OTET 2018 Application begins: Board of Secondary Education, Odisha, has invited online application for the Odisha Teacher Eligibility Test (OTET), 2018. The OTET 2018 online application link is open now OTET 2019 application will be received only through online mode.
The OTET 2018 online link is open from November 12, 2018, 8 am to November 27, 2018, 11.45 pm. The payment of the fee shall be done through SBI Collect either in online or offline mode latest by 11.45 pm on November 27, however, filling up of OTET 2018 forms through online can be carried out till November 28, 2018 midnight.
Registration can be done (24 x 7) on visiting the website: www.bseodisha.ac.in
OTET is applicable to all candidates who possess requisite academic and training qualifications with requisite percentage of marks and to all candidates pursuing the final year of the teacher training courses before the date of publication of advertisement for conducting OTET who aspire to become teachers for Classes-I to VIII in the schools of the State Government, private aided schools and private unaided schools in the State of Odisha.
OTET 2019 – Application Process
- On visiting the website “Log in to your account” screen shall be displayed.
- If you have already registered, enter your e-mail ID, Password and click “Login” button OR click on “Click Here for New Registration” to register.
- On successful Registration, you will be directed again to the “Login to your Account” page where you have to enter your e-mail ID & Password (created by you) and click “Login” again.)
- Fill personal information and other details in different sections
- After filling the required information, check from “Information Sheet” that all information filled by you is correct, if so click “Next Payment & Declaration” button to go for “Declaration & Payment”.
- The following fee shall be applicable for candidates appearing at the OTET 2018.
- For SC & ST Category of candidates:- Rs.300/- (Rupees Three Hundred) Only.
- For Other Category of candidates:- Rs.500/- (Rupees Five Hundred) Only.
- After clicking “Yes-Final Submit” in the Declaration and Payment page, no information can be edited. The Payment can be made through State Bank of India only in following three ways. (i) Net Banking (Online Mode) (ii) ATM Card (Online Mode) (iii) Cash payment through bank challan.
- Download the “Acknowledgement Receipt” for future reference. In case “Acknowledgement Receipt” is not received, you will not be eligible to appear at the examination.
OTET 2018 Exam Pattern
OTET examination will consist of two papers; Paper I and Paper II.
- The total duration of the test in each paper shall be two and half hours and all OTET questions will be Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ), each carrying one mark with four alternatives out of which one answer is correct.
- The question papers in non-language subjects will be bilingual i.e. in Odia and English.
- Following languages shall be offered in Language: Odia, Hindi, Telugu, Urdu, Bengali. The candidate has to choose any one of the above languages for Language-I subject. Language-II subject will be English for all candidates and there will be no negative marking in OTET exam.
- Candidates can appear for Paper I or Paper II or both the papers as per their eligibility. The candidates appearing for both Papers I and II will have to fill the application form separately.
The step by step instructions for online registration, applicability, and eligibility of candidates, syllabus and its structure, instructions for the physically handicapped candidates and format for continuing certificate are available on the Board’s website www.bseodisha.ac.in.