpeg file, size 10Kb – 200Kb) either in colour or black & white with 80% face (without mask) visible including ears against white background; (ii) candidate’s signature (file size: 4kb – 30kb);
- Step-4 – Pay fee using the Payment Gateway(s)/Payment Modes of concerned Banks/Paytm integrated to the Online Application and keep proof of fee paid.
- All the 4 Steps can be done together or at separate timings.
- For General/Unreserved Candidates – Rs. 1100/-
- For Gen-EWS / OBC-NCL Candidates – Rs. 550/-
- For SC/ST/ PwD Candidates – Rs. 275/-
- Mode of Payment – Online (through Credit Card/ Debit Card/Net Banking & Paytm Payment Modes
UGC NET 2022 Admit Card
- Candidate has to download the Admit Card from the NTA website and appear for the Exam at the given Centre on date, shift, time and discipline as indicated in his/her Admit Card
- In case a candidate is unable to download Admit Card from the website, he/she may approach the Help Line of NTA between 09:30 am to 5:30 pm or write to NTA at: email@example.com
UGC NET 2022 Exam Pattern
- The Test will consist of two papers. Both the papers will consist of objective type, multiple choice questions. There will be no break between papers.
- Mode of Exam: Computer Based Test (CBT) mode
- Timing of Exam: First Shift: 09.00 am to 12.00 pm: Second Shift: 03.00 pm to 06.00 pm
- Question Paper Language: English & Hindi only
- Duration of Exam: 03 hours (180 minutes) without any break
- Types of Questions: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
- No. of Questions: Paper I – 150 questions: Paper II – 100 questions
- Total Marks: Paper I – 100 Marks: Paper II – 200 Marks
- Marking Scheme: Each question carries 02 (two) marks. For each correct response, the candidate will get 02 (two) marks.
- Negative Marking: There is no negative marking for incorrect response.
UGC NET 2022 Subject & Syllabus of Test
- Paper I – The questions in Paper I intend to assess the teaching/ research aptitude of the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, reading comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate
- Paper II – This is based on the subject selected by the candidate and will assess domain knowledge
For more detail and to apply online visit the official website
- Latest Entrance Exam Notification and Dates 2023
- Medical Entrance Exam 2023
- Engineering Entrance Exam 2023
- MBA Entrance Exams 2023