Gauhati University B.Tech and B.Tech Lateral Entry Admission 2019
Gauhati University announces B.Tech and B.Tech Lateral Entry Admission 2019
Gauhati University B.Tech Admission 2019 - Gauhati University has released the notification and invites application in prescribed forms from eligible candidates for admission to B.Tech and B.Tech (Lateral Entry) course for academic year 2019-20.
- B.Tech in Biotechnology, Computer Science and Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Information Technology, Material Science and Technology
- Duration: 4 years
B.Tech (Lateral Entry to 2nd year)
- B.Tech (Lateral Entry) in Biotechnology, Computer Science and Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Information Technology
No. of Seats
- B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering: 40 Seats
- B.Tech in Computer Science & Engineering: 27 Seats
- B.Tech in Information Technology: 27 Seats
- B.Tech in Material Science and Technology: 20 Seats
Gauhati University B.Tech Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Last Date of Submission of Online Application Form for B.Tech Lateral entry: 25th June 2019
- Date of Entrance Examination for B.Tech Lateral entry: 10th July 2019
- Date of Declaration of Result for B.Tech Lateral entry: 23rd July 2019
- Date of Counseling and Admission for B.Tech Lateral entry: 27th July 2019
- Counseling for JEE (MAIN) 2019 qualified candidates: 08th June 2019
- Admission for JEE (MAIN) 2019 qualified candidates: 08th to 10th June 2019
- 1st Counseling and Admission for CEE (Assam) 2019 qualified candidates:10th June 2019
Eligibility Criteria for Gauhati University B.Tech Admission 2019
B. Tech Course: (4 years)
- As per JEE (MAIN)-2019 AND CEE (Assam)-2019 Norms.
- AICTE approval is yet to be taken.
- As per JEE (Main) 2019 and CEE (Assam) 2019 marks/rank
B. Tech (lateral entry to 2nd year)
- Biotechnology: 3 year polytechnic Diploma or equivalent/B.Sc in relevant branch.
- Computer Science and Engineering: 3-year Polytechnic Diploma or equivalent in the concerned branch/B.Sc in relevant branch.
- Electronics and Communication Engineering: 3 year Polytechnic Diploma or equivalent in the concerned branch/B.Sc in Electronics.
- Candidate with B.Sc. must have Mathematics at 10+2 level.
- Admission Test will be conducted at GUIST ON 10th July 2019, Wednesday.
- Admission process for B. Tech and B. Tech (Lateral) Program offered at the Gauhati University Institute of Science and Technology (GUIST) for the Session 2019-20 is in process.
- The B. Tech admission will be in the following two modes:
- Maximum 20% seats will be filled up from JEE (Main) -2019 qualified student. The counselling for JEE (Main) 2019 qualified students will be held at the GUIST premises as per schedule. Candidates with valid PRC of Assam only can attend the counselling.
- Remaining seats will be from CEE (Assam)-2019 counseling at GUIST premises and as per schedule which will be notified by the Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Govt. of Assam.
- The date of cut-off score for the counselling to be held at GUIST premises based on JEE (MAIN) 2019 Score and CEE (Assam) score, will be notified at the GU website. There is no need of submission of forms for B.Tech admission before counselling.
- Applicants for B.Tech. (Lateral) admission will have to appear in the Entrance Exam which will be held on July 10, 2019 Wednesday.
Reservation of Seats
- Reservation shall be as per G.U. Rules. The candidates seeking admission on reserved quota viz. SC, ST, OBC and MOBC shall be given relaxation up to 5% (Five percent) of the marks prescribed for eligibility criteria. The relaxation will not be applicable to candidates seeking admission on any other reserved quota.
- Reservation for Permanent residents of Assam
- a. Scheduled Caste 7%
- b. Scheduled Tribe (Plains) 10%
- c. Scheduled Tribe (Hills) 5%
- d. O.B.C. and M.O.B.C. 15%
- e. Differently abled persons 4 seats in B.Tech.
- Application Fee: Rs. 250/- only has be paid as application fee for each program.
- Fee for Entrance: 350/- only has to be paid as entrance fee for B.Tech (Lateral entry) through SBI collect.
Gauhati University B.Tech Admission 2019 Application Process
- Application For which will be available from June 05, 2019 Wednesday Onwards at www.gauhati.ac.in.
- The forms along with information sheets can be collected from the office of the Gauhati University Institute of Science and Technology or from the GU website www.gauhati.ac.in
- Application forms for admission: Prescribed application forms for admission to the B.Tech/M.S./M.Tech. programmes will be made available along with this Information Sheets.
- Submission of filled-in forms: There is no need for submission of forms for B.Tech. admission. Since the admission will be through the common counseling of the CEE (Assam) and JEE (MAIN), the allotted students from CEE (Assam) and JEE (MAIN) may submit the form at the temporary counter, CEE (Assam) and JEE (MAIN) Counseling Venue during the counseling days.
- However, students applying for Reserved Categories (GU Employee, Fringe Village, Extra and Co curricular etc.) are required to submit the application forms. Such application forms are to be submitted in the office of the GUIST.
- Application forms for B.Tech. (Lateral Entry), M.S. and M.Tech. courses will be received at the Respective Department Offices.
Institute of Science and Technology (GUIST New Building), Guwahati-781014, Assam, India, Phone no. +913612672212, website.gauhati.ac.in
Get latest Engineering Entrance Exam Alerts by E-mail/SMS, Fill up the Form below: