University of Calcutta M.Tech Admission 2019, Eligibility, Application, Dates
University of Calcutta Kolkata Admission to M.Tech Course 2019-20
University of Calcutta M.Tech Admission 2019 - University College of Science and Technology Applications are invited for admission in following M.Tech Courses for the Session 2019-2020
Also See : Engineering Entrance Exams
Details of M.Tech Course Offered
2 Yr. (4 Semesters) Full Time M.Tech. Courses
- (1) Radio Physics & Electronics (RPE, Code No.101); (2) VLSI DESIGN (VLSI, Code No.102) (Self Financing); (3) Computer Sc. & Engg. (CSE, Code no.104); (4) Information Technology (IT, Code no.105) Self Financing); (5) Electrical Engineering (EE, Code No.108); (6) Instrumentation and Control Engineering (ICE, Code No.109); (7) Optics and Optoelectronics (OO, Code No.107); (8) Chemical Engineering (CE, Code No.112); (9) Polymer Science & Technology (PST, Code No.117); (10) Ceramic Engineering (CR, Code No.113); (11) Oil Technology (OT, Code No.114); (12) Petrochemical & Petroleum Refinery Engineering (PE, Code No.115); (13) Pharmaceutical Technology (PT, Code No.116); (14) Biomedical Instrumentation (BMI, Code No.119) (Self Financing).
3 Yr. (6 Semesters) Part Time M.Tech. Courses
- (15) Electrical Engineering (EE-PT, Code No.110) (Self Financing); (16) Instrumentation & Control Engineering (ICE-PT, Code No.111), (Self Financing); (17) Computer Engineering & Application (CEA-PT, Code No.106) (Self Financing); (18) VLSI Design (VLSI-PT, Code No.103) (Self Financing).
- All the above 18 courses are held in the University College of Science & Technology, Rashbehari Siksha Prangan (C.U. Rajabazar Science College Campus) 92, A.P.C. Road, Kolkata – 700009 and Technology Campus, A.P.C. Siksha Prangan, JD-2, Salt Lake, Sector – III, Kolkata – 700106
- (19) 2 yr. (4 semesters) M. Tech. Course in Textile Technology (Technical Textiles) (TT Code No.118) in the Dept. of Jute & Fibre Technology, 35 B.C. Road, Kolkata – 700019.
University of Calcutta M.Tech Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Last Date of Online Application: 31st May to 10th June 2019
- Online fee Deposition through bill desk: 31st May to 10th June 2019
Also See: M.Tech Admission 2019
Eligibility Criteria for University of Calcutta M.Tech Admission 2019
- General eligibility of different courses mentioned in General Eligibility Part and other details of eligibility mentioned under general admission rule.
- That 60% of total non-sponsored seats to be earmarked for current year B.Tech/MCA students of the University of Calcutta: -marked as PART - “A” & the remaining 40% of total non-sponsored seats be opened to both Non C.U. students & all CU students like, the current year B.Tech/MCA C.U. students, previous years C.U students & C..U. other disciplines students - marked as PART–B.
- Please see admission notice for eligibility, Admission and seats which is available on www.caluniv-ucsta.net
University of Calcutta M.Tech Admission 2019 Selection Procedure
- Selection will be made on the basis of merit.
- Merit list of PART A: Merit list of C.U. current year B.Tech./ MCA students (if eligible) those are exempted from Entrance Test and OR Interview under Party-A , 70% weightage to be given on the GATE marks obtained (out of 100) & 30% weightage to be given on the marks obtained in the last qualifying examination. The above mode of selection under Part- A is applicable for 2 Yr. M.Tech. course in RPE, VLSI, CSE, IT, EE, ICE, OO, CE, PST, CR, OT, PT, PE, and TT.
- Where valid GATE qualified score is not mandatory, the marks obtained in GATE will be considered though not qualified in GATE. C.U. current year B.Tech. / MCA Students can apply in both Part A & Part B. Valid GATE qualified Score is not mandatory for C.U. students if not specifically mentioned.
- Merit list of PART B: Merit list of both C.U. & Non C.U. Students under Part B ; 70% weightage to be given on the GATE marks obtained (out of 100) and 20 % weightage to be given on marks obtained in the Entrance Test & rest 10% weightage on Interview. The above mode of selection in Part B is applicable for 2 Yr. M.Tech. Course in RPE, VLSI, CSE, IT, OO, EE, ICE, CE, PST, CR, OT, PT, PF and TT. Where valid GATE qualified score is not mandatory, the marks obtained in GATE will be considered though not qualified in GATE
- In case where both of GATE marks obtained (out of 100) and or normalized marks obtained (out of 100), the normalized marks will be considered. On other cases, where there is no normalized mark, the marks obtained (out of 100) will be considered. In case of Pharmaceuticals & Fine Chemicals, proportionate marks of GPAT will be treated as equivalent to GATE marks.
Merit list of (2- Year Full Time M.Tech course in BMI) [ Non Sponsored]
- To prepare Merit list of both C.U. & Non C.U. Students ; 70% weightage to be given on the GATE marks obtained (out of 100) and 20 % weightage to be given on marks obtained in the Entrance Test & rest 10% weightage on Interview. MBBS candidates to be selected through interview only. Classification of PART -A & PART -B is not applicable for this course.
Merit list of (3-Year Part Time M.Tech courses)[Non Sponsored]
- All eligible candidates have to appear in Entrance Test and Interview. Final merit list will be prepared based on weightage in Entrance Test marks (50%) + Interview (50%) [ including additional weightage of in service candidate (in service candidate may get maximum 20 marks out of 50 of total interview marks, without service candidate will get 0 marks out of 20 allotted for in service criteria]. Certificate of employment, duly signed by an appropriate authority in the following prescribed proforma must accompany the application form, without which the weightage for ‘in service’ will not be included.
Merit list of [Sponsored ] for both 2 Yr. & 3 Yr. M.Tech. Courses
- All eligible candidates have to appear in Entrance Test and Interview. Final merit list will be prepared based on weightage in Entrance Test marks (50%) + Interview (50%). Qualifying score for Sponsored candidate should be 50% out of total score (100). GATE is not required in Sponsored Category and there shall be no weightage on GATE.
- MCQ type examination shall be applicable for the courses RPE,VLSI, VLSI (PT), CSE, IT, EE, ICE, OO, EE-PT & ICE-PT, CEA-PT,BMI, CE, TT
- The Entrance Test will be of MCQ type and duration of 1.30 hours. Full marks for each Entrance Test will be of 100. Number of questions in each test will be of 50 (marking as 1 to 50) and each question should have four options of answers (marking as A, B, C, and D) of which one will be correct answer. For each correct answer scoring will be +2 marks and for each wrong answer scoring will be -0.5 marks and zero for no try.
University of Calcutta M.Tech Admission 2019 Application Procedure
- C.U. candidate means the candidate who passed B. Tech../B.E./MCA/M.Sc. Examination from C.U. as eligibility degree for admission in relevant M. Tech. courses and Non-CU candidate means the candidate who passed the same degree from other University.
- Candidate should check the Eligibility Criteria of the course(s) he/she intends to apply very carefully.
- Separate application to be submitted for each course.
- Application is to be submitted through online only. No Hardcopy of Application Form will be issued. For online application please logon to www.caluniv-ucsta.net
- Mode of Payment: Online fee Deposition through Bill Desk Gateway.
University of Calcutta Kolkata
University College of Science & Technology, Rashbehari Siksha Prangan (C.U. Rajabazar Science College Campus) 92, APC Road, Kolkata-700009 and Technology Campus, APC Siksha Prangan, JD-2, Salt Lake, Sector-III, Kolkata-700098, Website www.caluniv.ac.in or www.caluniv-ucsta.net
Get Free Entrance Exam Alerts and College Admission Guidance >> Click here