NIELIT Calicut M.Tech Admission 2019, Eligibility, Application, Dates
NIELIT Calicut M.Tech ES and M.Tech EDT Admission 2019
NIELIT Calicut M.Tech Admissions 2019 - National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology (NIELIT), Calicut invites application for admission to M.Tech Courses in Embedded Systems (ES) and Electronics Design Technology (EDT) for the batch of 2018-19
National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology (NIELIT) is an autonomous body of Ministry of Communications & Information Technology, Govt. of India. It is Premier Organization for Education, Training, R&D and Consultancy in Electronics & IT
The history of NIELIT dates back to 1974 when the Dept. of Electronics (DoE) now MeitY, Govt. of India and the UGC set up the first CEDT within the premises of Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore with assistance from Swiss Development Corporation
Important Dates for NIELIT Calicut M.Tech Admissions 2019
- Commencement of Issue of Application Forms 18th March 2019
- Last Date for Issue of Application Forms 31st May 2019
- Last Date for Receipt of Completed Application forms (before 5.00 pm) 07th June 2019
- Counselling/Admission for all sponsored and GATE students 10th June 2019
- Counselling/Admission for all non GATE candidates: 12th June 2019
- Commencement of classes: 01st August 2019
Following two M Tech Programs are approved by AICTE and affiliated to Dr APJ AK Technological University, Kerala
- Courses in Embedded Systems (ES)
- Electronics Design Technology (EDT)
Above M.Tech Programs are of two years duration having four semesters; these courses focus on practical design aspects of Embedded Systems and Electronic Product Design and are intended for students who wish to work in the Industry as Design Engineers
Distribution of Seats
M.Tech in Embedded Systems, Electronics Design Technology has 18 seats each. The seat distribution in each M.Tech is as given below.
- General - 10 Seats
- SC/ST - 03
- Sponsored - 05
- Reservations shall be as per the existing government rules
Eligibility Criteria for NIELIT Calicut M.Tech Admissions 2019
- The candidate shall be an Indian National
- The candidate should have passed the B.Tech course or equivalent from an institution approved by the All India Council for Technical Education
- Candidates should have a minimum of 60% aggregate marks in the engineering degree examination. For SC/ST candidates, a pass in the engineering degree course is sufficient. For SEBC/PWD candidates, a minimum of 54% (aggregate) marks in the Engineering Degree examination is mandatory.
- Admission shall normally be restricted to those candidates who have a valid GATE Score.
The eligible branches of engineering for each M.Tech are given under the eligibility criteria.
- Electronics & Communication Engineering (Embedded Systems)
- Electronics/ Electronics and Communication/ Electronics and Instrumentation
- Electrical and Electronics
- Applied Electronics and Instrumentation/ Instrumentation and Control
- Computer Science/ Computer Science and Engg.
- Information Technology
- Biomedical Engg/ Electronics and Biomedical Engg/ Biomedical
- Instrumentation Engg.
- And Valid GATE score in Electronics/ Electrical/ Instrumentation/ Computer Science/ IT/ Biomedical engineering subjects.
- Electronics & Communication Engineering (Electronics Design Technology)
- Electronics and Communication Engg.
- Electrical and Electronics Engg
- Applied Electronics and Instrumentation Engg/ Electronics and Instrumentation
- Engg./Instrumentation and Control Engg.
- Electronics and Biomedical Engg.
- And valid GATE score in Electronics/ Electrical/ Instrumentation/ Biomedical engineering subjects.
- However Non-GATE candidates can also apply. They will be considered against the vacancies due to lack of candidates with valid GATE score
- These unfilled GATE seats will be filled with NON-GATE candidates from Kerala State. They have to produce nativity certificate. If seats are still remaining vacant, candidates from other states will be considered for admission
- GATE score is not needed for Sponsored candidates
- Candidates who have passed AMIE/AMIETE Examination in Electronics and satisfying the following conditions are also eligible for admission
- They must have a valid GATE score
- A Minimum marks of 55% in section B in AMIE/AMIETE Exam
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in the field of specialization after acquiring the qualifying degree
- Such candidates may be considered for provisional admission. Any candidate admitted provisionally as mentioned above shall have to discontinue the course, if he/she does not produce the final complete mark list and provisional/degree certificate on or before 02nd September 2019
See: GATE Exam
NIELIT Calicut M.Tech Admissions 2019 Selection Process
The admission to the course shall be based on the following criteria:
- For General and SC/ST category admission, preference shall be given to candidates who have a valid GATE score
- Any seats unfilled by eligible GATE qualified candidates shall be filled with NON GATE candidates with preference to students from KERALA state, the selection of which shall be based on marks in the qualifying degree examination. They should produce nativity certificate.
- In the case of students with the same GATE score then the selection shall be based on the marks in the Qualifying degree.
- In case a tie still exits, the selection shall be based on the marks in the next lower degree.
- For Sponsored candidates, minimum 2 years of experience on the date of application is required and they should produce the necessary certificates such as the Original sponsorship certificate (as per Annexure 1) and Original Experience Certificate at the time of counselling/admission. Selection of these candidates is based on marks in the qualifying examination and performance in the interview conducted by the selection committee.
- Vacant Sponsored seats shall be filled with eligible candidates from the general list.
- The counselling/admission will be on 10-06-2019 for all candidates. All are requested to attend the counselling and admission in person on that day with the original mark lists, certificates and other necessary documents. Individual call letter will not be send to the candidates. Counseling will be done based on the selection list published on NIELIT Calicut website.
- Admission is subject to satisfying the requirements and availability of seats. Attending the counselling does not guarantee admission.
- Candidates offered admission will have to remit the one-year fees or at least one semester fees on the same day of counselling, failing which the admission is not guaranteed.
- Transfer Certificate issued from the institution last attended must be produced at the time of admission
- Fees shall be Rs 65,000/- per semester which includes the semester tuition fees of Rs 50,000/- and special laboratory tuition fees of Rs 15,000/-
- University affiliation fees is approximately Rs 3500/- Refundable caution deposit is Rs 5000/-. The semester fee is excluding the hostel and food charges
- Other university fees shall be extra for students of all categories. Semester exam fees shall be as decided by KTU from time to time
See: MTech Entrance Exams
- Candidates can pay the semester fees as well as the application processing fee of Rs 1000/- for general and Rs 500/- for SC/ST candidates either through Demand Draft (DD) or direct online payment or by using SBI Collect
NIELIT Calicut M.Tech Admissions 2019 Application Procedure
- Candidates should apply on-line. After filling all the required fields, a print out of the application should be taken and sent to the M. Tech coordinator, NIELIT Calicut along with the appropriate application fees
- Online application link is https://regn.calicut.nielit.in/MtechApplication.aspx
- In case the online mode is not possible, candidates may contact the M.Tech coordinator by mail, firstname.lastname@example.org or by mobile, 9446012566
- A passport size photograph taken not earlier than 3 months is to be affixed on the Application Form
- The photo in the application should be self-attested. Four more copies of the same photograph and one stamp size photograph should be produced at the time of counselling/admission
Email: email@example.com, Website www.calicut.nielit.in
Get Free Entrance Exam Alerts and College Admission Guidance >> Click here