UCEED 2021 Registration, Exam Date, Eligibility, Syllabus
IIT Bombay announces Undergraduate Common Entrance Exam for Design (UCEED) 2021 for Admission to UG programs at IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad and IIITDM Jabalpur
UCEED 2021 - IIT Bombay has released the notification for Undergraduate Common Entrance Exam for Design (UCEED) 2021 for admissions to the Bachelor of Design (B.Des) Program offered at IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad and IIITDM Jabalpur.
Applications for the same can be submitted till October 10, 2020. Students having an interest in design with an aptitude in Creativity, Visualization and Problem Solving are encouraged to apply.
Also see : UCEED and CEED 2021 result announced
Candidates seeking admission to the Bachelor Degree Program in Design (B. Des.) at Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IITB), Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati (IITG), Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad (IITH) and Indian Institute of Information Technology Design and Manufacturing Jabalpur (IIITDMJ) must appear in UCEED 2021
The candidates are offered admission in B.Des Program at IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad and IIITDM Jabalpur on the basis score obtained in Undergraduate Common Entrance Exam for Design (UCEED) 2021.
UCEED 21 Important Dates
- Start Date of Online Registration - 09th September 2020
- Last date of Online Registration with regular fee - 10th October 2020
- Last Date of Online Registration with Late fee of Rs. 500/- - 17th October 2020
- Admit card downloading - 01st January, 2021
- Last date for rectification of discrepancies in the admit card - 07th January 2021
- Date of UCEED 2021 Exam - 17th January 2021
- Results will be declared on - 10th March 2021
Eligibility Criteria for UCEED 2021
- A candidate, including a foreign national, must fulfil each and every one of the following three criteria to appear in UCEED 2021
- The candidate should have been born on or after 01st October 1996 if belonging to the GEN or OBC-NCL category and on or after 01st October 1991 if belonging to the SC/ST or PwD Category.
Number of attempts
- A candidate can attempt UCEED for a maximum of two times and that too in consecutive years. Note that UCEED score is valid for one year, and only for admissions in the same corresponding academic year.
- For admission to B. Des, the candidate should have passed in the qualifying exam. If a qualifying Board awards only letter grades without providing information on the passing grade on the grade sheet, the candidate should obtain a certificate from the Board specifying the passing grade and submit it at the time of online acceptance of the allocated seat.
- In case such a certificate is not provided, the decision taken by the B.Des admissions Committee will be final. Candidates should have qualified in UCEED 2021
- The criteria, as specified above, is applicable "into" all the candidates including foreign nationals.
Also see : CEED, UCEED 2021 admit cards released
- The candidate should have passed all subjects in the Qualifying Examination (Class XII or equivalent) in 2020, OR should be appearing for the qualifying examination in 2021 in order to be eligible to attempt UCEED 2021. Students from All Streams (Science, Commerce, and Arts & Humanities) are eligible.
- Candidates appeared for the first time in their qualifying examination in 2019 or earlier are NOT eligible.
- The final exam of the 10+2 system, conducted by a Central or State Board recognized by the Association of Indian Universities (www.aiuweb.org)
- Intermediate or two-year Pre-University Exam conducted by a Board or University recognized by the AIU; Final exam of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy
- Sr. Secondary School Exam conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects; any Public School, Board or University exam in India or in a foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the AIU
- HSC vocational examination.
- A Diploma recognized by the All India Council for Technical Education or a State Board of Technical Education of at least 3 years duration.
- High School Certificate Exam of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva
- Candidates who have completed Class XII (or equivalent) exam outside India or from a Board not specified above should produce a certificate from the Association of Indian Universities to the effect that the exam they have passed is equivalent to the Class XII exam.
- In case the Class XII exam is not a public examination, the candidate must have passed at least one public (Board or Pre-University) exam earlier.
UCEED 2021 Application Process
- Candidates should register for appearing in UCEED 2021. Registration can be done Only through the online registration portal linked from www.uceed.iitb.ac.in.
- Candidates should simultaneously satisfy all the three eligibility criteria [refer eligibility criteria for appearing in UCEED 2021]. Registration will be cancelled if, at a later date, it is found that the candidate does not meet any of the three eligibility criteria.
- It will entirely be the responsibility of the candidate to provide the correct information regarding the qualifying exam and category, and upload the correct documents in the required formats in the registration form.
- Registration fee is applicable till the closing date of October 10, 2020, (11:55 pm).
- A late fee of ₹ 500/ USD $50 is applicable to All candidates for registration done after the closing date of October 10, 2020, and till the late registration closing date, i.e., October 17, 2020, (11:55 pm). It is not possible to register after 11:55 pm on October 17, 2020, as the portal shall close.
Registration Fee for Examination Centres in India
Indian Nationals (including PIO/OCI) :-
- For Female Candidates (all categories) - Rs. 1750/-
- For SC, ST, PwD Candidates - Rs. 1750/-
- For All Other Candidates - Rs. 3500/-
Mode of Payment
- Online Through Debit card/Credit card/Net Banking.
Foreign Nationals :-
- Candidates from SAARC countries - USD $350
- Candidates from Non-SAARC countries - USD $450
Registration Fee for Examination Centres in Dubai
- Indian Nationals (including PIO/OCI)
- USD $350 for All Indian Nationals
- USD $350 for Candidates from SAARC countries
- USD $450 for Candidates from Non-SAARC countries
UCEED 2021 Admit Card
- Candidate whose registration is complete in all aspects will be able to download the admit card for UCEED 2021 from the registration portal (www.uceed.iitb.ac.in) from the date specified below
- The admit card will bear the following details of the candidate: Name, UCEED registration ID, Roll Number for UCEED 2021, photograph, signature, examination schedule, examination centre details and instructions to candidates.
- Candidates should carefully examine All the entries in the admit card and in case of any discrepancy, contact the UCEED 2021 Office at IIT Bombay BEFORE the below mentioned date via the designated email address (firstname.lastname@example.org).
UCEED 2021 - Exam Pattern
- UCEED-IIT 2021 exam will be conducted on the 17th January 2021 the exam pattern is given below. One thing which a candidate should do is take the print of admit card, only then he/she will be entertained for the exam.
- Mode of Exam - Online mode
- Language - English
- Duration - 3 hours
- Types of Questions - Objective Type Test (MCQ type)
- Total Marks - 300 marks
- The question paper will consist of two parts - Part-A and Part-B. It is compulsory to attempt questions from both the parts
Details from both the parts are given below:
- Part-A of the question paper will be administered through a computer based test.
- Part-A (Total marks: 240 marks; Maximum time: 2 hours 30 mins)
- Part-A of the question paper will consist of 3 section
- Part-B (Total marks: 60 marks; Maximum time: 30 mins)
- Part-B consists of one question that is aimed at testing the candidate’s drawing skills which will require subjective evaluation.
- Part-B answer booklets will be collected at the end of the examination.
- Part-B questions are mandatory.
- The entire paper (both Part-A and Part-B) must be finished within stipulated time.
UCEED 2021 Syllabus
- Syllabus shall be based on the Higher Secondary Education, Porvorim. It will consist of subjects Visualization and spatial ability, Observation and design sensitivity, Environmental and social awareness, Analytical and logical reasoning, Analytical and logical reasoning, Language and creativity, Design thinking and problem solving & Drawing of 10+2 based.
UCEED 2021 - Test Center
UCEED 2021 will be held in the following 24 cities in India:
- Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Dehradun, Delhi, Ernakulam, Panaji, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Lucknow, Kolkata, Kozhikode, Mumbai, Nagpur, Patna, Pune, Raipur, Thiruvananthapuram, Thrissur and Visakhapatnam.
- Candidates should compulsorily opt for 3 cities of their choice, in the order of preference, at the time of online registration. Once the registration is complete, requests for change of city will NOT be entertained.
UCEED 2021 Results
- Results will be declared on March 10, 2021.
- UCEED results will be available only on the official website (www.uceed.iitb.ac.in). Candidates need to use their user login and password (created during registration process) for viewing the results on the webpage.
- All candidates who appeared in UCEED 2021 will be able to download their score card from March 10, 2021.
- All shortlisted candidates will get a common merit rank (All India Rank). All shortlisted candidates are considered as qualified candidates in UCEED 2021.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website
Get Free Entrance Exam Alerts and College Admission Guidance >> Click here