UGC NET 2017 Last date to Apply: November 16
The application process for National Eligibility Test (UGC NET) 2017 will end in 10 days. The Central Board of Secondary Education CBSE will conduct the UGC NET examination on January 22, 2017 to determine the eligibility for the posts of Assistant Professor and Junior Research Fellowship across the country. Candidates should apply for the UGC NET exam before the last date November 16 and deposit the application fees by November 17, 2016.
Application procedure for UGC NET 2017
- Before applying, candidates must have their scanned image of photograph and signature
- Click on the link “Apply for NET January – 2017”
- Fill in the personal details, Education details and other details for password generation
- Click to submit
- Upload the photo and signature in jpg/jpeg format
- Pay the application fee online or by E-challan
- All the candidates are advised to take printout of the same for future reference
- The application fee for General category: Rs 600
- Other Backward Class (OBC) candidates: Rs 300
- SC/ST and PwD category: Rs 150
Candidates must have passed a Master degree in the relevant discipline from a recognized institute or university. The candidates appearing in their final year of Master degree are also eligible to apply.
For Junior Research Fellowship, the candidates should not be more than 28 years of age. There is no upper age limit for candidates applying for Assistant Professor. Relaxation in age limit for reserved candidates is as per the government rules.
- Last date for applying online: 16th November 2016
- Last date for submission of application fees: 17th November 2016
- Dates for correction in application form details: 22nd November 2016 to 29th November 2016
- Date of release of Admit Card: 21st December 2016
- Date of UGC NET Exam: 22nd January 2017
Some important points for the candidates
- Application fee will not be accepted by any mode other than online or E-challan. The application fee submitted by money order, demand draft, IPO etc. will be summarily rejected.
- Candidates are required to bring a photo identity proof along with their printout of online admission card on the day of examination.
- Candidates should not send the print-out of the confirmation page to the CBSE