RL Institute of Nautical Sciences BTech Marine Engineering Course 2018
RLINS B.Tech. (Marine Engineering) Admission 2018
R L Institute of Nautical Sciences (RLINS) invites admission application for B.Tech. (Marine Engineering) Course the academic year 2018
Candidates will be Second year of B.Tech Marine EngineeringCourse. Interested candidates can visit the official website or the same can be checked through the link provided below
- B.Tech.(Marine Engineering)
Also See : Engineering Entrance Exams
- Last Date for Registration of IMU Registration Form: 11th May 2018
- Date for Practice/Mock Up Test:
- Practice Test: 30th May 2018 (Except all Sundays and Holidays)
- Morning Session(10AM) - Online Test
- Afternoon Session (2PM - Doubt Clarification)
- Various standards & criteria has been set for the candidates who are aspiring to take admission in Marine Engineering in RLINS 2018. They are listed below.
- Pass in Senior Secondary Examination (10+2) or its equivalent from any Govt. recognised Board. Minimum 60% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM).
- Minimum 50% marks in English either in Class X or Class XII.
- For admission to B.Tech (Marine Engineering) degree course, it is mandatory to pass the Common Entrance Test conducted by Indian Maritime University, which is known as IMU CET.
- Institute receives the Annexure which furnishes +2 marks along with copy of mark sheet & Candidate will be provisionally selected based on the marks and pass in IMU-CET. Selected candidate will be issued with a Provisional Admission Letter online. Hard copy will be sent to the candidate simultaneously by post
- Provisionally selected candidate must undergo medical examination by Directorate General of Shipping approved doctors identified by the Institute will conduct medical Examination and eye test at selected centers
- Candidate can choose any of the doctors listed in the website. Pay Rs.2500/- directly to the Doctor towards medical examination charges. The Doctor will inform the candidate as well as the Institute about his medical fitness
Second Eye Test
- Candidate, confirmed for admission, will have to undergo a second eye test at Madurai by the Institute’s Ophthalmologist before the start of the course
- In case the candidate’s eye sight is proved defective in the Second Eye test, his admission will stand cancelled and the fees paid will be refunded after deducting the applicable administrative charges as per the refund rules of the Institute.
- This second eye test is conducted at Madurai to safeguard the interest of the students and to ensure 100% compliance with the required norms. This will also avoid any problem to the candidate at a later date with the Shipping Company or any employer related to shipping industry
Reservation of Seats
- Candidate can reserve the seat in RLINS by paying Rs.5000/- which will be adjusted against first semester fees. Reservation fee of Rs.5000/- to be paid by any of the following options:
- Send through any bank by NEFT (National Electronic Fund Transfer). The following details are to be furnished to the bank for sending the fees through NEFT mode.
- Name of beneficiary: R.L. Institute of Nautical Sciences
- Name & Address of beneficiary’s Bank: City Union Bank, 70, Tamil Sangam Road, Madurai – 625 001, Account No.:027109000119084, IFSC Code: CIUB0000027
- After making payment through NEFT mode, the banker will give you a UNIQUE TRANSACTION RECEIPT number called UTR Number. This UTR Number must be furnished by the candidate in the online application form
- Send Demand Draft drawn in favour of R.L. Institute of Nautical Sciences, payable at Madurai. The same is to be sent to the following address along with a print out of the form submitted online
- The Principal
- R.L. Institute of Nautical Sciences, TVR Nagar, Aruppukottai Road, Madurai-625022, Phone No.: 0452-391 8615/8614
- If the candidate does not want to reserve the seat the application can be submitted online without payment of Rs.5000/-. If the candidate does not want to take admission due to non-eligibility, the reservation fees paid by the candidate will be refunded
- If the eligible candidate does not want to take admission for any other reason, the reservation fees paid will not be refunded.
Also See: Marine Engineering Admissions 2019
- The IMU online Registration form is available in IMU Website www.imu.edu.in
- Candidate fulfilling all the eligibility criteria should apply online and after generating the application number, annexure form can also be submitted by providing the application number & date of birth. Link to apply is given below
- Click Here to fill Online Application Form for RLINS B.Tech admission 2018
- Click Here to submit the annexure
- Application Fees: Registration fees is Rs.1000/- for general candidates and Rs.700/- for Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe candidates to be paid to IMU
- For filling up the form at RLINS candidate has to come in person with the following original documents - 10th mark list; Birth Certificate; Community Certificate(for SC/ST/OBC candidates,wherever applicable); Passport size Colour photographs
- An amount of Rs. 1030/- (General Category Candidates) & Rs. 730/- (SC/ST Category Candidates)
- Submission of Annexure and Mark Sheet
- An Annexure of the application is to be filled and submitted online by the candidate. This he can do after the publication of his respective examination results and award of marks. The candidate will submit the copy of the following documents.
- Mark Sheets of 10th and 12th; Transfer Certificate; Conduct Certificate; Birth Certificate; Community Certificate (for SC/ST Candidate) along with filled annexure form
R L Institute of Nautical Sciences, T.V.R Nagar, Aruppukottai Road,Madurai-625022 (Tamil Nadu), Fax No: 91-0452-3918 618, Email: email@example.com, Website www.imu.edu.in
Get Free Entrance Exam Alerts and College Admission Guidance >> Click here