ISTC CSIO Entrance Exam for Diploma Admission 2018
ISTC CSIO Diploma Courses 2018 through Entrance Exam
ISTC CSIO Entrance Exam for Diploma Admission 2018- Indo-Swiss Training Centre (ISTC) at CSIR CSIO, Chandigarh invites online applications for Admission to Diploma Courses duly approved by AICTE, New Delhi being conducted by. Entrance Test for admission to the courses will be held on 15th July 2018 (Sunday) at Chandigarh. Admission is open to both boys and girls
Presently, ISTC is offering following skill based Diploma Courses on regular basis:
- Advanced Diploma in Die & Mould Making (Duration: 4 Year) (15 seats)
- Advanced Diploma in Mechatronics & Industrial Automation (Duration: 4 Year) (15 seats)
- Diploma in Electronics Engineering (Duration: 3 Year) (55 seats)
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (Tool & Die) – (Duration: 3 Year) (55 seats)
These courses are duly approved by AICTE, New Delhi. Admission to these courses will be offered on the basis of merit position of "ISTC Entrance Test-2018"
- Opening Date for On-Line submission of ISTC Entrance Form 01st May 2018 9.00 am
- Closing Date for On-Line Submission of ISTC Entrance Form 31st May 2018 up to 05.00 pm
- Last date for Receipt of “ Print out of the System Generated Application Form along with deposit Slip at ISTC, CSIR CSIO, Chandigarh: 8th June 2018 up to 05.00 pm
- Starting Date to print the e-Admit Card for "ISTC Entrance Exam 2018" by the authorised applicants from ISTC or CSIR-CSIO websites: 20th June 2018
- ISTC Entrance Exam Date (Day): 15th July 2018 (Sunday, 09.15 am)
- ISTC Entrance Exam Result Declaration: 18th July 2018 (Tentative)
- ISTC Admission Counselling for Session 2017-18: 25th & 26th July 2018
- ISTC Session 2018 Starts on: 06th August 2018 (Monday) 9.00 a.m
- Total number of seats is 140 out of which 27% are reserved for OBC, 15% for SC and 7.5% for ST candidates. Vacant seats of appropriate categories will be filled as per Govt. of India norms.
- 3% seats are horizontally reserved for Disabled Candidates (physically challenged with disability in one leg or one arm and partially deaf persons)
- The seats shall be filled as per merit list of the physically challenged candidates out of the seats pertaining to the category to which the candidate belongs i.e. General, OBC, SC or ST. These candidates would be required to produce a medical certificate from Govt. Medical Officer authorised for the purpose
- Candidate must have passed the Matriculation or equivalent examination with Mathematics, Science and English as subjects from any recognized school / board. Those who have appeared in the qualifying examination this year are also eligible to apply
- Those born on or after 01st August 1999 (01st August 1996 in case of SC/ST candidates) are eligible to apply
Criteria for OBC Reservation
- OBC reservation will be available as per Govt of India rules to non-creamy layer only
- For applying to avail reservation under OBC category, the candidates will be required to submit adequate proof/certificate, issued by the competent authority as may be prescribed from time to time in evidence of his/her not belonging to creamy layer
- The criteria of creamy layer will be applied as may be prescribed by the Govt. of India
Entrance Test Syllabus
- The test will comprise of questions in Mathematics, Science, Aptitude, English and General Knowledge. Syllabus for the entrance test will be of CBSE 10th class standard or equivalent.
Entrance Examination Pattern
- The ISTC entrance examination will consist of objective multiple choice questions. 25% of the allotted marks will be deducted for each wrong answer
CSIO Chandigarh Entrance Exam Fee
- Rs.1200/- for General / OBC
- Rs.600/- for SC/ST Candidates
- The fee is to be deposited directly online or Offline mode through weblink https://www.onlinesbi.com/prelogin/ institutiontypedisplay.htm .
- The application form is required to be filled on-line only. Application form along with detailed relevant information is available on our websites www.istc.ac.in or www.csio.res.in w.e.f. 01st May 2018
- Before applying on-line, the candidates are advised to read instructions carefully given in the Information Brochure
- The valid email id and mobile number of the applicant/parents/guardian is mandatory for applying and future communication
- A print-out of the submitted application with a passport size coloured photograph attested by a gazetted officer / principal affixed at appropriate place should reach “The Principal, Indo-Swiss Training Centre, CSIRCSIO, Sector 30-C, Chandigarh-160030” on or before 31st May 2018 by 05.00 PM
For further information related to admission, please contact on 0172-2657826, 2651745 & 2651746
INDO-SWISS Training Centre, Chandigarh
CSIR-Central Scientific Instruments Organization, (Council of Scientific & Industrial Research), Sector 30-C, Chandigarh-160030), Phone: 0172-2657826, 2651745, Email: email@example.com, Website www.istc.ac.in or www.csio.res.in
For any query, candidates are requested to check the official website .
Click here or more Engineering Entrance Exam.