NIELIT Calicut announces Admission to M.Tech Program in Embedded Systems and Electronics Design Technology for 2021 session
NIELIT Calicut M.Tech Admission 2021 – National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology (NIELIT), Calicut invites application for admission to M.Tech Program in Embedded Systems and M.Tech Program in Electronics Design and Technology for the academic session 2021-22.
- Following two M.Tech programs are offered at NIELIT Calicut approved by AICTE and affiliated to APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University, Kerala
- Embedded Systems
- Electronics Design Technology
NIELIT Calicut M.Tech Admission 2021 Important Dates
- Commencement of submission of online application :- 23rd June 2021
- Last Date for submission of online application :- 05th August 2021
- Online Counselling /Admission for GATE/ Sponsored Candidates :- 12th August 2021
- Online Counselling /Admission for all non-GATE Candidates :- 26th August 2021
- Reporting/ Commencement of Classes :- Will be announced later
Eligibility Criteria for NIELIT Calicut M.Tech Admission 2021
- The candidate shall be an Indian National.
- The candidate should have passed the B.Tech course or equivalent from an institution approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
- Candidates should have a minimum of 60% aggregate marks in the engineering degree examination. For SC/ST candidates, a pass in the engineering degree course is sufficient. For SEBC/PWD candidates, a minimum of 54% (aggregate) marks in the Engineering Degree examination is mandatory.
- Admission shall normally be restricted to those candidates who have a valid GATE Score.
- Non GATE candidates can also apply.
- Candidates who have appeared/going to appear for the final semester examination may also apply.
- Candidates who have passed AMIE/AMIETE Examination in Electronics and satisfying the following conditions are also eligible for admission.
- They must have a valid GATE score.
- A Minimum marks of 55% in section B in AMIE/AMIETE Examination.
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience in the field of specialization after acquiring the qualifying degree.
NIELIT Calicut M.Tech Admission 2021 Application Process
- Candidates should apply through on-line mode only.
- Application will be collected online only. On-line application link is available at – https://www.calicut.nielit.in/mtech/MTechApplication.aspx
- Candidates can apply for both the M.Tech program using a single application and with an application fee of Rs. 1000/-. Preferences of courses should be clearly mentioned in the application form.
- For General Candidates :- Rs 1000/-
- For SC/ST Candidates :- Rs 500/-
- Mode of Payment :- Through online mode
- The admission to the course shall be based on the following criteria:
- For General and SC/ST category admission, preference shall be given to candidates who have a valid GATE score and seats shall be filled based on merit (GATE Score Rank).
- Any seats unfilled by eligible GATE qualified candidates shall be filled with NON GATE candidates with preference to students from KERALA state, the selection of which shall be based on marks in the qualifying degree examination. They should produce a nativity certificate.
- In the case of students with the same GATE score then the selection shall be based on the marks in the Qualifying degree. In case a tie still exits, the selection shall be based on the marks in the next lower education qualification.
- For Sponsored candidates, minimum 2 years of experience on the date of application is required and they should produce the necessary certificates such as the Original sponsorship certificate (as per Annexure 1) and Original Experience Certificate at the time of counseling/admission.
- Selection of these candidates is based on marks in the qualifying examination and performance in the interview conducted by the selection committee.
- Counselling/interview to admission will be done in online mode only.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website