Indian Maritime University announces Admission to B.Tech Lateral Entry Admission for August 2021
Indian Maritime University B.Tech Lateral Entry Admission 2021 – Indian Maritime University invites applications from eligible candidates fulfilling the educational and other eligibility criteria for the UG program at its Kolkata & Mumbai Port Campus through the lateral entry scheme. It is proposed to fill the seats available for the B.Tech. (Marine Engineering) program being conducted at IMU, Kolkata & Mumbai Port Campus for Academic Year 2021-22 through lateral entry scheme (admission into 2nd year).
Course offered and No. of Seats
- B.Tech (Marine Engineering) Kolkata Campus : 23 Seats
- B.Tech (Marine Engineering) Mumbai Port Campus : 07 Seats
Indian Maritime University B.Tech Lateral Entry Admission 2021 Important Dates
- Last date for Apply Kolkata campus : 31st July 2021
- Last date to apply-Mumbai Port Campus (by Post) : 16th August 2021
Eligibility Criteria for Indian Maritime University B.Tech Lateral Entry Admission 2021
- 3-years Engineering Diploma in Marine/ Mechanical / Electrical / Electrical & Electronics, from the colleges approved by AICTE or State Board of Technical Education with minimum 55% of aggregate marks in the last year of Diploma Course. [OR]
- 4 years Diploma in Shipbuilding Engineering from the colleges approved by AICTE or State Board of Technical Education with minimum 55% aggregate marks in the last year of diploma course. [OR]
- 1st year from the Engineering College in other streams like Mechanical or Electrical approved by AICTE with minimum 60% average marks.AND
- The candidate must have secured a minimum of 50% marks in English language at 10th or 12thor in the Degree/Diploma Course conducted by a recognized board or University.
- The candidate should have completed the diploma within its stipulated duration of 3 or 4 years as the case may be.
Indian Maritime University B.Tech Lateral Entry Admission 2021 Application Process
- Kolkata Compus : Interested candidates should download the application form from www.imu.edu.in or www.merical.ac.in and submit the same along with photocopies of certificates and mark sheets attested by Gazetted Officer by speed post / E-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) so as to reach the following address on or before 31 Jul 2021.
- The Director, Indian Maritime University, Kolkata Campus p-19, Taratala Road, Kolkata-700088
- Mumbai Port Campus : Interested candidates should download the application form from www.imu.edu.in or www.imumumbaiport.ac.in and submit the same along with self-attested copies of certificates and mark sheets by post so as to reach the following address on or before 16th August, 2021.
- The Campus Director, Indian Maritime University, Mumbai Port Campus, (Marine Engineering & Research Institute) hHay Bunder Road, Mumbai-400033
- For General candidate : Rs. 1000/-
- For Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe candidate : Rs. 700/-
- Mode of Payment : Demand draft payable at Mumbai in favour of Indian Maritime University
- Lateral Entry admissions into Second year of B.Tech(ME) will be made in the order of merit based on aggregate percentage of marks.
- The shortlisted candidates will be required to report at IMU, Mumbai Port Campus for verification of certificates & counselling on 23rd August, 2021.
For more details and apply visit the official website