Jadavpur University announces Admission to Postgraduate Degree Program for Session 2021-22
Jadavpur University PG Admission 2021 – Jadavpur University has invited applications for admission to Postgraduate Degree Programs (M.E. / M. Tech / M. Pharm / M. Arch / MMD) under faculty council of Engineering & Technology (FET) and Faculty Council of Interdisciplinary Studies, Law And Management (FISLM) for the session 2021-22
Candidates can check the post below for more details on Jadavpur University PG Admission 2021 and apply for the same on or before July 29, 2021
Jadavpur University PG Admission 2021 Important Dates
- Application portal opens on : 15th July 2021
- Last date of submission of Application Form : 29th July 2021
- Admissions to these programmes of the Institute are open under the following categories-
- Category A : GATE / GPAT for candidates qualified through GATE / GPAT and having a valid GATE / GPAT result in terms of the validity period and the cut-off marks in the candidate’s respective reservation category, if any.
- Award of scholarships for GATE / GPAT qualified candidates is not the responsibility of the University. The candidates with valid GATE / GPAT score, who will be admitted to a programme duly approved by the concerned authority, are to apply for the scholarship directly to the concerned regulatory authority, when notified for doing so and will start to enjoy the scholarship directly from the authority if sanctioned by the respective authority.
- Category B : Sponsored for in-service professionals with a minimum experience, as stipulated in the eligibility condition, after passing the qualifying degree and duly sponsored by his/her employer.
- Category C : Self-Sponsored for candidates satisfying minimum eligibility condition with or without valid GATE/GPAT score for specified programmes only and fulfilling other programme specific criteria, if any.
Eligibility Criteria for Jadavpur University PG Admission 2021
- Candidates must have Bachelor’s Degree with minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 6.75 in a scale of 10 (or 60% marks) for General Candidate and minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 6.15 (54%) for OBC (both A & B) – Non-Creamy Layer Candidates and minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 5.25 (45%) for SC / ST Candidates.
- For the P.G. Programme in Mechanical Engineering (all specialisation) it is essential to have minimum Grade Point Average of 7.25 (or 65%) for General candidates and minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 6.6 (58.5%) for OBC (both A & B) – Non-Creamy Layer Candidates and minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 5.625 (48.75%) for SC / ST Candidates.
- Candidates passing Membership / Associate Membership Examination in the appropriate discipline conducted by the Government of India approved professional bodies, namely, Institution of Engineers (India) / Indian Institute of Architects / Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers / Institute of Electronics Telecommunication Engineers /
- Indian Institute of Metals with the same minimum GPA (or marks) as mentioned above are also eligible for admission to the corresponding programmes subject to production of the AICTE approval of the course document.
- Candidates who have appeared / are due to appear at the qualifying examination in the session 2019-2020 may also apply under Category (A) or (C). They must have Arithmetic Average of Grade Point (GPA) of 6.75 in a scale of 10 (or 60% marks) for General Candidate and 6.15 (54%) for OBC (both A & B) – Non-Creamy Layer Candidates and 5.25 (45%) for SC / ST Candidates.
- For more details, eligibility criteria, visit the University Website www.jaduniv.edu.in
Jadavpur University PG Admission 2021 Application Process
- Candidates are advised to visit the website http://www.jaduniv.edu. and Apply Online.
- For admission to the M.E. / M.Tech / M.Pharm / M.Arch / MMD programmes under FET and FISLM of Jadavpur University for the session 2021-2022 a candidate is to apply online through link https://admissionju.jadavpuruniversity.in/fetadmission from July 15 to 29, 2021.
- An individual can submit only One application. Submission of multiple application forms by one individual may lead to cancellation of all the applications without any further correspondence.
- For programmes not offering any specialisation, the programme will be considered as one option and for programmes offering two or more specialisations each specialisation will be considered as separate options.
- Candidates are advised to carefully read the information and follow the instructions given in this Information Brochure before filling up the online Application Form.
- Application Fee : Rs. 1000/- (Rupees One Thousand only)
- Mode of Payment : Online through Debit card/Credit card/Net Banking
- No admission test will be conducted for applicants of any Category (Category A – GATE / GPAT Candidates/Category B – Sponsored Candidates/Category C – Self Sponsored Candidates) for admission to any M.E. / M.Tech / M.Pharm / M.Arch / MMD programmes under FET and FISLM of Jadavpur University for the session 2021-22. Allotment of seats shall be based upon the category wise merit list prepared as per following norms and considering the preference of the candidate.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website