IIIT Hyderabad announces Lateral Entry Entrance Examination for B.Tech and MS by Research Admission 2021
IIITH LEEE 2021 – International Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) Hyderabad invites application for Lateral Entry Entrance Examination (LEEE) for admission to Dual Degree programs Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) and Master of Science (MS) by Research for the academic year 2021-22.
- The LEEE mode is for lateral entry to dual degree programs. Graduates of the dual degree programs earn two degrees – B.Tech and MS. The Master’s degree requires the completion of a research thesis. The program prepares students for research-oriented jobs and higher studies. The duration of the program is 4 years.
- Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) in Electronics and Communication Engineering & Computer Science and Engineering
- Master of Science (MS) by Research in Electronics and Communication Engineering & Computer Science and Engineering
IIIT Hyderabad LEEE 2021 Important Dates
- Application Portal Opens – 20th February 2021
- Application Portal Closes – 24th March 2021
- Admit cards will be available from – 01st week of April 2021
- Date of Entrance Exam – 18th April 2021
- Date of Interviews – To be announced
Eligibility Criteria for IIIT Hyderabad LEEE 2021
The eligibility criteria for ECD and CSD programs are as below.
- For ECD – Applicants completing their 2nd year of B.E. / B.Tech. in ECE / ETE / EIE / EEE by July 2021
- For CSD – Applicants completing their 2nd year of B.E. / B.Tech. in CSE / IT by July 2021
- Applicants with an aggregate of 80% marks (or 8/10 cumulative grade point average) at the end of their 3rd semester are strongly encouraged to apply.
IIIT Hyderabad LEEE 2021 Application Process
Eligible candidates can apply online through the official website https://www.iiit.ac.in/
All applications should be submitted online in LEEE Portal https://ugadmissions.iiit.ac.in/leee_page.html
Only those applicants, who apply online before the last date and satisfy the eligibility criteria, will be considered for admission.
Before filling the on-line application form, read the information booklet and instructions for filling online application forms, etc. very carefully.
Application Fee – INR 2,000 (Non-refundable)
Mode of Payment -Online through credit card/debit card or net banking
Applicants in this mode need to appear for a computer-based lateral entry entrance examination (LEEE) conducted by IIIT Hyderabad.
Applicants for CSD program must appear for the Computer Science and Engineering exam while applicants for ECD program must appear for Electronics and Communication Engineering exam.
Candidates shortlisted from this exam will have to clear an interview to gain admission. The decision on the final offer of admission is solely based on the interview performance.
The exams are computer-based with objective questions. The syllabi for these exams are given below.
- Computer Science and Engineering Exam – General Aptitude, Discrete Mathematics, Digital Logic, Computer Organization, Data Structures, C-Programming
- Electronics and Communications Engineering Exam – General Aptitude, Digital Logic, Circuit Theory and Networks, Electronic Devices and Circuits, Signals and Systems
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website