SCI Graduate Marine Engineers (GME) Course Admission 2019
Maritime Training Institute Mumbai announces Graduate Marine Engineers (GME) 2019
SCI Graduate Marine Engineers (GME) Course Admission 2019 - Applications are invited from Unmarried Mechanical Engineers for admission to Graduate Marine Engineers (GME) Course at SCI Maritime Training Institute at Powai, Mumbai, for session 2019
About GME Course
- GME course is conducted at SCI’s Maritime Training Institute at Powai, Mumbai. This course is approved by Directorate General of Shipping (DGS). GME course comprises of pre-sea training of 08 months at MTI Powai and structured shipboard training of 10 months thereafter on ships operated by SCI.
Also See: Marine Engineering Admissions 2019
No. of Seats
- The number of seats is 40 (Unreserved (UR)-20, Other Backward Caste (OBC)-11, Schedule Caste (SC)-06, & Schedule Tribes (ST)-03)
Eligibility Criteria for SCI Graduate Marine Engineers (GME) Course 2019
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering (BE /B Tech in Mechanical Engineering) from AICTE Approved Engineering College. Equivalent degree or degree with specialization or electives other than above educational qualification is not acceptable
- Engineering degree certificate /Provisional degree certificate/Marks Sheet with minimum 50% marks in final year of Engineering at the time of interview
- However, candidates should have secured at least 50% marks in English language at 10th or 10th + 2 class
- Not more than 28 years of age as on date of interview.
- Relaxation of age for SC/ST candidates - 5 years.
- Relaxation of age for women candidates - 2 years.
- For Male - Rs.450,000/-
- For Female - Rs.400,000/-
- Candidate must have good health and be fit for sea service as per existing MS Medical rules 2000/MLC 2006 applicable to seafarers
Also See: Engineering Entrance Exams 2019
Selection Procedure for SCI Graduate Marine Engineers (GME) Admission 2019
- Eligible candidates will be required to appear in the All India online test at their own expenses and only candidates qualifying in the online test will be called for Personal Interview in the ratio of 1:3. (3 candidates called against 1 vacancy) keeping the provision of reservation for SC/ST/OBC
- The Shipping Corporation of India Ltd. reserves the right to shortlist the candidates for online test also
Exam Pattern for SCI Graduate Marine Engineers Course 2019
- The online exam shall be of two (02) hours duration, which will be in the form of multiple choice questions (MCQs). The online exam will focus on MCQ’s on Quantitative Aptitude test, Professional Knowledge test, English Language test and Reasoning Ability test
- The questions of the test will be bilingual (English and Hindi). Candidate MUST PASS in each of the objective tests to qualify for personnel interview.
- The passing Marks in each test will be decided on the basis of the performance of all the competing candidates in each test
- The online examination will be held at Mumbai, New Delhi, Kolkata, and Chennai only. Candidates will have to choose a test centre, nearest from their home town and the same cannot be changed after the form is submitted online.
- However, the Shipping Corporation of India reserves the right to cancel or add any test centre or change the centre chosen by the candidate.
SCI GME Course 2019 Application Fees
- Rs.1000/- for General (UR) and OBC Candidates
- Rs.100/- for SC, ST & Female candidates, excluding NEFT bank charges
- Before filling online application, form candidates must Deposit the application fees. National Electronic Funds Transfer (NEFT) and obtain UTR number or by Online banking and obtain transaction number from respective bank immediately after fees deposited
- Candidates may check the details on below URL for more information about NEFT: https://www.rbi.org.in/scripts/FAQView.aspx?Id=60
Application Procedure for SCI Graduate Marine Engineers (GME) Course 2019
- Candidates have to apply online through website www.shipindia.com
- After successful submission of online application form, candidates must take print out of application form. It is required at the time of document verification before interview.
- Filling of multiple applications will result in cancellation of all applications.
- A candidate MUST have valid Email ID and Mobile Number. All future communications and correspondence will be through Emails and our official website ONLY.
- Before applying, candidates must ensure that they fulfill all the eligibility criteria and norms as mentioned on this page.
- Before filling application form a candidate MUST read all instructions carefully given under the “General Information and Instructions” section.
Also See: Top Entrance Exams after 12th
Important Dates for SCI GME Course 2019
- Date of Commencement of Online Application: 21st January 2019
- Last Date of Submission of the Online Application by the Candidates: 11th February 2019
- Date of Online Examination: 17th February 2019
The Shipping Corporation of India Ltd., (A Govt. of India Enterprise), Fleet Personnel Department, Regd. Office - “Shipping House”, 245, Madame Cama Road, Mumbai-400021 Website www.shipindia.com
Get Free Entrance Exam Alerts and College Admission Guidance >> Click here